Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#3101 Old 1st Dec 2018 at 9:03 PM
Did a pre-wedding photoshoot with "me" and "Michi" today which was nice but then "Michi" went home and... painted this... thing

I've honestly never seen a sim paint this image before I'm cracking up I think laying on the snow in 0c weather broke her
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3102 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by happycigarettes
Did a pre-wedding photoshoot with "me" and "Michi" today which was nice but then "Michi" went home and... painted this... thing

I've honestly never seen a sim paint this image before I'm cracking up I think laying on the snow in 0c weather broke her

That's an odd ball painting, I admit.

Though I do like its uniquities for a creature in a strange painting. Are you sure it's not from your library of pictures?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Test Subject
#3103 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 12:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
That's an odd ball painting, I admit.

Though I do like its uniquities for a creature in a strange painting. Are you sure it's not from your library of pictures?

I don't have a library of pictures! I'm pretty sure it's some kind of Spore thing, which I don't own as a game but is another Maxis title. Possibly an easter egg? Very low% chance to paint? She hasn't painted it again since and I've had the 'Birth of Venus' 3 times in the interim.
Mad Poster
#3104 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 1:55 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 13th Dec 2018 at 10:43 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by happycigarettes
I don't have a library of pictures! I'm pretty sure it's some kind of Spore thing, which I don't own as a game but is another Maxis title. Possibly an easter egg? Very low% chance to paint? She hasn't painted it again since and I've had the 'Birth of Venus' 3 times in the interim.

Well, it did remind me of Spore, now that you mention it. Funny how that game was Will Wright's lesser successes, but that was because of the "naughty" looking creatures. In my opinion, it's a testament to how well one can program a game for an openness not seen since then.

But getting to the matter at hand. It's been a while since I've check on the simselves of me and Lee Unkrich. The two of them were in the living room kissing, hugging and Lee massaging my back.

Granted, I regularly commit a couple cardinal sins among The Sims gamer. My most common is replicating a celebrity of some sort to get into a relationship with them. The other is a common one that defies health recommendation, which is playing for hours on end, past the recommended 3 hour a day, 21 hours a week from various organizations studying benefits and detriments of gaming.

But keep in mind that playing for hours with your Sims is a gaming tradition that goes back to the very first Sims game for PC. This is what simming is all about.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Lab Assistant
#3105 Old 13th Dec 2018 at 9:14 PM
I'm play-testing a lot I *may* want to upload here (unpractical house roughly inspired by my year living in Sweden, since Scandinavian sim housing is lacking around the internet… LOL). The house is made for 4 (or 6 with guests) and I started with only 2 adult sims (named the equivalent of Humpty and Dumpty), so guess what I've been doing all sim-week ? Breeeeeding hehe. Yay for blue and pink sim nuggets !
Technically inbreeding even, since Humpty and Dumpty are clones, just copied, color-reversed and sex-changed due to high laziness.
Mad Poster
#3106 Old 16th Dec 2018 at 4:57 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Dec 2018 at 7:08 PM.
Last time I was at the computer, (Can't really "sim" like the good old days for the next 3 weeks. My time is rented out to my family. In case you wondered, I usually communicate via smartphone) I built a 5x5 "drowning pool" and drown any annoying neighbors who dared to wander onto our property. We grew quite a garden that was beautiful. We're planning on selling the crops downtown.

In the Sims 1 & 2, pulling out the ladder was easy and effortless to drown said Sims. In The Sims 3 & 4, they could easily pull up from the edge of the pool, so it meant putting up fencing.

If I was writing this as a story, it was "Kymchee's" idea for the "drowning pool". She usually has better things to do like tend her garden and spoon with "Lee" during their time in bed.

But judging by this behavior, yes, I have a cruelty towards the neighborhood because I am not sure if I can be a people person. Then again I don't really like large crowds or flat open terrain.

It's turning into those murder mysteries where the woman beats her husband to death with leg of lamb, cooks the leg and serves it to the police, thereby removing the murder weapon with the police none the wiser. That was a murder mystery that was read to me on Halloween in one of the English classes in 7-12 grade. Don't remember when exactly, but it was fitting for the Twilight Zone.

