Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 4:47 PM Last edited by pepoluan : 18th Nov 2014 at 6:54 PM. Reason: Solved, in a way.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Showtime
Default Black "frame" around the eyes - what 'component'?
After installing a bunch of pre-made sims, I think there's a content that inadvertently got deleted/replaced/conflicted (but not 'caught' by Sims 3 Dashboard).

As a result, one of my sims (at least, one that I see suffering the problem) has this black "frame" around her eyes. Kind of like a poorly-drawn eyeglasses using a sharpie.

When she blinks, the "frame" also moved, so I'm quite certain it's not some eyeglasses. (And after all, she wasn't wearing any).

I've tried changing her head shape, eye cosmetics, eye shape... all to no avail. I can see the shape of the head changing, the eye changing (at least the parts not covered by the 'sharpie')... but the "frame" remains!

I know I can just do a binary elimination of newly-installed packages, I'm just curious: what component could cause this problem? (In the sense that, like an uninstalled skintone, I should be able to just replace *that* component instead of doing some elimination).

(Refer to the screenshot)
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 18th Nov 2014 at 6:54 PM
Quick update: After nearly tearing my hair out, I finally discovered that I can 'reset' her eyes by giving her a pair of glasses, and removing it immediately. Ta-da! Sharpie erased.

As to the culprit... that will be much harder. I've practically disabled all 'loose' .package or .sims3pack files I recently installed (yay for CC Magic!), no change.

I suspect one of the .sims3pack for the recently-installed pre-made sims contained a package that somehow overwrites/overrides/conflicts with a package used by her.

Anyways, case closed. Although problem is not strictly solved, the workaround is Good Enoughâ„¢