Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 9:35 PM
well this is hilarious
made one adjustment to it, but it only makes it more fun for me haha
1, 3 sims, any age, all hating each other
2, ask someone else to choose traits (thatll be my mum haha)
3, make an alien sim (how do i do this?)
4, Must be a bomb shelter - it was something to do with adventures, but cuz i never go i thought i'd pick the most awkward/annoying of these rules lol
5, make ghost/simbot

awesome

I'm the sexy guy with half an orange in my face ;)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 1:36 AM Last edited by Randab : 26th Jul 2010 at 1:53 AM. Reason: adding a question...
Quote: Originally posted by Six_by_Nine
Do not open the spoiler until you have your numbers. Doing so will put you in the "Oh, I don't like that one, what if I get it?" mindset and potentially make you permanently bored of TS3.

not for me! i couldn't play sims when i opened this topic because i can't get on the right computer, and i just couldn't bare not reading them, i had to pop them up! reading them made me wanna play sims more, seriously some of the things you said i really wanna try! :lovestruc i really have nothing wrong with torturing/killing my sims, nobody hate me for that some of my sims i love to pieces, they get the special treatment, so don't think i'm all bad... anywho, just reading this made me love sims again, thanks for reviving the love! :lovestruc

[EDIT] how are you supposed to make the mummy/ghost hybrid? I have 2 ideas and i don't know which you mean...

1) do i make a mummy and a ghost have a child?
2) do i make a mummy, kill it off, and use the "oh my ghost!" opportunity on it?
Test Subject
#28 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 5:06 AM
Make two married Sims. Have one of them have an affair without their spouse knowing. If the spouse finds out...kill him. *dramatic music*
Ask someone else to give your Sims traits for you. No peeking or changing them!
Make your Sims live in a bomb shelter.

Epic. I'm excited about the bomb shelter idea. I don't know who to get to pick the sims traits, though.
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 4:32 PM

ok... *makes up a back-story of this crazy family*

Wampon Frawzins (lol?) is an insane man who is evil and mean. (traits: Insane, Mean Spirited, Neurotic, Loner, Evil) He lives with his poor, innocent wife, Hailey. She's so afraid of him she's afraid of EVERYTHING! She can barley sleep at night! (traits: Good, Coward, Technophobic, Hydrophobic, Light Sleeper). Wampon uses her for a test subject, he really doesn't care about her one bit. His child is a fire-woman's child (hopefully the firefighter that shows up will be a girl?). Hailey tries her best to raise the child in there bomb-shelter home. Why do they live in a bomb shelter? Because Wampon is planning on starting a nuclear war! But before he does that, he wants to see what would happen if he killed a mummy...? He turned toward poor, poor Hailey... He transformed his wife into a mummy and starved her... He did this in the lowest section of the bomb shelter (where he stores all of his madness) so no one would see...

OMG i can't wait! this is going to be EPIC!
Test Subject
#30 Old 11th Oct 2010 at 4:50 AM
Please please please make more options! I absolutely love this challenge and I would absolutely love to have more to choose from (cause I've already done a lot of these). At least think about making a sequel. I would love you for ever!

Regardless, thanks for your hard work on this!
Test Subject
#31 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 12:56 AM Last edited by naomeh : 2nd Nov 2010 at 1:02 AM. Reason: adding spoiler tag.
Weee.
This caught my eye because I was browsing on here with sims 3 windowed. I was just thinking "Geez, I'm really bored," Ffwding it and watching for opportunities or phonecalls I'd just cancel.

It's... kind of creepy, actually. A-are you watching me? *Covers up webcam*
Even creepier, were my choices I got:
Test Subject
#32 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 3:35 AM
This is interesting, and I will definitely try it sometime. Have my specs all written down lol

I just thought I would throw out some options for Late Night, if you wanted to mix them up and add or whatever.

1. Have someone be a Mixologist
2. Have someone become a Movie Star or Director
3. Start a band
4. Visit clubs every night
5. Have someone become a Vampire
6. Befriend every Celebrity and Vampire
7. Everyone plays Guitar
8. Everyone plays Piano
9. Everyone plays Drums
10. Everyone plays Bass
Test Subject
#33 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 9:53 AM
This is so freaking epic and potentially full of hilarity. xD I showed the spoilers before bothering to roll, because I'm not bored with Sims just yet (playing a vampire clan right now with house limit off, this is crazy and interesting -- hey, maybe I'll make *that* a challenge) but I will definitely bookmark this page for ideas and something fun to do when/if I finally do get bored of the game.
Test Subject
#34 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 12:40 AM
Sorry this is kinda an old thread, but it looks really interesting and i was wondering what the rules/limitations were on cheats and mods? Any thing specific you dont want? I would like to start playing this just wanted to know that first. btw
Field Researcher
#35 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 6:08 AM
So... I rolled well I think. Bravo for me.