Lab Assistant
#3107 Old 17th Dec 2018 at 7:31 PM
Once again, things did NOT go as planned. First of all, my adorable heiress caught fire at the inventing bench, so now, her sister is up. Pity, the older one had the more interesting face (with a chin that puts the 11th doctor's one to shame). So after that hiccup, dad Gunther (Grunt, not Goth) ages up into an elder and actually talks to his daughter for the very first time. Do you want a medal?
The mother (Ronja) has a couple more days, so of course she gets pregnant. Jeez. Naturally, Gunther is the same old narcissist - no wishes to have a boy or girl, no wishes to interact with baby Rory. Instead, the sleazeball rolls a wish for another baby with Ronja. You haven't even bothered to look after the other three once! I've half a mind to kick him out. He doesn't earn half the money his wife does, and only comes home to woohoo and eat what she cooks.

omnis mundi creatura
Helptato
#3108 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 12:19 PM
Created a new Sim named Olivia and moved her into Appaloosa Plains. She currently lives in a modest lot in the bottom part of the town looking towards the beach. It's a good thing she has the loves the outdoors trait, because she doesn't currently have much of a house...

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Field Researcher
#3109 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 8:47 AM
My millennial sims are going on dates

So freaking romantic am I right
Scholar
#3110 Old 28th Dec 2018 at 5:26 PM
I decided to start a new game and create a Legacy just using the time machine because I am sick of babies and children right now. However now aliens have decided to appear in my game. For each male probed and impregnated the child shall become a family slave, and the father will be booted out from the family. Teach those Sim probing aliens.

I think my game frowns on this idea because now my kids are coming out really ugly.

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#3111 Old 29th Dec 2018 at 2:39 AM
I've never played long enough to really enjoy the snow OR had a family to play that enjoy the snow OR had a lot big enough to do any snow activities. Here's to my first time.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#3112 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
I've never played long enough to really enjoy the snow OR had a family to play that enjoy the snow OR had a lot big enough to do any snow activities. Here's to my first time.

Your sims are cute! You should post more pics of them
Field Researcher
#3113 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 4:34 AM
After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back to working on my story; which means world building, house building, sim building and me consuming scary amounts of caffeine.

Scouring the internet for a way to make this elder sim into Penny Pincher's gramma without having to make MOAR sims; (found a solution that might work), but then thinking "I probably should make the grandfather, the mother, the father, some siblings, (Penny's aunts and uncles on her dad's side), and maybe another sibling or two for Penny.

Then scouring here for a suitable base sim to make Balthasar for the Heaven lot (which I also had to create as an underground bunker sort of thingy since in Supernatural (TV) there's no windows, etc, and something as big as it would have to be would stick out like a sore thumb in the town overhead view.....) - which I'm nearly done with.

All this BS for what, maybe 20 shots? Don't get me started on what I did in Mont St. Michel for like what, 20 shots as well? I need a life.

Dead Ringers
Discord: RedBaroness13
Inventor
#3114 Old 5th Jan 2019 at 2:28 PM
I haven't played the game for quite a while. Because of another game, I had to change my Nvidia drivers and they ruined both TS2 and TS3. I managed to make TS2 run as it should but TS3 became really choppy, there was nothing I was able to do and so I stopped. However, towards the end of 2018 I decided to add a new hard disk for all my old games and I also had to change the drivers again, so I decided to try playing TS3 once more.

I wanted to start from the very beginning so I mounted the base game, added the 1.67 patch, created a (male) Sim, chose a cheap starter house in Sunset Valley and put him there: a moment later, an invisible Sim appeared and the game promptly crashed to desktop. This way I learned that the patch requires at least one EP; I added World Adventures and everything was fine — that is, until I also added the No mosaic mod, always my first one; then my Sim got dirty, took a shower and I realized with horror that he lacked some very important parts of his anatomy. I added some xxx stuff and everything was fine once more until he decided he wanted to be a writer and I found out I had to add Ambitions EP. (The problem here was that I was so used to playing with all the EPs but the last one, as well as with stuff packs and stuff I downloaded here and there that I did not remember what came from where; LGR's old reviews were a great help at this point.) I also re-downloaded essential Twallan's mods and added the Seasons EP, which I've always loved, and High-End Loft Stuff; later on I also added Late Night, because of the story. And that is all ATM; the game loads in less than a minute and runs beautifully (well, most of the time); the downside is that I do miss some stuff from other packs and community downloads but for the time being, I am quite content.

