Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
Default Does nightlife allow custom content??
Im going to buy nightlife but first before i do i want to no if i can download custom content onto it. Ive seen loads of downloads for it but some people have said its not reccomended to put custom content on because the game deletes it or it won't work because and that some message appears on the menu telling you not to install custom content??

So does it allow custom content or not ? please answer

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:30 PM
It should I have it and it lets me use custom content
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:31 PM
Err, CC works fine in NL. You may get a message about CC popping up when you run it, but you can just tell it to enable content and carry on your merry way.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:38 PM
I don't see why not, and I don't understand how people can say Nightlife does not allow custom content.

There was only one issue with earlier expansion packs, and that was about creation of sub-folders under your main Downloads folder. This was changed later, I don't quite recall after which EP though.
Site Helper
#5 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:49 PM
Too much CC will slow your game, no matter which EP you have. The game doesn't usually delete CC unless you are installing a new EP, and you can solve that by following the recommended procedure of putting the Downloads folder somewhere else while you install. (Along with making a backup of the neighborhoods from before you install the EP so you will have them if you need to uninstall.)

There is a warning screen. Don't let it scare you. It's just alerting you to the fact that if there is a problem the first thing to do is take out the CC and see if the problem is still there. It just does so in a more "doom and gloom" manner. (Including having CC disabled by default.)

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM
Well if you had some custom content in your game and you installed NL it will automatically disable it. This will also happen if you install a patch for your game or install another EP. You can always enable it anyway.

@Nalia I think after NL you can use sub folders for anything but I don't know anything about it changing
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 27th Jul 2009 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mitzymoo589
@Nalia I think after NL you can use sub folders for anything but I don't know anything about it changing

Oh, that's what I meant by "changing": the ability to create sub-folders and sub-folders under your sub-folders and so on. I thought it was after NL but wasn't quite sure. Thank you!