Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
#201 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:55 PM
Yes, there is. I forget what it's called, but if you just do a search for the word "sleep" and filter it to only search game mods, you'll find it pretty quickly.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#202 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 6:16 PM
I started this challenge. I read that I can't post a story about "this is what happened in my game" so I will post only a few pictures of the story. The pictures are named by the order.
Screenshots

What did I do wrong?
Test Subject
#203 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 5:35 AM
How do I make my homeless sim look through the trash cans for something to eat? I have my sims and she is hungry not starving yet. Is that how they will go looking through the trash cans?
Lab Assistant
#204 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mary77803
How do I make my homeless sim look through the trash cans for something to eat? I have my sims and she is hungry not starving yet. Is that how they will go looking through the trash cans?

They have to be very sloppy, 0 or 1 point. If they are sloppy enough, they have the option to "salvage" from the trash can. But you have to have thrown something in it (if it's empty, what are you going to look for?). And because you can't buy things, you can only throw the newspaper in the trash can. One newspaper is enough to look for food or things for a long time. If they find things, they get a small amount of money (they usually find soap, ring boxes, small things).

What did I do wrong?
Instructor
#205 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hwes
Okay, IS there a hack to let your sims pass out on a community lot? I didn't have an associated downtown so I couldn't find anyplace to earn money on my first day, so now I'm trying to save for the easel with my limited energy and it is a PAIN to keep going back "home" just so I can pass out there. Especially since I've spent DAYS in community lots and still only have $115.

Sleep on Floor
Sleep on Community

However, you'll need to bend the rule to use these hacks. The rule for this challenge forbids that.

**Mootilda's tiny community lots have a coffee house, which allows you to caffeinate freely. My sim drank as much coffee he could to avoid uncomfortable sleeping on floor.
Test Subject
#206 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missmorgen
Oh and how do you be a barista..? o-o Sorry I've never done it before. :b

you dont need University. just go to downtown, go to like P.U.R.E and click the bar, it should have the option that lets you work it, and you can also be a DJ there, Hope i helped

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Instructor
#207 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by americangirl510
you dont need University. just go to downtown, go to like P.U.R.E and click the bar, it should have the option that lets you work it, and you can also be a DJ there, Hope i helped

That is to be a bartender. A barista is a person who works at a coffee shop. And I think that came with Uni, along with working in the cafeteria and playing instruments/entertaining for cash?
Field Researcher
#208 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 4:26 AM
I've actually had my own challenge like this for a while. Currently, (With aging off) my hobo sim went to $0, to now.... uhhh. *Checks* $562,424, has five kids, is married, and holds level 9 in the buisness career.. Here's how mine played out.

I have a town, it has a furniture store (Beds etc) arcade, resturaunts, parks, and a gym, so I gave this guy no money (After lot purchase). First thing my guy went off to do was free style for tips. After a few hours of white rapping he went to the furniture store and slept, then ate out of the trash from a deli he walked to. Then he went to the park and painted. He eventualy sold enough paintings over the days to buy a garage piece and a few days later, a junk car. After completing his first car (And making a heck of a profit.) He was able to put down four walls and a roof ( I made a cargo container, 4 walls, two by six, bed and a table), plus another junker, until one day he had, comperable, to a starter house. Soon he met Kate, the girl next door who always went jogging. They started to hit it off. After two more cars are made disaster struck. While making pop tarts, Hobo Bob passed out, and the entire kitchen he had plus a lot of the living room went up in smoke. He was a trooper though, he didn't quit, working all night he finished another car and got the bare essentials, a new TV, couch, telephone, cooking components, and now a security system. (Fire sprinkler over the stove, smoke detector, and a security alarm.) Hobo Bob finnaly was safe, but fixing cars was slow, and with the engagment of Kate soon, he had to get a job, for not only was Kate his Fiance, she was pregnant.