So, finally, to the story. On his first outing my Sim bumped into Blair Wainwright. I remembered that she was the bride in my very first TS3 game, so my Sim went after her with claws and hooves, so to speak, and though she was going steady with that Cyclone (I'll never learn to spell him correctly) feller at the time, they were soon married; she was a cop who specialized in martial skills and often went to China to beat up the poor inhabitants. The marriage was a great success and they had two sons. The elder, David, a musician, married Nadia Langerak-Crumplebottom — I simply could not resist adding a scion of such an distinguished dynasty to my family tree; she turned out to be „evil“ so, naturally, she is pursuing a career in politics. The younger, Jan, a painter, moved to Bridgeport; on his very first outing to Waylon's Hunt he met the love of his life and they are married by now. (My Sims tend to be rather lucky as far as bumping into people is concerned). They have no kids yet but David and Nadia have a daughter, Gloria, who just became an adult. She is the third generation and my goal is to get to the fifth at least; we'll see.

I apologize for a rather lengthy post. And congratulations to all the people who managed to get through it alive.
Scholar
#3115 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tysika
Your sims are cute! You should post more pics of them

Ahhhhh!! Thank you! I think so too but I know everyone thinks their "babies" are adorable. I'm editing a tiny Aurora Skies themed world right now and if everything turns out well I'll post more actual gameplay. :lovestruc
Mad Poster
#3116 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 4:09 AM
My apocalypse challenge in Sunset Valley2 is into late fall though still the year of 1525 and my settlers are finally almost ready for their first winter though their house is awfully small and they will have to wait for spring to expand it further.They're stll the only family living in the town and it's likely that nobody else is coming for at least a few years as they want to be sure colonial settlers can manage to survive and adapt.
Mad Poster
#3117 Old 6th Jan 2019 at 9:38 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 15th Apr 2019 at 6:18 AM. Reason: Additional information and grammar issues
I'm probably going to get back to my simself gardening and Lee fishing.

It's been about 3 weeks since I pulled up my office chair and sat for a while in front of the HDTV that was willed to me as part of the agreement in our family to keep any personal effects within the family. I also received some jewelry and a couple of book cases.

I wonder about such a stasis where you are only called into action on the whim of a higher being... better not speak that out loud.

Edit:
Well, it became inevitable that "Lee" wanted to marry my sim self and so they married in quiet hush of twilight and they spent their honeymoon consoling each other over an acquaintance I drowned last playtime. Weird.

It was hard to believe, but now they are down to 15 hours remaining to mourn.

I created a Sim based on a Canadian cartoon character: Jude Lizowski. He originated back in 2004 in 6teen, a teen-oriented sitcom about 6 16-year old employees at various shops at The Galleria, (it is fucking ridiculously huge and I don't joke about the trivial details. Has space for 936 shops, an amusement park, an atrium and a movie theater. Makes Mall of America seem like a strip mall.) where they commonly hung out at a lemonade stand.

Thinking about that, that size lot would crash the system mid-load.

Mad Poster
#3118 Old 8th Jan 2019 at 10:10 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 9th Jan 2019 at 10:39 PM.
So...you probably know my rules of "If you haunt me in my dream, you end up in my game."

Erik Estrada ended up in the game. He was seducing my sim self. Lee divorced me and moved out. It was just a Heat of the Moment Kiss and a Dip Kiss from a flirty older gentleman that drove a wedge between me and Lee. Erik left me to sleep in the guest room until I feel safe around him. (I just go by the programming and not force my simself to get in bed with a Sim who charmed her and cost her a marriage with an animation director)

They've finally stopped mourning an acquaintance. Is there a mod that prevents mourning acquaintances or complete strangers or enemies? If there is, I should at least register a WCIF thread for one. They're whiniest over little things.