Make at least three Sims of any age group and make them all hate each other. Bonus points to you if you decide to make one of them Evil and cause mischeif.

Take a five-letter word. Spell the word out with traits. GUEST: Genius, Unflirty, Excitable, Schmoozer, Technophobic.

Make an alien Sim. Green skin, weird face...If you have Awesomemod or NRaas' SuperComputer, use the slider hacks.

Make an Evil mummy that tries to kill everyone.

Make an Investigator that beats up other Sims for information, breaks into their house, etc.

Now I am going to CAS to make this family... I needed a break from building anyway.

And never again, and never again...They gave us two shots to the back of the head... And we're all dead now...
Test Subject
#36 Old 15th Jan 2011 at 11:16 PM
I so love this challenge! Thank you sosososososososo much
Test Subject
#37 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:05 AM
Oh what fun... I couldn't believe this, but I have to try it!
I got
10. Make one YA or A Sim. Make him/her never marry, but try to get as many kids as possible.
10. Take a five-letter word. Spell the word out with traits. GUEST: Genius, Unflirty, Excitable, Schmoozer, Technophobic.
10. Try to collect all of the Magic Gnomes.
1. Make a mummy/ghost hybrid.
4. Make an Investigator that beats up other Sims for information, breaks into their house, etc
I think I could create a Sim to do it, but oh what a Sim he will be
I can't wait to see him work... Thanks for the boredom breaker
Instructor
#38 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 4:33 AM
Ho god. I have two parents, two kids, all with random traits, the parents hate each other, they're hoarders, they can only sleep in tombs while on adventures, and one of them is a bad investigator. This will be...interesting.

I definitely think you should make a set of rules for Late Night. (: Love this challenge!

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Lab Assistant
#39 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 11:30 PM Last edited by abiridaught : 31st Jan 2011 at 3:33 AM.
I rolled:

1. Make 2 married sims. Make one of them have an affair without the other one knowing. If the spouse finds out... KILL HIM.
8. Have someone else choose traits for your sims (that would be my non-simmer boyfriend. THIS should be interesting...)
10. Try to collect all the magic gnomes. (I've never had one of these guys! I am STOKED about this one)
1. Make a mummy/ghost hybrid. (Um, halp pls?)

Great job, by the way. I was getting SO bored of the sims, and I just installed LN. It's so buggy right now anyway. This will give me something to do while I wait for EA to patch that baby up.

EDIT: I just started. The married couple are Lola and Todd Reid-Snap (the hyphenated name, because she has commitment issues, and did not want to change her last name to Reid). Todd is a loner, and so far, has decided to keep to himself and not interact with his wife in any way. Craving attention, Lola has gone after Jared Frio and a sim I placed myself.
I'm working on the gnomes, but after reading how to actually get a gnome, I'm realizing how difficult this is going to be.

Best. Challenge. Ever, btw.
Scholar
#40 Old 31st Jan 2011 at 3:45 AM
I think that people shouldn't be peeking at the second page without choosing yet, so no spoiler alert for me (plus I don't know how to make one XD)

8. Have a baby with the first ghost you see
Bleh, didn't want to play with anymore ghosts But a visit to the graveyard and see what I get might be fun! PLEASE no more pink babies though! (I keep on mating with starved ghosts for some reason)

2. Every sim you make must be a technophobic. Country hick family, here I come! Yay!

1. Your house must only have one bathroom. I think I'm going to make an outhouse! Lol!

9. Make a "dirty" investigator. Lol, this is going to be so fun! Abusive cop/ghost hubby with the scary haired country lady with billions of children, in a tiny one bedroom shack. How fun!
Test Subject
#41 Old 14th Feb 2011 at 9:59 PM
Yes! I got something fun to do now!:
1. Make two married Sims. Have one of them have an affair without their spouse knowing. If the spouse finds out...kill him. *dramatic music*
9. Give your Sims the personalities of someone you know. For example, give your Adult Sim the personalty of your mom. Or give a Child the personality of your grandpa.
7. Use testingcheatsenabled to make everyone in your family hate everyone in a random family in the neighborhood.
2. Make an Evil Simbot that tries to destroy the pathetic human race.
xDD this will be so much fun! now I have to find out how to make them hate each other....fast...
anyways thanks!
Field Researcher
#42 Old 9th Jun 2011 at 6:59 AM
I have Ambitions.

