Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 26th Jun 2009 at 1:30 AM
I think she said because skills were built faster in that season? I had no idea this happened...ha I think i'll have more fall seasons from now on.
Advertisement
Instructor
#102 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 1:26 PM
Decided to give this challenge a try and started it last night (I thought Pleasantview needed a hobo, LOL). The way time works is a little weird with time stopping in your home lot while your Sim is at a community lot, but otherwise it's a lot of fun. Definitely not as hard as I thought it would be.
Instructor
#103 Old 28th Jun 2009 at 3:40 AM Last edited by katalina522 : 28th Jun 2009 at 7:21 AM. Reason: left something out
this looks like fun, am going to try it RIGHT NOW ... I actually made a hobo once before, it was kind of fun to watch her beg for money.

also, if you don't have BV, there is an alternate way to get a phone on your lot if you don't enjoy the look of random hunks of wall sticking up:

1) create an empty residential lot in the size you want
2) go to the lot in build mode and enter the following command in the cheat box: changeLotZoning community
3) save and go back to neighborhood
4) open the lot again, go into buy mode and put up a community phone booth (found in 'street objects > electronics')
5) open the cheat box, press the up arrow until it shows the zoning cheat again, then change the word 'community' to 'residential'
6) save and go back to neighborhood

voila! residential lot with a pay phone!
*to get the phone booth onto the curb next to the mailbox, use the moveObjects on/off cheat
Test Subject
#104 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 6:59 PM
ill try this... can we use a sleep on floor hack or does the energy need have to bottom out?
Instructor
#105 Old 17th Jul 2009 at 7:24 PM
I am having loads of fun pushing my poor sim near to heart-attacks on espresso in order to make any money (am through about two sim-weeks; will post photos soon.), but I have a couple of technical questions now that I have a couple thousand simoleans laying around:

Is furniture that masquerades as natural objects allowed? (Like tree-stump chairs, log sofa, etc. I have these from another 'hood theme.)

Also, does a hammock count as portable?
Mad Poster
#106 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 2:33 AM
for a community lot time fix, to make this challenge a bit better, i would recommend downloading this. I have all expansion packs up to AL/M&G and it works fine in my game.
Test Subject
#107 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:10 PM
How do you sleep on the floor? Just collapse?

Sorry if I seem dumb, I do that sometimes
Test Subject
#108 Old 22nd Jul 2009 at 1:19 PM
I find it best to go to a community lot with a BBQ for food
Instructor
#109 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 2:30 AM
While creating community lots specifically for this challenge is frowned upon, it should be noted that Sim Center South, a community lot that comes with Downtown, is pretty well-equipped for this challenge. It has a coffee bar your hobo can work odd shifts at, a pond if you have Seasons, various fun-boosting devices, a grill, and full bathroom facilities including a shower. My hobo Lynn spent most of her first day there, and she didn't even use the pond or the bingo machine.

Contemplating making Golden Sun stuff for TS2.
Test Subject
#110 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 1:49 PM
Oh my word but this is hard. Poor Martin Freeman (yes, crush on the actor since the HHGTG film..) is having a hell of a time. I can't bear to see him so uncomfortable, usually hungry, often smelly, and even though I'm getting to know the Downtown places a lot better, I can't bear to play it any longer. It was only about day three and he had nearly died from hunger already! (This is making me think a lot about real life homeless living.)

I have only NL and Uni expansions, no Seasons, but I don't know how much easier they'd make it. I'm sure one major problem for him is that he totally fails at ordering coffee. He asks for it, then as soon as the barista goes to make it, he moves away to let the next person in, then never gets to his coffee! That, plus making hotdogs and serving them to everyone, then going for a fail coffee run, coming back and finding no hotdogs left! I considered doctoring the lot to make one more coffe stand, just so he could actually get coffee. But I'm not sure how much good it would do, he still has to sleep sometime.
Instructor
#111 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 5:50 PM
I would do it, as that's not really cheating since he still has to pay for the coffee. Super-caffeine is the only way to keep your poor sim awake long enough to make any money and/or not die of starvation, lol. (I have the same set of expansions, it's a *very* slow process to earn any money.)
Instructor
#112 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:26 PM
Delancey, Seasons would not make it a heck of a lot easier. Gardening and fishing (on the home lot) are both disallowed, you can't earn fishing badges on community lots, and Seasons has introduced some new and interesting ways to die (hail, freezing, heatstroke and spontaneous combustion, lightning...). Heck, I left Fall in on mine just because Lynn keeps getting caught in thunderstorms and hail.

