Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 7th Jan 2008 at 9:55 AM
Default yo
Ah the ModFather himself... never thought i'd see the day i came ... umm nvm haha, yea i kinda got lost, its not that i dont understand it, its just i dont see what Targa was talking about, and yea the tutorial is kinda old but... anyway, your version i know.... this ive done... a few times. What im trying to do is replace all of MAXIS default NPC Clothes with whatever i choose to.

I know there's a clothes hack or something that prevents them from changing back to default when you edit them with SimPE, but hey my PC aint all that.. probably just the bag of chips without the chips haha, and i have enough GD custom stuff and too many hacks already, with everything up to Teen Stuff installed so just imagine, one of these fine days i'll upload my hood and show ya'll my trees galore! heh i can take a nap and it'll still be loading.

I found a program that does it, BUT it dosent work for all* custom made clothes.
Hmm, here it is >>
http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Go To Sims2/Programs/Sims 2 NPC Replacer
(sorry couldnt get a direct link)

Ive gotten it to work, its kinda..... SIMPLE, even my gf's 2yr old niece could do it..... BUT like i said, it dosent work for custom clothes...

OH WOW IS ME!!!! lol

Have a good day...

You can find me on Patreon, Reddit, CurseForge, and NexusMods with my not-so-solitary BodyHair mod and a handful of guides. I'm also sometimes active in the r/Sims4 Troubleshooting Thread.
Advertisement
Instructor
#27 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 10:18 AM Last edited by wndy26 : 16th Mar 2008 at 11:13 PM.
I am attempting to work through this tutorial - all I want to do is edit the texture for the mail carrier (male and female). Is this the right tutorial for this?

I have gotten all the way to the steps where I make my own packages. Will I be making two separate packages - one for the GMDC, GMND, Cres, Shpe and a different one for the textures? (which would actually mean 4 packages since I am doing both male and female) Is this right?

Update: OK...since all I am doing is recoloring this same outfit, I don't need to make the mesh package - only the texture package. Trial and error is sooo much fun! Now I just have to figure out how to get my logo to look more clear - it keeps looking blurry and stretched in game...I am sure its all about positioning. Other than that, I managed to answer my own question above. Anyone have any tips for less blurry logos?
Test Subject
#28 Old 7th Apr 2008 at 6:24 PM
is there a way, i can make my families ive created and turn them into NPC?

hailey marie♥
Field Researcher
#29 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 9:01 AM
Default I was able to get most NPC clothing changed
Quote: Originally posted by phoenixpaine
I found a program that does it, BUT it doesn't work for all* custom made clothes.
Hmm, here it is >>
http://www.simwardrobe.com/
Go To Sims2/Programs/Sims 2 NPC Replacer

I was able to get most NPC clothing changed for my medieval sims.
Unfortunately, there is no tutorial available. It's been out for quite some time now, but no tutorial...hmmmmmm?

Anyway, I noticed that in order for the waiters and nannies clothing to work properly, I had to replace both the first as well as the 'alternate' with the same exact clothing option. I could not get the chef clothing choices to work. Instead it gave me the mesh of my choice, but the visual textures of the maxis original clothing; it looked weird. Also, there was no hostess option available.

It made it easy for me to alter the clothing, but you get a limited choice of NPCs to work with. I could not take the hats off of the newspaper carriers either. Overall, it was still worth my time and effort.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Mad Poster
#30 Old 23rd Sep 2008 at 9:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BillySIMS139
I was able to get most NPC clothing changed for my medieval sims.
Unfortunately, there is no tutorial available. It's been out for quite some time now, but no tutorial...hmmmmmm?

Anyway, I noticed that in order for the waiters and nannies clothing to work properly, I had to replace both the first as well as the 'alternate' with the same exact clothing option. I could not get the chef clothing choices to work. Instead it gave me the mesh of my choice, but the visual textures of the maxis original clothing; it looked weird. Also, there was no hostess option available.

It made it easy for me to alter the clothing, but you get a limited choice of NPCs to work with. I could not take the hats off of the newspaper carriers either. Overall, it was still worth my time and effort.
I just downloaded this program today and I've been fighting with it for a couple of hours. I find it extremely annoying, but most of that is my own fault because my dowloads folder is so disorganized. I can never find the clothes I want to use. Basically, you need to know the filename and subfolder directory of each file for each npc or you'll be totally lost (like me).

Also, it only has npcs up to Nightlife, so there is no option to change any of the BV or AL npcs.

Personally, I found it only used custom clothes and I could find no option to use maxis meshes at all.

I really, really wish there was an option to see a preview of what the clothing actually looked like on a sim, instead of just the texture files (if this option exists, I sure dind't find it). It would seem I'd have to load up the game and actually somehow find each npc in the game to see how the clothing looks on them.

