Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#9576 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 10:40 PM
Noticed one of the pavement terrain paints form the BG is glitched and is unable to make use of the square shaped brush. Not really interesting, rather annoying honestly.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#9577 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 1:57 AM Last edited by sbugg : 16th Nov 2015 at 3:25 AM.
First, the Almanac of Time is a sponge, apparently:

So is the screwdriver that Sims use on Plumbots, by the way.

Secondly, Sims with too low of an Advanced Technology skill will order the oil meant for Plumbots ("88w55 Classic") by mistake.

-sbugg
(If you're curious on how to pronounce my screen name, I pronounce it "ess-bug".)
Obsessed with the lives of virtual people who run to scream at fires since 2012.
Banned
#9578 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 7:56 AM
Sims take the subway when it is more convinient not to.
Really annoying if you downloaded the subway money mod.
Alchemist
#9579 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
You can earn money for cleaning/repairing/improving things at other lots than your own house, both public and other houses and both hometown and holiday towns from W.

I think it's caused by a mod. NRaas Career maybe?

Just call me Nikel
Theorist
#9580 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nikel23
I think it's caused by a mod. NRaas Career maybe?

I have that mod, but didn't know it caused also that?

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Site Helper
#9581 Old 25th Oct 2015 at 9:43 PM
There was a toadified paparazzi who got zombified by the full moon while complaining he was starving. So my sim hit him with a moodlet manager in the hope of not having a starving zombie toad ghost raiding the fridge at all hours. Not only did it deal with the hunger issue, it also got rid of the zombie toad issue.

It's also kind of funny to socialize with a paparazzi long enough to make the paparazzi a celebrity who gets his own pesky paparazzi followers, so you have a guy taking pictures of a guy taking pictures of a fairy booby-trapping the mailbox.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Theorist
#9582 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 12:17 PM
I fucking hate those paparazzi. I know what their job is. But literally standing in your front yard in front of your front door like a normal visitor, even when they're deadly tired or hungry or almost freezing to death, all freaking day? It's that the doors are closed, otherwise they would have gone sleeping in my bed, used my shower or eaten from my fridge, looking at their complaints ''I can't move, because the way is blocked'' in front of my garage. Very realistic. Luckily we've the moveobjects cheat.

Instructor
#9583 Old 27th Oct 2015 at 10:39 PM
I fucking hate those paparazzi. I know what their job is. But literally standing in your front yard in front of your front door like a normal visitor, even when they're deadly tired or hungry or almost freezing to death, all freaking day? It's that the doors are closed, otherwise they would have gone sleeping in my bed, used my shower or eaten from my fridge, looking at their complaints ''I can't move, because the way is blocked'' in front of my garage. Very realistic. Luckily we've the moveobjects cheat.

Or the "resetsim" cheat. I recommend to use that one to send stuck paparazzi home (or any other stuck sims in your 'hood).

But to stay ontopic, I just recently discovered that spiral staircases have an option of "Slide down" for teens. Perhaps for children too, I have no pre-teen kids at the moment.
Top Secret Researcher
#9584 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 1:55 AM
It's from TS2 era, when kids and teens could slide down any stairs autonomously (they still can). They decided to bring that little detail back with generations update.
Theorist
#9585 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 5:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Floraflora2
Or the "resetsim" cheat. I recommend to use that one to send stuck paparazzi home (or any other stuck sims in your 'hood).

I've found out why my paparazzi won't take photo's from my interior: my front door and garage doors have no windows and the rest of the front yard is inaccessible, due to bushes and all 7 bikes (one per family member). For going sideways they're lucklily to stupid.

Lab Assistant
#9586 Old 28th Oct 2015 at 7:15 PM
Today I found out that the Into The Future mannequins are the creepiest things on the planet and I almost died of fright when they do that glitchy bind/scarecrow pose
Theorist
#9587 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 4:39 AM
Changing clothes influences the hygiene bar.