1/9/2019
Evidently, Erik has allergies during the warm months. Sent him to the hospital to get his allergy shot. My simself went out dressed in a Sailor Moon styled uniform in a Gem, Metal and Rock collection mission at night.

Most of the time, it was just space rocks and Iron but Erik brought back a Bloodstone which was cut into an Emerald cut during his first excursion.

They eventually slept in the double bed, with Erik as the big spoon. It was just peaceful to see the two of them get along after my simself was divorced from Lee. He's kind of sexy, but it's that refined type where he's the type of gentleman who asks first before going forward, but if he senses you in need of love, he'll be direct, which is what led to Lee divorcing my simself and my simself was pretty much a willing victim of that "love at first sight" programming that pops up saying "I'd like to get to know you better". That was the sort of personality I shaped for him.

Scholar
#3119 Old 12th Jan 2019 at 9:34 PM Last edited by pretenshus : 12th Jan 2019 at 9:45 PM.
I cleaned out my game and caw this week and finally made a "more complete" world? I used to use the same png pic for all my world edits because I forgot how to make it at one point and since I had like 60 edited worlds with weird names AND THE SAME PNG. It was hell. So for the first time I have finished an edit of a world for the most part and it actually has a png taken from the world rather than random text on a white background that says "my edit".

This is Cottonwood Village on the same map I always use (it is my favorite if you haven't noticed by now ).
All wood, MV lighting (also my favorite), and now the lots have more than one poorly made box building sitting on them lol.
I actually stopped using irl pics as references and starting using something more my speed, MINI MODELS. Like doll house toys and crafts and that worked so much better.
Also yes, I took pics at twilight - u - so they are dark.

P.S.
I was listening to the Okami soundtrack >This song Kusa Village (2:45 is when the fun part starts)< and looking at this blog (the japanese samurai and edo models mostly)>http://jimbibblyblog.blogspot.com/< I didn't feel like having a distinctive culture this time around so its based on the japanese mini models but with my own nature-loving, brown and green flair.
Mad Poster
#3120 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 12:55 AM
My simself is very much in love with Erik. She recently jumped into his arms. I commanded Erik to go streaking, but he hesitated as if to say "Not in front of Dumpling." (Dumpling is our new tuxedo kitten)

I went Gem, Rock and Metal collecting (again, dressed in the Sailor Guardian outfit) and "they" never did fix the unreachable items.

Site Helper
#3121 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 4:46 AM
Given the way that a Klepto sim almost invariably chooses the nearby lights as the item to swipe, swapping out the lights in the garage for invisible ones might actually warrant a crying spell. It was the final straw in a really bad day.

Edit: A harvester can sometimes collect the gems that spawn in unreachable spots.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Lab Assistant
#3122 Old 14th Jan 2019 at 10:45 PM
Generation 10 is in, and I'm happy to report the chain of bad fathers has been broken. It's refreshing to see both parents actually care about their kids. Drives me bonkers, too, because the dad will drop everything to pick up his kid. He can't stand art, so I usually punish him for messing with me by having him view the various paintings around the house. He's also not as career-driven as his predecessors, so he's currently unemployed. I was fully expecting to be bored of them at this point - doesn't seem to be happening

omnis mundi creatura
Mad Poster
#3123 Old 16th Jan 2019 at 12:54 AM
Mostly watching Erik and Kymchee sleep in bed. Sometimes they spoon and he's the big spoon, sometimes it's face to face. But it eventually gains the same appeal as Andy Warhol's 8 hour film of a sleeping man: only someone that dedicated to the subject matter would enjoy it.

Lately it's autumn, it's raining like crazy and Erik is out catching rats for the rodent habitat, and I found 4 raw pieces of gold. But by the time I finished for the day in-game, I was dripping wet and decided to join Erik in bed and quit for now.

Inventor
#3124 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 5:59 PM
An update

I'll try to be as short as possible.

