Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 3:39 AM
Default Your aspiration IRL?
I actually haven't seen this discussed anywhere before, so I'm just going to put it here...

Many people hate the idea of being "judged"; that is, placed under a stereotype (ex. emo, goth, punk, prep, whatever). But what if you judged YOURSELF?

I think that I'd be a Knowledge Sim. I'm obsessed with learning and reaching the top (but not so much that I'd be a materialistic Fortune Sim!). I know that Jim Bob Duggar (the man in Arkansas with eighteen children, all of whose names start with 'J') would be a BIG TIME Family Sim!

I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I'm curious.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:02 AM
Hmmm...I'm having a hard time deciding because I'm can't really put myself into a specific category. I'm a little bit of all of them. But mostly I'd be a Family/Knowledge/Pleasure sim. Okay...if I can only pick one....Family. Now my brain hurts.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Test Subject
#3 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:17 AM
Haha, I just looked up an aspiration quiz and it was actually confused by my answers! In the end, it said I would probably be a Pleasure sim, with a touch of Knowledge Can't say that I disagree, how accurate! Geez, I'm so lazy and shmart
Scholar
#4 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:18 AM
Where'd you find an aspiration quiz? I'd probably make it self-destruct though.

Theorist
#5 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:19 AM
Knowledge, FTW

~~~The Official Nintendork Island~~~
"I cannot love you like this anymore..... Alejandro"
Test Subject
#6 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:22 AM
The quiz is right here: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-si...ation-test-test

It's moderately entertaining :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pillywiggen
The quiz is right here: http://www.okcupid.com/tests/the-si...ation-test-test

It's moderately entertaining :P

It's way too long and makes you sign up and stuff, though.

I didn't even know such a quiz existed, either, but funnily enough, no one has actually discussed what aspiration they would BE, in the five long running years of Sims 2.
Test Subject
#8 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by 888mph
It's way too long and makes you sign up and stuff, though.

It is a bit long, but it actually doesn't make you sign up. At the end of the quiz, it invites you to, but you don't have to enter any information and can just continue to your results.

I know, I hate signing up for pointless stuff too :P
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pillywiggen
It is a bit long, but it actually doesn't make you sign up. At the end of the quiz, it invites you to, but you don't have to enter any information and can just continue to your results.

I know, I hate signing up for pointless stuff too :P

It says you have to.

ROFLMAO

Quote: Originally posted by Test Machine
Unfortunately, I can't seem to figure out how to categorize the results properly to tell you your aspiration automatically. I'm not sure you can, the way I structured the test and how OKCupid scores them. I was going to do it by whichever category had the highest score, you could be that aspiration. But that doesn't seem to be possible. Anyway, the "Woohooness" variable tracks whether or not you are a romance sim or a family sim. A high number indicates you are romance, a low negative number indicates you are family. "Strangeness" actually tracks how much your "Knowledge" aspiration is. I called it strangeness because they are the ones that like aliens, see ghosts, want to be vampires/werewolves, etc. I also structured it that if you picked the "Grilled Cheese" answers, it would give a big negative, so that if you had a negative score, you would be a "Grilled Cheese" aspiration. "Popularityness" and "Moneyness" are pretty straightforward, if you have high scores in that you would either be a Popularity aspiration or Fortune aspiration.
Test Subject
#10 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 4:35 AM
Heh, you broke the quiz

Eh, that site is weird though. I didn't sign up and was able to take the quiz and be done. *shrug* Mysteries of the interwebs.
Scholar
#11 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 6:21 AM
I am a mix of a popularity and fortune sim.

The popularity aspiration is my foremost desire. I like making friends. And talking. :]
Scholar
#12 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 7:58 AM
I turned out to be a knowledge/popularity/romance/money person and I broke the quiz too. Figures.

Helptato
#13 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 8:10 AM
I would say a Pleasure/Knowledge mix. I like to have a good time, but I like to learn as well.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Forum Resident
#14 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 10:12 AM
When I make myself, I tend to ensure I'm Knowledge with a secondary of Pleasure. On the quiz it also said it couldn't work mine out, but I did have the highest score for Knowledge.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)