Theorist
#9588 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 8:46 PM

Yeah hate them as well. I've always put a fence around my lot and lock the gate. If I expect friends to drop in, I unlock the gate. If some unfortunate paparazzo just happens to come along when the gate is unlocked, I do move them outside the game and lock it until they decide to leave. It's not a perfect solution but I'm evil and have fun torturing paps in my game

Life is short, insecurity is a waste of time. ~Diane Von Furstenburg
You don't get out of life alive. ~Jimmy the Hand

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#9589 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:05 PM
That some careers hurt people. Like, you know how if you play a doctor, people start getting hurt around you? Yeah, it only happens if you have a doctor on that lot. Effectively I'm THE PLAGUEBEARER there :p

It's even worse if you play a stylist. Then the game starts sending other sims on that lot, and if there's more than one styling podium there, they go and get makeovers from the NPC stylists. As Thor (and the other Avengers) is my witless, it's like half the town is now populated by long lost relatives of Jon Arbuckle of Garfield fame :p

Just now some poor woman got put in a blue blouse, a skirt that's a patterned mix of red, yellow and another hue of blue, light blue and green stockings, and orange shoes. And some hideous pink glasses too. It was probably tactless of me, but as she was stepping down from the styling podium in that outfit, I'm like "Aiiiie! Kill it! Kill it with fire, before it lays eggs!" :p

I think I'll nuke the stylist salon from orbit. It's the only way to be sure. :p
Scholar
#9590 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 2:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lisfyre
Yeah hate them as well. I've always put a fence around my lot and lock the gate. If I expect friends to drop in, I unlock the gate. If some unfortunate paparazzo just happens to come along when the gate is unlocked, I do move them outside the game and lock it until they decide to leave. It's not a perfect solution but I'm evil and have fun torturing paps in my game

It's even worse abroad. You can't lock the gate on the Al Simhara base camp, plus those dudes follow you even in tombs and such.

And it's even worse in China, as they can actually break a quest. You have to win a ranked sparring contest, and far as I can tell, if the next contestant is a paparazzo, you can't have a ranked match with them. You can invite them over, but then don't have that interaction. To add insult to injury, it happens even if I'm NOT a celebrity at all, so why in Loki's name is the game STILL finding a way to annoy me with those guys?

Plus, in my case, I wouldn't even say that gates would help much, since my sim is always clubbing and whatnot.

If anyone asks me, NRaas Register is your friend, citizen. Disable the paparazzi entirely, and that's the end of that annoyance.
Alchemist
#9591 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 9:11 PM
@Moraelin I'm curious if the paparazzi can get caught in traps, any idea? I nuked them about 2 days after getting Late Night, so IDK.

If you have a Witch Sim with a high Magic skill, another way of resurrecting Sims is to get their gravestone, wait for the ghost to pop out of it, then hit it with a Zombification curse. You'll have a zombified ghost - don't worry, it's supposed to be like this! Now get your Witch to cast a Sunlight Charm on them, and voilà! you now have a normal Sim, which you can chat up and move into your household like any other Sim.
I actually tried this on a Sim a while ago and was baffled that it worked!

Of course, this means you need a Witch with a high Magic skill, but it sometimes beats having to max cooking and up gardening and fishing up to 7 (?) to make Ambrosia Or you can forego having a Witch and opt for an alchemist instead, since you have the equivalents of the spells in potion form too (Potent Zombification and Potent Cure Elixir, IIRC; the latter may even bring ghosts back to life without needing to turn them into zombies first - I don't know, I haven't checked).

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Scholar
#9592 Old 1st Nov 2015 at 10:49 PM Last edited by Moraelin : 1st Nov 2015 at 11:03 PM.
I was planning to try the Sunlight Charm next, but it was about 6:30AM so then my sim decided to go to class and the moment I leave the lot, she went back home. Being a homeless service NPC, and me having no LN-style apartments in the uni world, yeah, she went to some place in Limbo basically.

Ah well... can't win 'em all...

As for the paparazzi... hmm... not sure. I tend to at least inspect any floor tile that can be inspected, so the traps are detected. I haven't tried zeneporting past a funny floor tile and seeing what happens. Personally I still say, just disable them.

Plus lately I disable the celebrity system for the active household anyway. As I was saying, I do play a sorta Toreador kinda alcoholic vampire. You know, hitting all the dance floors and bars and lounges in town and whatnot, and partying with the kine until the barstards kick me out. As if it being 5AM was really a reason to kick me out. Barstards. What am I gonna do until the exams start at 8 AM? Anyway, then being a celebrity is a right pain in the rear even without paparazzi. People keep interrupting me to ask for autographs and photos and whatnot. And I have a medical condition, you know? It's called getting sober. Can't get interrupted all the time when I'm taking my medicine
Theorist
#9593 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 1:18 AM
Than never take the medical career, because you can't go to public lots without interrupted by any random sick person. Although I've absolutely no idea what they're doing on the backyard of a junk yard somewhere out of town.