Finnaly Kate became Kate Dumase, and their first child was born, a boy, named Trey. John (My original hobo) got a job as a mailroom clerk, and started getting promotions almost every workday. As Trey grew up to a child and two kids followed suit, (Both girls) Kate started having more time, she started working on custom cars. Finnaly the cramped lot couldn't hold the family as well. The family moved out and got a new medium sized lot and moved in, this time sporting a two story home and a standing garage, (As there were problems with theives taking half finished cars) and they had another child. By this time Trey was a teen and started working in Medicine, and at this point they had five kids, three girls, two boys. But now town issues developed. Mr. Brown the furniture store owner, and Mr. Pickle, a hardware store owner, passed away together in a fire at the Brown's house. (Turkey incident) Now the two main buisnesses in town were with out ownership. Without hesitation Trey (Young adult now) purchased the hardware store and his sister, Grace purchased the furniture store. So with pushes and shoves the family owns now... 16 or so junk cars that are being worked on, in an underground parking garage.

Anyways that's my awesome story.

American Rocker Bomb, similar to an Irish car bomb, take a shot glass and fill it with five hour energy, then take a pint glass and fill it with your choice of energy drink. Drop in the shot glass and chug, then wait for SVT to set in.
Lab Assistant
#209 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 11:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
Sleep on Floor
Sleep on Community

Does sleeping on the floor let you sleep until your energy fills? I don't want to make this easy by having an actual bed or equivalent, but I am not getting any money whatsoever with my energy only reaching a certain level. She whines and complains and won't do anything until I fix her other motives, and by then she's exhausted again. Plus, I only have NL and OFB so my money making options are limited.
Actually, I lost money and got nothing for it, save a near death experience. She was starving at one of the Downtown lots, so I had her "be seated". BUT they seated her at a table that had a centerpiece. The waiter came and did the motions ... but there was no food. Still a bill, though! *eyetwitch*
Must fix that lot...
Instructor
#210 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Hwes
Does sleeping on the floor let you sleep until your energy fills? I don't want to make this easy by having an actual bed or equivalent, but I am not getting any money whatsoever with my energy only reaching a certain level. She whines and complains and won't do anything until I fix her other motives, and by then she's exhausted again. Plus, I only have NL and OFB so my money making options are limited.

Whether they sleep until energy maxes or not, they will still be miserable b/c comfort will go to zero, and they'll take so long to recover the energy that their hunger will get really low as well. The best strategy for this challenge is to spend the initial time after move-in making a small chunk of money to start with, and then keeping your sim pumped on espresso/coffee so they can continue to work or gain skill points.
Test Subject
#211 Old 30th Aug 2010 at 2:52 PM
I'm definitely going to try this, might even go create my sim right now! Except the problem I've had with sims lately is I go crazy with cheats, and my emagination isn't as great as it used to be... So this will definitely be a challenge, which is what I am looking for.

My challenge will be, not opening up the cheat window, not even ONCE to enter in 'kaching' or give up and enter 'motherlode' like I would like to. You can't do that in real life! Why should I have the privelidge to do that on a game? One of the things I hate about The Sims 2, and one of the very few things is it fails horribly when it comes to being realistic. Maxis can make a 3D character with a nose, eyes, belly button and fingers but sex is two people in their underwear doing some kind of jumping dance under sheets and labor is just another loading screen and a stork delivers your baby to you??? WHAT?!?!?

Anyway.... Thank you for the idea I'll let you know how miserably I fail in the next week!!
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 8:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katalina522
Whether they sleep until energy maxes or not, they will still be miserable b/c comfort will go to zero, and they'll take so long to recover the energy that their hunger will get really low as well. The best strategy for this challenge is to spend the initial time after move-in making a small chunk of money to start with, and then keeping your sim pumped on espresso/coffee so they can continue to work or gain skill points.

