Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#101 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CinderEmma
*hugs* I didn't finish High School until I was 19 (I would have been 17 if I had graduated normally*, it sucks to be left behind. I was very lucky I had my friend with me from my old school to the new school (I had 3 credits left and couldn't stay at my old school due to absents), but it was still lonely knowing everybody was off to college and I was stuck in high school.

I'll be alright I'm sure this way i can know which unis they are at and join them there if i like that uni.

does anybody mind me putting a spoiler in my avatar?
Seeing as I'm on generation 3, i want my gen 3 avatar up.

The Sunshine Legacy - A Random Legacy Challenge
Please read and comment.
I am very interested in what you have to say about my writing.
Thank you :)
Advertisement
Scholar
#102 Old 12th Jul 2012 at 8:54 PM
I say put it up, Anarthiel.

Update! Pearl won the heir vote... she doubled the number of votes second place got. O_o

3.13 - Together http://sarisimsrandomlegacy.blogspo...3-together.html

Prom comes and goes, River gets nervous, Pearl and Rio are adorable.

The Love Legacy A Random Legacy Challenge Blog - Currently in Progress
Test Subject
#103 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 12:11 AM
Jesus, so glad I remembered this place. I've been so bored over the last few days. Its ridiculous!!

I did attempt to blog my last attempt, it went okay, but the pictures were pretty bad. And I always forgot to take them while I was playing... It was a bit silly to be honest. Maybe I can give it another try. I've been blogging about my own life recently with noone to read it, I think it might be a little more entertaining to take another little stab at this. Wonder if anyone remembers the turtle family and their robot friend...?

Edit: Rolling for my founding generation now ^_^
Test Subject
#104 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 1:33 AM
Founding Generation:

Marital Structure: Single

Number of Children: 2

Primary Income: Photographer

Generational Goal: Fulfilled

Misc Fun: Random Traits

Added: Optional Goal: Hall of Fame

When I read the hall of fame goal on the website I knew I really wanted to do it This will be an interesting one too. I've never played a photographer and whenever I've tried photography I always end up with terrible pictures, even once skilled all the way up to 10.

Blog in signature, no posts just yet.
Scholar
Original Poster
#105 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 3:54 AM
Sounds fun! Hopefully having a photographer will remind you to take pics. ;D
Lab Assistant
#106 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 5:19 AM
That sounds like an interesting roll Flameturtle!

So, I finally bought Late Night as a present for myself for having earned my degree. I only had the base game and World Adventures for a long time because I didn't have the funds to buy the EPs or SPs as they came out. I'm looking forward to playing with Late Night. First though, I have to back everything up, lest my game crashes...
Inconceivable!
#107 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:01 AM
Hey flameturtle! Be sure to let us know when you get your first chapter done!

Congrats, hjaxon! That's always exciting to get a new expansion pack. I love late night because it adds the ability to have real working bars and clubs. Very fun, imo. One word of advice though: If you plan on playing in Bridgeport very much, be sure to get the Bridgeport routing fix. It's such a nightmare without it.
Inconceivable!
#108 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 7:47 AM
Question: When you move a Sim into your household, are you allowed to keep the money they bring with them? I'm not sure if a mod that did this or not, but...

Do we allow that? I re-read the rules, but I didn't see anything about it. Perhaps I just missed it.

Edit: And sorry for the double post!
Scholar
#109 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 8:08 AM
Personally I don't think the amount brought in was anything huge, but I usually just MC -> Add to family to move someone in now. Too many horror glitches back in my first legacy.

I'd say you're allowed to keep the money though. I believe we decided incoming cash from move-ins would be a judgement call.

Inconceivable!
#110 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 9:33 AM
Thanks Cece. I got rid of all of it but a thousand cause it felt too much like cheating. And yeah, I tried using the "ask to move in" way, but the person got lost in transit. Just disappeared from the game.

But even when I used MasterController, s/he brought over $17K with her/him. It might be because I have Twallan's mover mod installed, but I'm not sure. Anyway, thank you for the quick answer!
Test Subject
#111 Old 13th Jul 2012 at 10:06 PM
First blog post done, the blog is definitely in my signature, it doesn't seem to be showing though, for whatever reason. heres the link if its not showing up for you:

http://flameslegacy.blogspot.co.uk

Thats not the final design of the blog, but I'm being lazy and playing the game so I'll do it later I'm already, like six chapters worth of stuff ahead x.X

My Random Legacy Challenge!: Flames Legacy!
Space Pony
#112 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:21 AM
I finally found the silly little file messing up my game. So, I finally got to start taking photos.
And the prologue is now available for reading. :D

http://saffronstory.blogspot.ca/

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#113 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 5:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by charmedqueen
I finally found the silly little file messing up my game. So, I finally got to start taking photos.
And the prologue is now available for reading. :D

http://saffronstory.blogspot.ca/

Glad you found a way to fix it!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
#114 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 6:29 PM
Hello there! I apologise if this question has been asked before.

