Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Site Helper
#26 Old 16th Apr 2014 at 10:16 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 16th Apr 2014 at 10:54 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
As for Lot Terrain Geometry files (LOTG) and Lot Texture (LTTX), There's no wiki page for them both.

LOTG and LTTX may be in the wiki under different names. I think that LOTG may be called 2ARYwiki and LTTX is 0x4B58975Bwiki. You can check the resource number to ensure that you've got the right record. I'm reasonably sure that the first 00-0x3F in the LTTX are the standard filename field.

(Why is EA making such awful mistakes and decide not to fix them?)
Which awful mistakes are we discussing?

I'm just wondering, can those records (which are unknown) be deleted from the instance?
If you delete entire records from a package, it will probably stop working in the game; the game needs many of those records. If you remove individual fields from a record, then the game will not know that the field is missing and it will just read whatever is left in the record and try to work with that, causing crashing and major problems. If we know that a field is supposed to contain a sim reference, then setting the sim reference to 0 is probably a good solution.

Anyway, I'm rubbish when it comes to codes and modding.
Yes, it's definitely a specialized skill. Some people are pretty good at it. I'm not, although I've managed to do some.

One other thing that I should mention: the wiki can be wrong. It's definitely a good idea to ensure that the data that you see in your packages actually matches the data that's described... specifically that the records haven't had new versions or additional fields added. However, it really does look like those specific records are pretty well understood.
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#27 Old 17th Apr 2014 at 9:15 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 19th Apr 2014 at 10:45 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
LOTG and LTTX may be in the wiki under different names. I think that LOTG may be called 2ARYwiki and LTTX is 0x4B58975Bwiki. You can check the resource number to ensure that you've got the right record. I'm reasonably sure that the first 00-0x3F in the LTTX are the standard filename field.

I got the right record but the wiki has some unknown fields for LOTG.
Perhaps, there are sim references in those.
For LTTX, there is only one unknown field but you said that those are the standard filename field (first 00-0x3F) so probably there aren't any sim references.

I meant those sim references... I wish there would be a button for deleting sim references from one lot or a cheat for that.

If you delete entire records from a package, it will probably stop working in the game; the game needs many of those records. If you remove individual fields from a record, then the game will not know that the field is missing and it will just read whatever is left in the record and try to work with that, causing crashing and major problems. If we know that a field is supposed to contain a sim reference, then setting the sim reference to 0 is probably a good solution.

EDIT: I'm just wondering.
Are you also going to write a program for removing sim references?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Site Helper
#28 Old 27th Apr 2014 at 6:35 PM
(Why is EA making such awful mistakes and decide not to fix them?)
I meant those sim references... I wish there would be a button for deleting sim references from one lot or a cheat for that.
You seem to be forgetting that EA completely deals with this problem by deleting all of the furnishing on the lot when you move a family out, thus removing all references to sims. The problem that you're experiencing is caused by a mod that you've downloaded which does not adequately clean up the furnishings; this problem was NOT caused by EA.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 28th Apr 2014 at 11:53 AM
I don't have any mods which prevent the game of removing furnitures...
Windows, doors etc. can carry sim references... And even if you don't have a mod installed, the game don't remove the doors, windows or other build objects.

Anyway, by replacing every door/window/gate and other certain build objects could solve it.
I twice asked EA about the sim references.

And I've got an answer.
They said that they don't know where they are all.
And they also mentioned that they aren't going to look into it.

They are now focusing for Sims 4 and even Sims 3 is getting obsolete.
They released the last EP for Sims 3 and they decided to don't work around Sims 3 anymore but this is a bit off-topic.

I apologize for that.

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Site Helper
#30 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 12:32 AM
OK, my misunderstanding. However, do you actually have any proof that this causes any problems at all? If so, you should probably document what you know, since I don't know of any hard-and-fast evidence that this is an actual issue.
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 29th Apr 2014 at 4:09 PM
OK, my misunderstanding.

It's OK. I was a bit in bad mood. I'm sorry if I sounded a bit rude.

However, do you actually have any proof that this causes any problems at all? If so, you should probably document what you know, since I don't know of any hard-and-fast evidence that this is an actual issue.

I'm not sure.
I didn't test it thoroughly...

I once moved a previously occupied lot without furniture (without build and buy objects) into the bin and placed it into an empty neighbourhood.
After checking the 'hood with your HoodChecker, I got a report of a sim who doesn't exist.

I could upload that neighbourhood. I still have it...

Perhaps, the mailbox or the trashcan caused the non-existing sims.

However, I have to test it again.
I think before moving the lot into the bin, the trashcan and the mailbox should be replaced with new ones but I don't think that those objects are sellable.

My Simblr
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 2:53 AM
How do you actually use the terrain paints tool? Is there a tute for that?

What is a beginner to do? My Website My TOT My Forum My website
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 12th Jul 2014 at 1:51 PM
I have a question.
Are there any sim references if I restore the graveyard lot using this method? http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?p=1401134

My Simblr
Trainee Moderator
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Aug 2014 at 4:54 PM
Or will it still carry them?

My Simblr
Site Helper
#35 Old 29th Aug 2014 at 3:54 AM
I imagine that the graveyard lot will contain sim references.
Page 2 of 2