Is it just my Sims with their flirty traits or is online dating really annoying? My Sims are married for a couple of years, thus I delete their automatically generated(?) profile on a dating site, to see it back online the next day.. Is there any mod/way out there that keeps people preventing to ask my Sims out on a date, while mine and/or they are in a relationship. I can understand that people have a thing for a person based on their looks/personality, but asking them out while at least one of them is committed/married? Even the townie boyfriend of one of my daughters already asked her three sisters out, all multiple times. Even Sims I can't remember ever to have met... Besides 80% of the phone calls are by one of these Sims for dating.

Alchemist
#9594 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 7:34 AM
@Moraelin If they behave like regular Sims, I'm expecting them to complain about unroutable parts - even though there's nothing there, they're somehow psychic enough to "know" there's a trap in the way. Kinda like how the whole town finds out you're woohooing with a(nother) celebrity in the privacy of your gated home, even before you're finished.

Is there any mod/way out there that keeps people preventing to ask my Sims out on a date, while mine and/or they are in a relationship.

There's this mod by Shimrod101, but I'm not sure if it nukes online requests as well (TBH, I don't even know what they look like). I'm at patch 1.63 but the 1.42 version works just fine; you may get a stray letter here and there when you return from a vacation, but I suspect that's normal. Btw, the mod nukes all calls, letters, and gifts, not just for Sims in a relationship. You'll still get the regular GEN calls with invitations to prom, though those tend to be rare (1-2 per Sim)

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Theorist
#9595 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
There's this mod by Shimrod101, but I'm not sure if it nukes online requests as well (TBH, I don't even know what they look like). I'm at patch 1.63 but the 1.42 version works just fine; you may get a stray letter here and there when you return from a vacation, but I suspect that's normal. Btw, the mod nukes all calls, letters, and gifts, not just for Sims in a relationship. You'll still get the regular GEN calls with invitations to prom, though those tend to be rare (1-2 per Sim)

I've never noticed any online requests, I just found out by accident that this online dating exists at all. Which is dumb with married people and still after deleting these things. Yes, prom calls are rare. I've had 3 or 4 proms with my 5 children, of whom two had a BF/GF from the beginning, and I only had one prom invitation: my only son from his GF,

Scholar
#9596 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 10:00 PM
Than never take the medical career, because you can't go to public lots without interrupted by any random sick person. Although I've absolutely no idea what they're doing on the backyard of a junk yard somewhere out of town.

Oh, very much so. Working at a hospital sounded like a great way to have a snack on the job as a vampire, but, as you say, then I couldn't go almost anywhere without people getting hurt. Train at my dojo? Some dude gets his ribs kicked in. (I actually saw them spar before one of them needed medical attention, which was kinda cool, actually.) Dance the night away at my futuristic poolside club? Someone chokes on their Martini. Sip my *ahem* medicine at the new posh vampire lounge and wine shop? Someone gets injured there too, and I swear I didn't bite them, dammit.

It's not just inconvenient, but the realization kicked in that I'm basically patient zero there, spreading the disease wherever I go. I wasn't helping people as a doctor, I was getting them injured.

Well, I guess going to work drunk out of my mind as a surgeon didn't help either. I mean, Super Juiced, Sugar Rush, and with a Polen Punch chaser to get the whole set. But, hey, it was actually helping with job performance. I guess you need steady hands if you're to perform surgery, so, *hick* I'll drink until they stop shaking :p
Lab Assistant
#9597 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 3:14 AM
I learned that you can give a recent high school graduate a graduation gift.

"We're cookies and cream. Not double stuffed."
My sims blog
my simblr
Instructor
#9598 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 3:06 PM
I discovered that the Grim Reaper is a jerk who doesn't believe in free speech. If you have your sim "Rant about death" he will show up and just kill them outright. I tried this with three different sims and it happened every time, what a jerk.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
#9599 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015
I discovered that the Grim Reaper is a jerk who doesn't believe in free speech. If you have your sim "Rant about death" he will show up and just kill them outright. I tried this with three different sims and it happened every time, what a jerk.

Whoa! I'm always looking for a way to kill sims. I've never seen the "rant about death" action. Please say more about this. :D
Alchemist
#9600 Old 3rd Nov 2015 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EvilMcNastySim2015

Not always. I had a Sim "Rant about Death" and, sure enough, Grim came the first time! But he let her go, quoting "I don't like what you're saying about me" or something to that effect. I had to get her to "Rant" several more times for Grim to finally take her, lol. I guess it depends on what kind of mood he's in.

Page 384 of 490