I'm currently on my fourth generation, so some of this doesn't apply to me. My numbers were 7, 8, 1, 10

I like the idea of
"7. Have a baby with the first service Sim to step on your lot, regardless of marital status," although that would require me to choose which service to select from. Hmm.

I can't do the traits thing because I'm no longer creating sims from the CAS.
"1. Your house must only have one bathroom. On top of that, you cannot buy the Steel Bladder LTR."

This would certainly be a challenge. xD

Check out my new blog - I Think My Cat Is An Alien
Test Subject
#43 Old 13th Nov 2011 at 2:41 PM Last edited by sephiroth692 : 13th Nov 2011 at 3:32 PM.
This is a great challenge where you don't have to think and plan it out or follow very specific rules which are easy to break. I also added a Late Night scenario that someone here requested for my numbers.

on this! I'll be trying it when I get Generations and Pets.
Test Subject
#44 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 9:42 PM Last edited by pokemonnn : 30th Nov 2011 at 9:43 PM. Reason: Just noticed something lol worthy
I Got:
6. Make four grandparents, two parents, and at least one kid. Full house!- My reaction: This will be interesting...
1. Every Sim you make in CAS must be Insane.- My reaction: This just got more interesting...
6. Never sell anything. Hoard everything. - My reaction: This will be... (you guessed it) INTERESTING!!!1!!ONE!
1. Make a mummy/ghost hybrid. -My reaction: This will be interesting... (googles how to make and kill a mummy)

EDIT: Check out the numbers I got
random number generator.

I had some AWESOME pictures for this but I don't know if you can make them show as images (cause img code is off)
Here's the links anyways (1st by golden jet from serebii, 2-4th by me)
http://tinyurl.com/3n8m7ln http://tinyurl.com/3q5k23g http://tinyurl.com/3gfa8up http://tinyurl.com/3bvaon5
Scholar
#45 Old 30th Nov 2011 at 10:57 PM
Okay, rolled

which is alright, been meaning to do that anyway.'

But then I got

Right now my sims are going "this is gonna suuuuuuuck..."

Additionally rolled

Think I'll go with an evil stylist, the MS/G adventurer, and the poor cowardly family twit. And I'll start them as teen so the evil one can have the room in question entirely and constantly boobytrapped and cause UTTER HAVOC.
Test Subject
#46 Old 11th Dec 2011 at 12:40 AM
I have to have a kid with the first ghost I see, and base my Sim around the first trait I get after randomizing it. The trait was Dislike Children. Kinda conflicting.
Quesion: What are all the different magic gnomes? And how can I get them?
Scholar
#47 Old 15th Dec 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by KayMacd
I have to have a kid with the first ghost I see, and base my Sim around the first trait I get after randomizing it. The trait was Dislike Children. Kinda conflicting.
Quesion: What are all the different magic gnomes? And how can I get them?

That's not conflicting, that's a challenge.

Snickerson: a Random Legacy Challenge. There are zebras involved. Zebras.
Test Subject
#48 Old 6th Jan 2012 at 1:38 PM
So I got:

Still in the setting-up process of getting everybody to know another family so I can make them hate each other. I sent them over to the closest house around dinnertime. They all introduced themselves to the one sim currently there, an elder lady. But as I went to individually have each sim talk to her, I turn around and notice the rest of them picking potatoes out of the poor old lady's garden and just eating them raw. Now I KNOW this is gonna be fun...

Also, simbot overload + technophobia. Love it.
Test Subject
#49 Old 7th Jan 2012 at 12:21 PM
Make four grandparents, two parents, and at least one kid. - Merda, I cannot even keep two sims alive!
For every Sim you make in CAS, hit random once. Keep the first trait, get rid of the others. Build their personality around that trait - Well, diversity is the spice of life.
Play without opening the Needs tab. Rely on moodlets to see what your Sims need. - Everyone is going to die.

I will be posting family pictures in a bit, in this post.
Wish me luck... this will be chaos.
Test Subject
#50 Old 8th Jan 2012 at 10:15 PM
Oh, amazing challenge!

Family 1: Make 3 sims, which are ALL going to hate eachother. >(I never make sims hate eachother so- FUN)
Family 2: For every sim you make in CAS, hit random once and keep the first trait. (build personality after that trait) (that's a GREAT one! :D)
Family 3: You can NEVER call service. (gah, sort of boring.
Page 2 of 3