Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 1:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Help! HomeCrafter Plus is acting weird!
I made some floors last night, and it worked fine.

But this morning, when I made some new floors, none of the floors show up IN game!

But when I run HomeCrafter, they show up in HomeCrafter, just not in game!

Help please! =(
Advertisement
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#2 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 10:28 PM
Are you running HomeCrafter under the same acccount that you play the game in? Anything created in HomeCrafter under the My Docs/usernameX account won't show up in the My Docs/usernameY account game.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:32 AM
Yes, I only have one account.

This happened to me before and I was only able to fix it because I reformatted my computer but I don't want to do that again, I don't want to lose my files.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 8:45 AM
I think that'd be an awfully drastic step for a few floors.

Homecrafter goes a bit weird sometimes.

What I would try:

Remove those created floors temporarily... Then uninstall Homecrafter. Reboot your computer. Then go and download a fresh copy of Homecrafter, and install from the new downloaded file. Reboot your computer. Run Homecrafter, and make a floor. Then close Homecrafter, and see if you can see that floor in the game.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I think that'd be an awfully drastic step for a few floors.

Yes, I was so mad at the time

But what you suggested did not work HystericalParoxym. The tiles still do not appear in game.

Is there another way?
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:06 PM
Possibly a stupid question, but one never knows unless one asks. You did import the floors into the game didn't you?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 2:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
Possibly a stupid question, but one never knows unless one asks. You did import the floors into the game didn't you?

Well of course I did...

I was able to make floors two nights ago and it worked just fine but now it's being weird.
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:00 PM
You'd be surprised what steps people forget sometimes.

I had something similar happen to me this morning. After going back and forth and getting tired of loading the game what I finally did was put it in the "other" category since I don't have many customs floors there. It turned up just fine so I changed it back to the category I want it in. I left the other file there (I'm keeping track of file numbers for an upload) so I can look for it again (out of my own stubbornness) when I go to take my in game screen shots. I'll be taking out everything but the new walls and floors I created so it should turn up this time. Don't know why I didn't think of doing that in the first place!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 4:17 PM
Problem is though, no matter which catergory I put it in. It doesn't show up at all.