Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:41 AM
Default WCIF Smaller garage door?
For a 'tect proj. of mine. It's a small 10x10 lot that requires a garage door on 4 tiles instead of default 5 tile. Any user here know of where I may find one? It can be Maxis-Matchy or not... I do not care!

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

— Kimberly Irion as Bonnie MacFarlane in Red Dead Redemption (2010)
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 14th Nov 2017 at 10:55 PM
I dont believe theres ever been one made. You can get round it by making a 'fake' garage door. Combo of wall coverings and small windows to look like a garage, but then of course it cant be opened.
Theres also a grage door overlay here, but again, cant be opened http://modthesims.info/d/309078

*Edit, found a narrow garage door, may work, though you'll have to wait until the graveyard is back up and running to get the mesh. http://deadpanspaghetti.tumblr.com/...-to-recolor-for

Rome wasn't built in a day

Need help finding building items, check out my building blog https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 8:27 AM Last edited by DuskTrooper : 16th Nov 2017 at 8:38 AM.
Hmm, the deadpanspaghetti version looks like it could work for other lots, but it's still a 5 tile so it won't work for this specific lot without renovation. I'm in preference of making this garage functional, but simply can't spare room for a 5th tile here. I will definitely give that one a try for other projects when the graveyard rises from the dead.

For now, I guess I will see if PixelHate's overlays will at the least give a better impression of a garage being there then simply putting siding and windows. I wonder if Sandy from AroundTheSims3 would give permission to convert her decor shutter doors to TS2? They're the best meshes I've come across for giving the impression of a faux garage.

The lack of small functional garage doors does entice me to DIY essentially. It's very surprising to me that this hasn't been done before. I wonder if it's because of the car animations involved, or general lack of interest?

Oh Maxis why'd you make the garages and cars so large.

We all have to look for answers somewhere. Some in big ol' books, others in big ol' bottles of whiskey.

Theorist
#4 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:32 PM
Isn't there a mod or some way that you can have a car that just leaves the lot without actually backing out of the garage and driving to the portal? I stopped using cars awhile ago and don't remember much about it now. I do remember the car would just drive forward and vanish, it worked correctly though. I seem to remember it only had the extension piece inside the garage and no driveway part to the street. If you find the information on this, you can always use the 'wallpaper' fake garage doors. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2017 at 3:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Duine
Isn't there a mod or some way that you can have a car that just leaves the lot without actually backing out of the garage and driving to the portal? I stopped using cars awhile ago and don't remember much about it now. I do remember the car would just drive forward and vanish, it worked correctly though. I seem to remember it only had the extension piece inside the garage and no driveway part to the street. If you find the information on this, you can always use the 'wallpaper' fake garage doors. (:

I know that from my experience having only an extension piece allows cars to vanish when a Sim leaves the lot, but the car and Sim never reappeared on the lot when they tried returning. They'd kind of get stuck off-lot like how it is when a Sim is at work.