Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 12:58 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Is this normal re: leave teens alone in Generations?
Every time my adults "win a free trip" and disappear for two days, all of their wishes vanish! And all of their Opportunities hang around but no longer register. If they have an Opportunity to do something and get interrupted by the trip, it says "go home to finish this" or something to that effect and there's no trigger to actually do anything.

Is this SUPPOSED to happen? If not, what can I do to fix it? If so, who thought this was a good idea?
Advertisement
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:19 AM
Wait, how do I "use" that function? It just shows up randomly for me.
Scholar
#4 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:35 AM
Right: it shows up randomly & then you get to accept or decline. Nitromon's saying to decline it, because bad things happen with it so frequently.
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 4:54 AM
No, there isn't an option for that. It just tells me it's happening and then it happens.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:02 AM
You should be getting the choice in the very beginning. "Congratulations, the adults in your household have won a free vacation! Do you accept (Yes/No)?" or something like that. I've never heard of the scenario being forced on a player with no choices given.

I think we've found something most all members of this site can agree upon (not that we are usually all that disagreeable a bunch to begin with). The Generations Adult Vacation scenario is hopelessly broken, has the potential to ruin sims and games far too easily, and is best to be declined whenever the offer comes up. Or at least have a pre-Vacation spare save standing by so one can revert play when this does happen. From what I understand, the benefits of playing through one of those are far too weak or non-existent to even bother taking the risk.
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 5:48 AM Last edited by BlackjackGabbiani : 11th Apr 2017 at 6:33 AM.
That's...really weird, because as I said I've never gotten the ability to decline it. Or to accept it, for that matter, since it's just basically "you're gonna take a vacation and you're gonna like it".

EDIT ok I think I figured it out. The reject button is REALLY small. Smaller than usual on choice options.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 11th Apr 2017 at 6:31 PM
Claudiasharon has a mod which stops the Free Vacation offers. I must have installed it prior to her moving links to her Tumblr page and I don't have an account there. If you do have Tumblr and want the mod: Here Is The Link
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Apr 2017 at 8:17 PM
I never let them go on vacation if they're close to aging up. Say they're 1 day from becoming an adult. They come back, they're supposed to be adults by the time they come back...then they wind up aging up to elder because they missed their birthday somehow.

I've never had a problem with that myself, I just have to watch the timing. 3 days to adult or less, they ain't going.

Who is Q? qanon.pub