Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
View Poll Results: Is this house ready for MTS?
YES! Everything is good
0 0%
Uhm... dunno
1 20.00%
No. Just no.
0 0%
Yes, but some changes needed.
4 80.00%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2015 at 9:17 AM Last edited by funkydude63 : 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:27 AM. Reason: More pictures uploaded. More info on my pc.
ZenHome Mini. 10x10 house

picture share
free image hosting
imgurl
hosting image
image hosting 15mb
Hello, everyone!
Just in case you dont know me I'm the guy who gave an idea of a toilet house. LOL.
But anyway, I have created a new mini house for base game staters. Purely all base ingame content, No CC unless the car is counted.
Lot size is 10x10.

In case anyone wonders why would I build this common normal house, Majority of tiny houses in MTS just does not have what its supposed to have. A good example is a series of Tiny Homes by Moocow1117 have no car porch. The only tiny house with size under 20x20 and has car porch is the house "TINY". But some people will find the house look 'not very attractive'. Some people want the house to have a futuristic design.That is what the ZenHome Mini offers.

So guys, is the house ready to be uploaded? If not, why not give some suggestions to improve it.

Remember to answer the post.

22/2/2015 - For those who are wandering whether I can change my visual settings for better quality pictures I'm can't as the game is at minimum requirements. For a 1280x768 resolution with low settings it still suffer from lags. Sorry for any inconvenience caused. Hope you understand. Thank you.
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Feb 2015 at 5:02 AM
I like the concept and it's execution. The one thing it needs is better quality in-game pics so that things have texture - Is it possible to alter your settings in Options?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 22nd Feb 2015 at 5:33 AM Last edited by funkydude63 : 22nd Feb 2015 at 1:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by fairycake89
I like the concept and it's execution. The one thing it needs is better quality in-game pics so that things have texture - Is it possible to alter your settings in Options?

Dear fairycake89, since my pc crash at high settings, it will be impossible to take screenshots at high quality.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Feb 2015 at 9:38 PM
did you use the tab key when taking the photos, if not this may help when taking photos in the future.
http://sims3box.livejournal.com/12635.html
Pretty Space Pony
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 8:09 AM
I agree about the pictures, but if this is the best your computer can handle, feel assured that the lot won't be rejected for that. The tutorial coolsim22 linked to is very helpful for getting a good angle on your screenshots. Your screenshots have a slight "fisheye" effect. Try zooming in more on the floorplanshots, we just need the structure, not all the landscaping around it.

As for the building, I think I would prefer to have windows at the back/side or more evenly spread around the house. Right now, it feels a little as if the sims are sitting in a shop window. I would also recommend to CAST the bit of roof on the left in stone rather than concrete so that it matches the left side of the house.
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#6 Old 24th Feb 2015 at 5:00 PM
I like the architectural style of this house a lot. I would keep the very modern feel inside too and perhaps use a more modern counter in the kitchen - that one just screams cottage style to me

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 6:30 AM
What I don't really dig is the bathroom downstairs. Mainy because the sims take forever to go downstairs and then go back up to do whatever you send them to do. Other than that I really like the design.
Scholar
#8 Old 28th Feb 2015 at 1:26 PM
I really like the shape and balance of your home. I agree that it needs windows and more modern kitchen counters.

The only thing I could think to add is that you might also wish to CASt the all the ceilings of the house,
and CASt the exposed side of the outside bottom floor.
Screenshots