After Gloria became an adult she immediately left for China, to follow in her grandma's steps; she trained a lot but brought back very few antiques (one, to be exact). What she did bring back was a lovely Chinese girl, Sun Young. Since I try to play as realistically as possible, lesbian couples can't have children, so David and Nadia had to go back to work. They made a son, Thomas, and everything was fine until Gloria and Sun Young started rolling wishes to have a child with each other. I resisted as long as I could but finally I capitulated and sent realism to hell; they had a daughter, Chae, who is by now in high school.
In the meantime, Nadia finally became the leader of the free world. Being an evil Sim, her next project is to out-trump Trump; she started by having a wall built around the house. Thomas became an adult and was immediately dispatched to France with a direct order to find a French bride. He bumped into Brave Margot at the winery: she was going steady at the time but he went after her with claws, etc. - quite a chore this time because she is „unflirty“ and they had to become best friends before any romantic action became available. That took him a Sim day and a half and me some RL hours but he did succeed at the end.

Thomas and Brave Margot, getting married as soon as possible. Try to guess who the guy behind the counter is.

…............................
Gamewise, this is a rather silly story. I try to have Brave Margot in all my games. My original Sim went to France but did not meet her at all; David met her but he was already married and anyway, I presumed she was too old by then. When Thomas met her she told him that she was 82 days older than he (that seemed about right); this time, however, I took a look at her with MasterController and found out that she was still registered as a young adult and had no kids (most French women had at least one). After they got married she suddenly became just 3 days older, without any intervention by me.

?????????
…..........................

Anyway, David and Nadia are elders by now. He is a rock star but rarely gives concerts anymore; his fans are still sending him gifts, though. Gloria perfected her athletic and martial arts skills and therefore realized her lifetime wish but she is still unemployed and likely to remain so. Sun Young became a successful writer (she rolled the wish on her own), Thomas is a sculptor and Brave Margot started a career in science (again, her original wish). Chae is playing the guitar all the time, often jamming with her grandfather, and she will probably move to Starlight Shores to become a singer. (Yes, I know, but for some obscure reason that only Jung could explain I really like that career.)

As for my Bridgeport Sims, there is not much to tell. They soon got tired of the small flat and moved to the cabin under the bridge — I've been warned that it is rather noisy, and so it is. The Sims did not seem to mind but I did, so they moved to an empty lot up on the hill and built a house there; it's getting better and better but it's still not finished. Jan is a successful painter, Matilda just completed her music career (movie composer branch) and Estelle, their daughter, grew up and decided to become a news anchor. They are an ideal, loving family and, to be frank, quite boring sometimes. Also, I discovered I don't like Bridgeport all that much — it's much buggier than Sunset Valley (a lot of lost and missing Sims every night, unsolvable problems with invisible objects after moving) and the weather is awful. Clubs, etc., are nice, especially Waylon's Haunt, but that's about all I like.

So here it is. Not very short, I am afraid. Maybe next time ...
Mad Poster
#3125 Old 17th Jan 2019 at 6:34 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 17th Jan 2019 at 7:06 PM.
Recently gave "Erik" and "Kymchee" rainbow striped underwear.

Funny as it seems, the story goes "Kymchee" went shopping and bought the underwear on sale. "Erik" seem hesitant, but he changes into them and it's not like the guys at the police station are going to strip search him. "Kymchee" is still working on her gem, metal and rock search and she rides a bicycle with a peppermint paint job (That was from the Katy Perry Sweet Treats pack. It may seem weird, but it's great if you are building a fairy tale world and you're the near-sighted Candy Witch and you want to lure children in...too devious.). "Kymchee" stores her findings in special cabinets. "Erik" usually tries looking for hedgehogs for "Kymchee", who wants one as a pet. "Kymchee" is looking into making things for the consignment shop and selling the garden produce once we reach a decent condition closer to Perfect.

Veteran Tip: I tend to do with a number of celebrity Sims who defied age by usually make them Adult Sims with age detail. It wasn't until TS4 that they fixed this issue of awful faces that stick in Elder by allowing you to not have a stereotypical old, "ugly" face.

Page 125 of 162