Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2014 at 2:26 PM Last edited by pepoluan : 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:34 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime
Do I have to install all CC before installing a Lot?
Hello!

All this time, I stayed away from lots requiring CCs, so I'm still a noob when I came upon a nice lot ... with lots of CCs.

For instance, this nice apartment by PralineSims on TSR. Clicking on "TSR Creations" tab shows a huuuuuuge number of CCs "used in this creation". (To be precise: 68 in total).

My question: If I want to use that apartment lot, must I download ALL those CCs listed? Or will they still appear in the placed building, just not buyable/buildable anywhere else?

Sorry if my question has been asked before. I *have* tried searching with Google and Bing, I tried varying my search terms every which way, but even after reading tens of pages I still can't find the answer to my question...

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 17th Nov 2014 at 1:41 PM
the cc is going to be replaced by comparable objects if i am not completely wrong. for example: if you lack a certain table from the cc list of that lot it will load the lot BUT places a random table instead (sources are the available ones on your computer of course). dont know what happens if you lack scripted objects though. i think they will completely miss (cause whats comparable e.p. to a bee hive? LOL). the lot may look very different from what you expect from the creators pics if you lack a lot of the cc - just keep in mind.

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 4:19 PM
Thanks for all the tips, folks!

I decided that I'd just experiment... and voila! Most of the CCs included in the .sims3pack actually do appear. And, as said, CCs not included in the .sims3pack indeed got replaced by existing objects.

So, I had to go into build/buy and manually replace objects that look out of place, but thankfully, few and far inbetween.