Yeah but their comfort will be at zero whether they sleep for a few hours or until their bar is full. I think it would be easier if they slept that long, I can only get my motives up high enough to work for a couple hours every third "day". At least if the energy bar was filled I could work on motives one "day", go home to sleep, go fix my comfort and bladder and be good to work. Would probably have to head out to find food after she was done but I'd feel like I was achieving more.
Test Subject
#213 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 11:30 PM
That is to be a bartender. A barista is a person who works at a coffee shop. And I think that came with Uni, along with working in the cafeteria and playing instruments/entertaining for cash?

Oh sorry, it's been awhile since I played,

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Test Subject
#214 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 5:55 PM Last edited by SmallMizz : 5th Nov 2010 at 5:20 PM.
i got frustrated and cheated...now i feel guilty so im starting again :'(
Lab Assistant
#215 Old 30th Dec 2010 at 5:16 AM
Is this challenge still on?? i want to try :D
Test Subject
#216 Old 11th Jan 2011 at 6:49 PM
Can't wait to give this challenge a go once I get all of the missing EPs and install them. One thing I'm still not 100% sure about though and would really love some clarification. I'm trying to adhere to the rules that Yinakori set in his/her original post (including any edits that were made over time) but I'm a bit confused about the plastic lawn chairs. Are they allowed? They seem portable and would be useful for sleeping on (though I will probably just use large amounts of coffee to keep up energy levels). There have been a couple of posts saying that they should be and some saying that they shouldn't so I'm not quite sure.

Thanks in advance for any replies and thanks for posting this challenge ^.^
Field Researcher
#217 Old 14th Jan 2011 at 3:23 AM
Abandoned it about halfway through. First few days were extremely fun, but then it all became a bit too much like I play most of my sims anyway, only with more loading screens and amounts of espresso that would've killed any real person :D.

So I declared that through becoming a famous artist, and after a few friendly chess games with Mr. Big, the sim managed to get that empty lot of his early.

It's still a great fun challenge, those first few days were extremely entertaining and educational.
Lab Assistant
#218 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 9:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lavaster
Then you use it to deform the Sim's face.
Maybe calling it the PLASTIC SURGERY table might clear the confusion up a bit coz there is another surgery table from the medical career that performs operations.
Test Subject
#219 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LFact
I see. Since I installed all EPs I have, I don't know what EP adds what well(except roof slope slider...).

The first EP that I installed was Night Life and that was when I got the 'walk to lot' option. I think... either that or University, those are the only two I have.
Instructor
#220 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 7:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MilkyChoco52
The first EP that I installed was Night Life and that was when I got the 'walk to lot' option. I think... either that or University, those are the only two I have.

Those are the only two EPs I have as well, and I definitely don't have that option.
Field Researcher
#221 Old 9th Feb 2011 at 12:30 AM
Collections, like "best of business" have later versions of the executable than standalone EPs. So, some versions of OFB, UNI, etc. might have walking to lots, etc.
Test Subject
#222 Old 10th Feb 2011 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kuroftw
My sim got turned into a vampire. I don't think this is going to turn out well.

you could drink a drink that cures it
Inventor
#223 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:23 AM
Those are the only two EPs I have as well, and I definitely don't have that option.

I have night life, but don't have Uni yet, and I have the walk to lot option, so it must be Nightlife.

Have you downloaded any patches?
Inventor
#224 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 7:20 AM
Can't wait to try this! :D
Instructor
#225 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Saturnfly
I have night life, but don't have Uni yet, and I have the walk to lot option, so it must be Nightlife.

Have you downloaded any patches?

When did you buy Nightlife? Mine is the original from 2006, and it is fully patched. As someone else already said, there is a newer version, which I think is part of a combo pack, that runs with a different version of the game engine. So new features that did not exist in that EP are possible.

Also... your profile says that in addition to NL you have Pets, Seasons, and AL. So your configuration is not the same as mine anyway. AL is the newest EP, it will have the 'walk to...' option.
Page 9 of 11