Yeah, this program *really* needs a tutorial. The readme file that downloaded with it just appoligised "for the complete lack of documentation" and said the program was "The program is very easy to use" which either is a lie or I'm very stuid.
Test Subject
#31 Old 25th Dec 2008 at 6:32 AM
Maybe i phrased it wrong when i said simple, should of said it lacks and dosent seem to be supported, lol... seriously i said that? I googled the thing earlier and saw the post in the results and was thinking (when i saw the SIMPLE thing) which idiot wrote that?!?!? haha, oh that was funny... hmm, probably wrote that when i was sleepy like now, but anyway i really dont think that there's anything a tutorial could tell you more than the read me lol Ouch was that too harsh?

W/e sorry for the bump on the dead thread, had to laugh at myself....

@ Rosawyn... you should see mine, i have three downloads folders that i havent sorted out for a year yet, then again i did stop playing for a while... but no, dont worry the program is annoying too...

@BillySIMS139... i'll try that first and alternate thing you mentioned and see if i can get it to work, but my problem wasnt getting it to work, it was a mesh error or something... bleh cant remember...

I'm going to rebuild my neighborhood........ stress, all those 3000+ pine trees
Ya know i still dont see the resemblance and a bunny... do you? i mean it looks like a snail/slug with ears...

Laters

Oh and Merry Christmas everyone!

You can find me on Patreon, Reddit, CurseForge, and NexusMods with my not-so-solitary BodyHair mod and a handful of guides. I'm also sometimes active in the r/Sims4 Troubleshooting Thread.
Instructor
#32 Old 18th Feb 2009 at 6:55 PM
Hi, This was great, Thank You!
I Managed to banish a couple of plastic characters but can't locate the Holiday SP Santa Clause in the list of NPC's - I Think he's a bit of a tricky one yes? any ideas on where he's hiding and how i can change that stupid fake fat red guy?
Thanks again
Test Subject
#33 Old 22nd Apr 2009 at 4:28 PM
If I wanted to, say, use Servos to replace ALL of my neighborhood's current NPC's, how would I got about doing that? If I try to make a Servo-Sim in CAS, I end up with weird looking Androids (also kind of cool, but not what I'm going for). I used this tutorial to make a clean custom neighborhood with NO NPCs at all... So I don't think I can use Sim Surgery? Does this mean I would have to go in and batch create NPCS and then replace them one by one with a teleporter??

Thanks for your help
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 23rd Apr 2009 at 1:38 AM
I seem to be having trouble with opening the package file. I'm using my own file (replacing original Teen male and female newspaper delivery since the Moomaid is no longer available for download). I have opened the file as described in the first part of the tuturial but the Geometric Data Container isn't showing up in the left corner of the screen as shown in screenshot 1. Instead I see the following:
3D ID Referencing File (3IDR) (1)
Binary INdex (BINX) (1)
Directory of Compressed Files (CLST) (1)
Materials Definition (TXMT) (1)
Property Set (GZPS) (1)
Text Lists (STR#) (1)
Texture Image (TXTR) (2)

Your tuturial does not specify how or where to open the file. I know I'm reading it, but I am soooo confused and I fear that I may be doing something wrong opening the file, but I'm lost. What's going on?
Test Subject
#35 Old 30th May 2009 at 5:38 PM
it to old to post in this tread, btw, the maid still not change his ugly damn maxis hair even i tried surgery it many time with custom hair replacer.. damn ugly hair.. brueewwwkk!
Field Researcher
#36 Old 9th Jun 2009 at 9:43 PM
Default Sim Boutique Clothingrack for changing hair...
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
Now I just need to get rid of the silly hair.

Have you tried the Sim Boutique Clothingrack by christianlov?
I'm not playing the game at the moment but I'm thinking it can change hairstyles and makeup.

Let me know if you use any of my recolors in a story, video, etc. I'd like to see it!
Forum Resident
#37 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 2:59 AM
I found a hack by alkaloid. The clothing rack doesn't work for work clothes, it's a great object though, I use it for other things.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 10th Jun 2009 at 5:32 PM
Default Clothing rack and Jaxad's hack will change uniforms
Quote: Originally posted by jmtmom
... The clothing rack doesn't work for work clothes...

Oh yes it will!
"Originally Posted by christianlov
hello~ All npcs have a code of wearing their special uniform when they are on the job. so you need additional npc uniform hack which is often called "npc no revert" or so. there are a few very good npc uniform hacks made by dizzy2 or jaxad. " I use Jaxad's hack and it works for me.
http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=89766
Read about it before using it.

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 10th Jul 2009 at 10:54 AM Last edited by chuckles_82 : 11th Jul 2009 at 4:58 AM. Reason: Update
Can anyone tell me what to do with the bump textures? I made a beautiful medieval maid, but my true goal was to do the mail carrier and paper boy since I see them the most. Is there a certain way I can/should edit them in photoshop for my replacement file? Or can I delete them from the original file?

Thanks

PS ok, I found out that 'bump maps' are the same as 'normal maps' (well according to the wiki) so I got the normal maps from the custom clothes I used. All done witih the mail carrier and the paper boy - now to try them out!
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th Oct 2009 at 6:28 PM
Default Can you permanently delete certain npc and objects?
Hello. Please don't criticize me for this, but I was wondering if there was a way to permanently delete certain npcs and objects so that they do not ever show up in the game? I have all the eps except pets. My knowledge of computers is pretty good, however, I have not ever created a game mod or hack. The most I have done for changing anything in the game is hair color and skin color. I have checked out some of the tutorials on here, but have not found anything that specifically shows how to permanently delete certain npcs.