Test Subject
#113 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Proxian_girl
Delancey, Seasons would not make it a heck of a lot easier. Gardening and fishing (on the home lot) are both disallowed, you can't earn fishing badges on community lots, and Seasons has introduced some new and interesting ways to die (hail, freezing, heatstroke and spontaneous combustion, lightning...). Heck, I left Fall in on mine just because Lynn keeps getting caught in thunderstorms and hail.

To quote the roving reporter on the sims tv: "Oh mamba."

I don't think I'll continue with the challenge exactly, but this has opened my eyes to a whole different way to play the game
Instructor
#114 Old 25th Jul 2009 at 12:56 AM
Lynn got hit by lightnings this morning, but she finished the challenge about nine days in. Since I was cheating like an idiot, I didn't bother to tally up the final score. She's now engaged to Vince Larrea the (ex-) Art Club manager, and also pregnant with his child (@#$%! ACR!).

Banned
#115 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:37 AM
Quick question: Can we make it so that they live in an old park, sleeping on fallen logs, sitting on tree stumps, and using one of the grills they have at the parks? Or maybe have them live in an old dump?
Test Subject
#116 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 11:31 AM
Haha fun. I'm gonna give this one a go ^_^
Scholar
#117 Old 22nd Aug 2009 at 1:37 AM
This would of been better if it were Romance or Family aspiration.

I've started this one just today.
Test Subject
#118 Old 15th Sep 2009 at 12:33 AM
Just started this one! I made a sim a while ago with the intention of making him a hobo, so this challenge is perfect. I've bent the rules a little, though--he has a dog named Roger with him, but that's okay, isn't it? Roger can take the place of the move-in townie. ;D
Scholar
#119 Old 7th Oct 2009 at 5:07 PM
Ooh, this challenge seems challenging! Just wondering... if a Sim goes to an OFB furni store to buy an easel or something, can the owner set it on very cheap?
Can a sim fish and sell the fish? (Since he/she can't cook it.)

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Field Researcher
#120 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 7:50 AM
OK, so I don't know if this has been adressed already, as I honestly refuse to read 118 pages......

I started playing this challenge this week. Mostly I'm finding it fun yet frusterating.

My question is....... ok so I know we are supposed to sleep on the ground.... but I found something at the MATY that I think should be allowed. I found Salvaged Stories Crap by J.M. Pescado, and there is a pile of leaves bed. It only takes up two tiles, and spread out leaves are definetly portable, and quite natural. I don't know if it will get allowed in the challenge, but I intend on continued use regardless.

Also another item converted from castaway stories that I think should be considered is the pee-able bush. Technically it's not a toilet, because it is under bushes in build mode, it's just pee-able. It is technically "natural", plus there is huge negative to hygene, as you are peeing outside, as it would in nature.

I don't know if these items will get allowed, but people may want to use them anyways as they are usefull to this challenge, and it seems alot of people have cheated anyways.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,10993.0.html
Test Subject
#121 Old 31st Oct 2009 at 6:17 PM
I'm doing this challenge. The sim's name is Joe Crannynook and he is very much a hobo.
He earned like 200 dollars he has an easel and next I'll buy a small lawn chair,
Test Subject
#122 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 2:50 AM
where can i get the hack (sleep on community lot)?

Anybody can create a mirrored armoire? Iwant to make it but so hard!!
Test Subject
#123 Old 1st Nov 2009 at 1:35 PM Last edited by ShadowAutobot : 2nd Nov 2009 at 10:11 PM.
Question: Nevermimd
Heck he has 10 grand now. This challenge is easy, although he only passed out once because he wasn't near a coffee machine or his lawn chair.
Edit: He has like 100k aspiration points, one love, one friend (two if you count his doggy he adopted from the streets named Alabama)
I might post a picture of him on here Joe seems to have 18 grand,
Im getting close.. oh yeah and he's engaged!
Test Subject
#124 Old 14th Nov 2009 at 5:41 PM Last edited by americangirl510 : 15th Nov 2009 at 1:16 AM.
Thank you for changing that phone thing. because I only have Pets, Seasons, and nightlife. well, I made my homeless person Angelica Millard. we'll see if she dies......

EDIT: one easy way to max your creativity is to go to Sim City North and their is a stage and a piano, tats how I maxed mine. but you can only get there with nightfall... so.... heh heh,
Instructor
#125 Old 15th Nov 2009 at 2:01 AM
How in the world did you finish that fast? You know that community lot skilling and having an actual "job" are not allowed for the challenge, right?
Page 5 of 11