Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 4:31 AM Last edited by labellavienna : 21st Jan 2016 at 5:06 AM.
Default Why does my outfit look great in body shop but is a horrible quality in game?
So I found this link here to fix body shop: http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-Your-Bod...ttings-in-Sims2

But I'm wondering if that only fixes the body shop issue and not the in-game issue. Does any one know how to prevent Maxis from squishing the textures down?

Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 21st Jan 2016 at 8:34 AM
I would like to know this as well. I used to make a lot of clothing on my windows computer, that's about 8-9 years old now. Had no problem then. Now I play on a macbook from 10'-11' and I suddenly have this issue. But only with clothing. Never eyes, skins etc. Tried the fix, but it's still not working properly.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 2:22 AM
Move to Bodyshop forum.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Jan 2016 at 10:56 PM
I always import my textures into the recolour package with SimPE because of the Body Shop compression issue. You could try that. Your files will be a bit bigger, but they'll probably look a lot nicer! (Use the Build DXT... feature to replace the textures with a transparency-enabled PNG file.)