I was wondering, for the "Hall of Fame" achievement, how do we shift items to the museum if it has to be built on another lot? In my experience, only paintings can be added to another lot. I am unsure about written books to community bookshelves, but I am certain that sculptures cannot be added to community lots, and hence, the proposed family museum. So how do we go about completing this if the museum is on another lot? On another note, I like the idea of the museum being on another lot cause it reduces lagginess.

Thank you! (:
Test Subject
#115 Old 14th Jul 2012 at 9:42 PM
When you actually own the venue you can put items that wouldn't normally fit in your inventory into your family inventory and place them from the buy/build on that lot. That way you can add sculptures and the like. My hall of fame is coming along swimmingly, its gonna look boss when its done and its only the first wing.

My Random Legacy Challenge!: Flames Legacy!
Space Pony
#116 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 12:50 AM
1.1 - Beginning Anew

Update. Only cause I had the time though... I was planning on watching Buffy all day today, but someone *cough*boyfriend*cough* is playing a clan op on Mw3, so I can't stream any videos.

I'm hoping to finish planning out Amelia's story arch today while I'm bored, since I think I've pressed my luck enough with my computer by playing sims the past couple hours.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Inventor
#117 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:23 AM
This is late - but I didn't notice we got a new thread. I've been checking the old one wondering where everyone went.

/get with the times Giga!

Welcome new people!

Edit: I was an idiot and took out the mods folder while backing stuff up (and apparently corrupted my saves), so I had to start a new one with Harlan and co. I'm playing catch up - but I should have an update up within a couple of days.

"Goonies never say die."
Inconceivable!
#118 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:05 AM
Glad you found us Giga! I was worried you'd abandoned the challenge altogether.

I should have an update sometime soon as well. I didn't realize that traveling would add so much time to each update! Adventuring takes longer than normal careers, at least for me. Good news is that it hasn't caused any lag or longer loading times, not yet anyway. *knocks on wood*

Also, I'm thrilled to see some people attempting the optional 10 generation goals! Hall of fame is my personal favorite and the one I'm working toward with Danielle, my heir. Luckily, her significant other rolled for photographer, so that should take care of this generation's portraits. I'm also thinking about doing real estate powerhouse, but I don't know yet. Depends on how ambitious I'm feeling.
Lab Assistant
#119 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:35 AM
So, I have a question about Sim lifespans. The rules say we can tweak the ages in the normal lifespan to our own preferences, so currently my Sims have a lifespan of about 130 days, barring electrocution and house fires. Is that too long? I'd hate to lessen the challenge by having my Sims get an extra thirty days but I'm such a sentimental fool that I like to keep them around for a long time. How long does everybody else set their lifespans?
Scholar
#120 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 8:51 AM
My lifespan is set to 90

Baby - 2
Toddler - 7
Child - 9
Teen - 15
YA - 26
A - 21
E - 10

More or less. Toddler might be 6, and A might be 22.

Instructor
#121 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 9:27 AM
Pucci is finally a YA in game.

Gen 3:
Couple
2 kids
Collector
Photographer
Fulfilled
Runs in the family

Just a reminder of Pucci in all his awesomeness
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#122 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 10:57 AM
Hey guys, sorry i haven't been on over the last couple of days, I've been busy celebreating my birthday woooo!
Yeah, one of my friend's brought me fast lane and design & high-tech stuff packs which i will be putting to good use XD

does anybody know of any good towns? I'm kinda bored of Elmira City

The Sunshine Legacy - A Random Legacy Challenge
Please read and comment.
I am very interested in what you have to say about my writing.
Thank you :)
Scholar
Original Poster
#123 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 1:57 PM
I have the lifespan set to 95 days. I've considered extending it, for the sentimental reason that I'm 25 years old and two of my great-grandparents are still alive and still very much a part of my life, so it's weird for me to see sims die without even meeting their grandchildren.

Anyway I have baby set to 2 (the lowest it can be set), toddler set to 7 (I need all those days, in case I roll Perfect Children... that was the default "normal" setting by the way, so I didn't make this roll easier or harder), child is set to 10 days (I love my sim kids, so the default 7 was not enough), 14 for teens (14 was default, again one I didn't change)... 12 for elders. I forget what YA and adult are set to, but it adds up to 95 days. My oldest sim lived to 128 days anyway... but don't expect that to happen often.

Anarathiel, I have yet to use any non-EA towns, but I've heard great things about Riverblossom Hills: http://www.modthesims.info/d/429780
Instructor
#124 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 2:09 PM
I loved Riverblossom Hills when I played it. It's beautiful. I've considered getting it again.
Field Researcher
#125 Old 15th Jul 2012 at 3:42 PM
Hey, hope it's okay for me to post. I don't blog about my legacy but I absolutely love this challenge (on gen 3 right now) and I LOVE reading everyone's legacy stories. I am mad jealous that you guys are so creative!

I have my life span set to 136 days ... lol, it feels so long now that others have there's set to 90 and 95. But I if I shorten it I feel like I'm rushing them to the top of their careers and I really like taking them out with their families, taking lots of pictures, gaining good cooking skills so they're more helpful when they become grandparents, as well as skilling for their careers.

baby is at 2 days (I hate babies)
toddler is at 5
children is at 12
teen is at 20
YA is 42
adult is 42
elder is 17

Annie
Page 5 of 676