Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:23 PM
Default Package file problem
I changed my file in downloads folder (package file) to open with body shop and now it has a body shop icon, how do I change it back?

Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 7:17 PM
The same way you changed it in the first place?

Right click on it; select "Properties", scroll down to "Opens with", select what you want, and "Apply"

But opening with body shop is not bad. You just don't want it opening with something like Notepad.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 10:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
The same way you changed it in the first place?

Right click on it; select "Properties", scroll down to "Opens with", select what you want, and "Apply"

But opening with body shop is not bad. You just don't want it opening with something like Notepad.

That is not helping any. You know how the downloaded files show as package, its showing as body shop installer instead. Can anyone help me please? It wont go back to its old form even with open with and this is what I see.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 4:06 AM
I'm still having this problem.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 9:51 AM
Turn on filename extensions, they seem to be turned off. If your files are still called whatever.package then they will still work fine and the issue is mostly cosmetic. You can open them manually from within whatever program you are editing them with, and things that scan for your content will still find them.

You can also look at file type associations in Tools - Folder Options - File Types, but I would have thought Ghost's advice should have fixed it, too.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 5:45 PM Last edited by coolsimsgal : 26th Jul 2009 at 7:06 PM.
No, how could ghosts advice help? There was no package icon under opens with, ok so the folder options file types...which one?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just changed the icon thanks!
Instructor
#7 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 9:06 PM
Ghost's advice helps because she suggested that you do exactly what you had done in the first place to change it. Why you would change them to open with Body Shop, I don't know. But near as I can tell, all you had to do was change it back using the same process. I don't know why it was such a problem to fix.

In the future:

Right click the package icon>Properties>Where it says "Opens With," click change>And browse for the desired program (like SimPE)>Click OK>Click OK

The icon will change to reflect the selected program.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rosesforme17
Ghost's advice helps because she suggested that you do exactly what you had done in the first place to change it. Why you would change them to open with Body Shop, I don't know. But near as I can tell, all you had to do was change it back using the same process. I don't know why it was such a problem to fix.

In the future:

Right click the package icon>Properties>Where it says "Opens With," click change>And browse for the desired program (like SimPE)>Click OK>Click OK

The icon will change to reflect the selected program.

ugh, it wasn't such a problem and no open with didnt do anything. all I had to dow as change the icon