Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:48 PM Last edited by Delphy : 9th Jan 2011 at 1:56 PM.
Default Downloads now available to guests, and return of 'My Downloads'
Hi All,

Today I have re-enabled the ability for Guests to download files, as well as re-introducing a feature long time members here will recognise - My Downloads. Accessible from the User Links dropdown (next to your name in the top right), this page lists everything you have downloaded from the site, and shows if those items have been updated, in addition to whether or not you have thanked the item in question.

Feedback and comments are appreciated

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
9 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 12:57 PM
Feedback and comments is are appreciated

(/nitpick)

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Scholar
#3 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:09 PM
That's great! Especially 'My Downloads' list, cause if you were making a project, and suddenly your game breaks, and you lose al your cc, you can come here and see what you have downloaded
Also, it's very nice for guests to be able to download from MTS

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Theorist
#4 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:17 PM
Sounds like more downloads and thanks for all--what's not to love about that? Thank you for all of the improvements to the site lately. The caution-yellow banner on the thanks percentages could be a more friendly color, though. I thought I did something wrong when I first saw it.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:20 PM
oops i made a boo boo---
I click on the link thinking how cool is that!! and then i was reminded that i didnt say thank you to the creators I'M SORRY!!! i feel terrible im gonna be busy for awhile because i want to give feedback as well.
Test Subject
#6 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:40 PM
Ok I'll be the first newb, where is this My Downloads?
The only user tools menu I know of are under the drop down menu next to my login name, User Links - User Tools.

I must be looking in the wrong place as usual. :/
Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 1:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hottuna
Ok I'll be the first newb, where is this My Downloads?
The only user tools menu I know of are under the drop down menu next to my login name, User Links - User Tools.

I must be looking in the wrong place as usual. :/

You're almost right Top right under user links
Helptato
#8 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:15 PM
That's a fantastic idea, no more searching for CC to redownload! Plus more convenience in not having to remember my password to download stuff!

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:16 PM
Missed the "My Downloads" section. This is great!

Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:17 PM
Yay!

I can finally find all those downloads from here I miss!

Thank you <3
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 2:53 PM
thanks! really good for redownloading stuff
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#12 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:31 PM
Wow, I don't even remember downloading some of these things. But it is nice to be able to find them again.

Just curious...is the limit the last 75 threads? Or is that just how many the system has records for my downloads?

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Theorist
#13 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:39 PM
I feel really bad that I've only thanked 4% of my 316 downloads 0.0

Hi I'm Paul!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 4:45 PM
*bops Robodl95 on the head*

I usually only thank a download after I've tested it in game, so the My Downloads feature had been a useful reminder back in the day. Now that you've built that function in, it is an awesome head bop reminder. Thanks, Delphy, for making it easier for me to say thank you.
Scholar
#15 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:14 PM Last edited by suzetter : 9th Jan 2011 at 5:18 PM. Reason: clarity
Fantastic addition! - Helps member keep track of their downloads and reminds them to say thanks if they overlooked someone. Love it! I try to always leave a comment or hit the thank you button when downloading. I may occassionally miss an opportunity to show my appreciation of the modder's creation (like in the midst of a download feeding frenzy 1 or 2 could slip by) so having the download list indicate when that happens is really nice. I'm very consious of thanking people for sharing their work (I think it piggish not to) so when I saw my list I was shocked at how many were marked as not thanked. I know I've left thanks on many of these downloads marked as unthanked and in some instances even left comments --so I'm wondering why they are showing up as not thanked? If you re-downlaod something without thanking again will that indicate the download as not thanked? IF the item is updated but you downloaded the original will that show up as being not thanked? For example -- I left a comment for Whiterider's hat hider --(great mod BTW!) http://www.modthesims.info/download...=0&page=2&pp=25 but since then Whiterider updated the mod. My list is showing this as being not thanked even though I did say thanks.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:19 PM
WOW. I so did not even realize that you could do that. Thank you Delphy! It'll make it SO much more useful to find stuff I downloaded again.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Inventor
#17 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:20 PM
*double bop Robodl95 on the head*

I only missed thanking 5% of my downloads and I promptly took care of that!

There was only one I swear I didn't DL but who knows, I could have.

Now all I need is one of those handy - click on the word and it brings up spelling options - for those times my brain suddenly goes totally blank!

This is sooo much better than searching the site for updates!!!
Theorist
#18 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 5:43 PM
I've always enjoyed whack-a-mole... now I sympathize with the poor mole

I have many thanks to handout!

Hi I'm Paul!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#19 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 6:08 PM
The tracking system only goes back to April 2010.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Helptato
#20 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:18 PM
Went from 97% thanked to 100% thanked

It would be nice if you could thank the download from that page, rather then having to load each thread, though.

Emma!

Simblr
[url=https://peanutbuttersandwich.dreamwidth.org/Dreamwidth[/url]
Scholar
#21 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Delphy
The tracking system only goes back to April 2010.

Oh, okay that explains some of what I'm seeing. But I also got a not thanked on http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=425334&c=1 which was a recent upload that I left a comment on when I downloaded.

Is there a way to delete a download from our list? Helper Monkey is there as unmarked (I'm certain I thanked on the thread). That page no longer exists so I can't rectrify this and it'll drive me nuts.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Field Researcher
#22 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:48 PM
Maybe I'm blind, but under User Links, I see My Favourites in the Download category, but no My Downloads. Is it accessible some other way?

I have greatly missed this feature. Way back when it was available I didn't download much at all, but I've been wishing for its return for several years now. Too bad it only goes back to April, though, since I recently reinstalled Sims 2 and am now trying to track down all my downloads without having to pull out and dig through my backups.

EDIT: Just had a hunch, tested it, and it proved right. The reason I can't see My Downloads is because it's not there in Moddeth Thine Sims. A temporary switchover gets me the link, though, so I can explore to my heart's content. 'Twould be nice if it gets fixed for Moddeth though.

Diving into delerium yet again.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#23 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 7:55 PM
tlynnjpeg - It's "My Downloaded Items" and is the very first thing directly below "User Links" when you click on it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:09 PM Last edited by tlynnjpeg : 9th Jan 2011 at 8:12 PM. Reason: fixing pictures
Yes, I found it when I switched the style I was using. But it's not there when I'm using Moddeth Thine Sims.

Diving into delerium yet again.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#25 Old 9th Jan 2011 at 8:47 PM
Great and great! I've missed My Downloads, so I'm very happy that it's back - and that I can see if the downloads have been updated/thanked to boot!
Page 1 of 3