Thanks
Field Researcher
#41 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 6:19 PM
Default What NPCs do you not want and why?
Quote: Originally posted by jouwhoo
wondering if there was a way to permanently delete certain npcs and objects so that they do not ever show up in the game? Thanks

Which NPCs and why?
If it's because of their face/hair/clothing, that can be changed. If it's their job altogether, then there are certain things you might be able to do so that they don't "visit".

Test Subject
#42 Old 20th Feb 2010 at 12:14 AM
And what's about, when i would like to use an alpha-skin? How can I "Insert" the plus two texture?
Instructor
#43 Old 7th Feb 2012 at 12:13 AM
I recently found out that it is possible to make a playable sim a townie, with the teleport shrub. The teleport shrub is *very* convenient.

But is there any way to make the playable into an NPC?? I mean if I become tired of my playable, can he find a new mission as a postman, or a waiter?? or grocery van driver?
Because it would be fun.
I mean replacing the npc with a playable sim, not just replacing the mesh with another mesh.
Instructor
#44 Old 31st May 2014 at 12:24 AM
The MiniMaid program isn't on the link you posted? So can I even do this?
Lab Assistant
#45 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 10:35 AM
Sorry I am late to this party, but I just finished creating a custom hood (empty, supposedly - at least the neighborhood character files were empty after I created it) and am now searching for a way to make custom NPCs which will need changes to their "uniform" or everyday clothing.

Does Numenor's much shorter and easier-to-understand tutorial in post #26 work? I tried going through the steps, created a new archetype maid and paper delivery boy in CAS, but when I got to the surgery step in SimPE, there were no NPCs showing up in the window to make into the "patient".

I downloaded the "Sims2 NPC replacer" but cannot figure out how to use it and cannot find any tutorials for it except for the very brief readme which says there are no tutorials.

Help, anyone...?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 1:50 PM
I use ChristianLov's Sims Boutique to change townies, downtownies, students and even npc's. I can change their clothes and hair, just like you're creating a sim in CAS. The only problem is those secret society students, teachers, slobs and vampires. Secret society and teachers have the habit of going back to their default outfit, unless that teacher isn't part of the college neighbourhood you're playing in or when you don't play at a college at all. Now i did use Jaxad0127's No Npc Revert hack. However, that one has the side effect that streakers, who are normally supposed to run naked through your house or dorm or at communitylots such as the library, wear clothes and thus you can't call them streakers anymore (though they still run with their arms in the air through buildings). Also, the no npc revert has no effect on secret society students who are part of the neighbourhood where you play. For example; if you are playing on the Sims University neighbourhood and you joined the secret society there, then your fellow members will still wear their uniforms outside the society. I use Twojeff's Simblender to change their appearance. The nice thing of simblender is that you can place it everywhere, also on communitylots (have to place it before playing the neighbourhood)
Now slobs and vampires is a different story. Those can't be replaced at all, even not with defaults. I've downloaded once some files from the site sims2defaults to replace the slob, but it had no effect.
I wonder how to handle these problems. I don't want streakers to be clothed, i wanted to behave like they should. And how do you replace slobs and vampires. Witches are no problem though.
Scholar
#47 Old 23rd Jul 2018 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by candesco
I use ChristianLov's Sims Boutique to change townies, downtownies, students and even npc's. I can change their clothes and hair, just like you're creating a sim in CAS. The only problem is those secret society students, teachers, slobs and vampires. Secret society and teachers have the habit of going back to their default outfit, unless that teacher isn't part of the college neighbourhood you're playing in or when you don't play at a college at all. Now i did use Jaxad0127's No Npc Revert hack. However, that one has the side effect that streakers, who are normally supposed to run naked through your house or dorm or at communitylots such as the library, wear clothes and thus you can't call them streakers anymore (though they still run with their arms in the air through buildings). Also, the no npc revert has no effect on secret society students who are part of the neighbourhood where you play. For example; if you are playing on the Sims University neighbourhood and you joined the secret society there, then your fellow members will still wear their uniforms outside the society. I use Twojeff's Simblender to change their appearance. The nice thing of simblender is that you can place it everywhere, also on communitylots (have to place it before playing the neighbourhood)
Now slobs and vampires is a different story. Those can't be replaced at all, even not with defaults. I've downloaded once some files from the site sims2defaults to replace the slob, but it had no effect.
I wonder how to handle these problems. I don't want streakers to be clothed, i wanted to behave like they should. And how do you replace slobs and vampires. Witches are no problem though.

@candesco I meant to reply to you a couple days. I just didn't know what to say. Do you still need help with this problem? I might be of some assistance to you. I'll could test out the slobs and vampires for you I don't know what to do with the secret society members though. Are you using the visitor controller?
Page 2 of 2