Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2016 at 3:20 PM
Default renumbering verts for morphs
I'm constantly getting the faces do not match index message when trying to renumber verts even though both meshes are identical(I even copied it from base), any way to avoid these errors?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 10th Jun 2016 at 3:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mepwn12
I'm constantly getting the faces do not match index message when trying to renumber verts even though both meshes are identical(I even copied it from base), any way to avoid these errors?

if you import the mesh from blender to Milkshape, you probably have a 'group_base' right now. At least, that's what it should be called. Then make sure you apply 'align normals'. This usually fixes a lot when it comes to these errors. A lot of TSRW's errors just doesn't make sense to what the actual issue is. Just make sure you first use 'model cleaner' THEN use Align normals and fix the neck seams. ^-^
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
if you import the mesh from blender to Milkshape, you probably have a 'group_base' right now. At least, that's what it should be called. Then make sure you apply 'align normals'. This usually fixes a lot when it comes to these errors. A lot of TSRW's errors just doesn't make sense to what the actual issue is. Just make sure you first use 'model cleaner' THEN use Align normals and fix the neck seams. ^-^

It's just called 'default' for me, could you give me your export settings? I've also figured out why the error happened, I tried renumbering with the guide meshes still in the scene.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 1:17 PM
It's just called 'default' for me, could you give me your export settings? I've also figured out why the error happened, I tried renumbering with the guide meshes still in the scene.

Actually I guess that's where the issue lays. TSRW won't read 'default'. This is because TSRW needs the 'group_base' for knowing what the morphs are. So it's really different to work with TSRW's morphs instead CTU's morph setting.

So this is basically TSRW's morph setting:

group_base
group_fat
group_fit
group_thin
group_special (optional since this is a pregnant sim morph)

So these morphs are automatically added if you use Meshtoolkit. If you would even try to use your WSO file with just 'default' instead of 'group_base' Meshtoolkit won't even have any idea what to even 'morph' and add bones too.

But since you asked how to do the export setting. You can export your mesh as a obj. and if the plugin works for you, as WSO already. Make sure (which it is already set as default with Blender's 2.7+ versions) That you have these settings:

(these images are from Simlicious's tutorial which can be found here: http://simlicious.tumblr.com/post/1...cc-for-the-sims)

Make sure you have these exact settings when exporting your mesh! Then in milkshape, your mesh will probably be called something like 'default' or if you're doing game conversions like I do, something really long. In milkshape, the first thing you want to do is click the 'default' or whatever text there is and move over to the button with the text of your group. Delete the name that's in there and write down 'group_base'. From there you click 'rename' and now your group is called 'group_base' instead of 'default' or something really different. Now if you would export it, TSRW should read it correctly.

Make sure you export it as a WSO! And don't forget to add the bones and morphs through meshtoolkit ^-^ (if you prefer using Meshtoolkit of course)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 11th Jun 2016 at 2:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Actually I guess that's where the issue lays. TSRW won't read 'default'. This is because TSRW needs the 'group_base' for knowing what the morphs are. So it's really different to work with TSRW's morphs instead CTU's morph setting.

So this is basically TSRW's morph setting:

group_base
group_fat
group_fit
group_thin
group_special (optional since this is a pregnant sim morph)

So these morphs are automatically added if you use Meshtoolkit. If you would even try to use your WSO file with just 'default' instead of 'group_base' Meshtoolkit won't even have any idea what to even 'morph' and add bones too.

But since you asked how to do the export setting. You can export your mesh as a obj. and if the plugin works for you, as WSO already. Make sure (which it is already set as default with Blender's 2.7+ versions) That you have these settings:

(these images are from Simlicious's tutorial which can be found here: http://simlicious.tumblr.com/post/1...cc-for-the-sims)

Make sure you have these exact settings when exporting your mesh! Then in milkshape, your mesh will probably be called something like 'default' or if you're doing game conversions like I do, something really long. In milkshape, the first thing you want to do is click the 'default' or whatever text there is and move over to the button with the text of your group. Delete the name that's in there and write down 'group_base'. From there you click 'rename' and now your group is called 'group_base' instead of 'default' or something really different. Now if you would export it, TSRW should read it correctly.

Make sure you export it as a WSO! And don't forget to add the bones and morphs through meshtoolkit ^-^ (if you prefer using Meshtoolkit of course)

I can't believe I forgot about the 'Objects as OBJ Groups' setting, which makes sure that it retains the naming in Blender. That should save me some time renaming stuff in milkshape.
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 12th Jun 2016 at 12:48 PM
I can't believe I forgot about the 'Objects as OBJ Groups' setting, which makes sure that it retains the naming in Blender. That should save me some time renaming stuff in milkshape.

That definitely will! I keep forgetting to set it to that myself since most of the time I only have one group to export, but like with objects it's usually 2-3 groups.