Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Nov 2013 at 8:47 PM
Default Building Secret Vacation Lots???
Hi everyone,

I'm creating a vacation neighborhood right now because the ones from Maxis are getting boring...
I created some hotels, vacation homes and even camping grounds.

I'm almost done but I need to create secret vacation lots...
I found a tutorial on TheSims2 but I can't see it since January 2013...

And I never did it and I don't know how to do it...
Is there a tutorial for it?

P.S.
I'm creating a mountain vacation neighborhood, like Three Lakes...

Kind Regards,
Jawusa :-)

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 5th Nov 2013 at 1:49 AM
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:30 PM

I firstly started with a residential lot and created my secret lot.

I saved it and changed it (changelotzoning secretvacationlot)
I left the world and entered the vacation neighborhood. The lot wasn't hidden. So I placed it somewhere different. But it didn't work.
I moved the secret lot into the bin but then, I couldn't find it anymore (in the bin)
It disappeared strangely.

Later, I delete the neighborhood and added the maxis ones.

P.S. What did I wrong? Should I hide it with SimPe? Instead of move it to the bin...
And if I must do it with SimPe... How can I do that?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Nov 2013 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
The lot wasn't hidden. So I placed it somewhere different. But it didn't work.
What do you mean "it didn't work"? The lot wouldn't place? The lot remained visible? Something else?

What did I wrong? Should I hide it with SimPe? Instead of move it to the bin... And if I must do it with SimPe... How can I do that?
You can set the hidden bit in the U0 field of the Lot Description:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...pic,9750.0.html

Note that SimPE has a bug where your Lot Description may become corrupted when you change the U0 field, if your lot is not flat. I believe that this corruption shouldn't affect anything unless you try to move your uneven lot in the neighborhood view. However, if you move the lot, then your lot may leave a large blue hole in your neighborhood.

Alternatively, the LotAdjuster (see my profile) has an advanced option to hide a lot.
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 5:41 PM
I firstly started with a residential lot and created my secret lot.

I moved the secret lot into the bin but then, I couldn't find it anymore (in the bin)
It disappeared strangely.

Later, I delete the neighborhood and added the maxis ones.

P.S. What did I wrong? Should I hide it with SimPe? Instead of move it to the bin...
And if I must do it with SimPe... How can I do that?

I don't remember which EP broke the old way of placing hidden lots: putting them in the bin, and then back where you want them. Now they disappear from the bin and will only be visible if you browse the lots bin while in a uni sub-hood. I guess the game considers them to be Secret Societies!
Instead, use Mootilda's method above (SimPE), I've used it many times for vacation hidden lots, and for secret societies as well, it works perfectly and it's very easy. I build with flat edges so I don't know about the bug Mootilda mentioned.