Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 8:11 PM
Default The Sims: Pet Stories community time to The Sims 2.
HI!
Recently i noticed, that in Sims:Pet Stories, time when Sims was comming back from community lot, was fixed. It had only about 20 seconds delay, which simulates arriving time. It don't work neither in Life Stories, nor in The Sims 2. So is there any way, to move that script from Sims:PS to Sims 2?
I know Community Time Project, but it works different (like Sim was coming back from work), and it apparently needs boolprop testingcheatsenabled true.
It'd be awesome if there is such a mod.

Thanks!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Nov 2014 at 9:19 PM
Community lot time does not need testing cheats, or doesn't for me. No the one from pet Stories has not been ported over as it probably can't be. There is something called the lot sync timer from MATY, but I think you will find that is different also. What don't you like about community lot time?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#3 Old 30th Nov 2014 at 1:30 PM
I think he's trying to say that when he returns from a community lot, the game clock is the same time as he left the community lot.

This is certainly possible to do, but carries a host of issues, like what happens if PART of a household goes somewhere, while the rest remain behind.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 3:25 PM
OK, i checked out CTP, and i realised it works great . I was afraid of bugs, but as far i don't had any of them. The only wrong thing in it is that message box, which appears when i come back to residental. And that boolprop TestingCheatEnabled true required is lie.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Dec 2014 at 5:27 PM
The message box is just to tell you what time they are expected back. It's useful because sometimes the mod glitches, especially if you've used the sethour cheat or the lot sync timer to change the day, because it thinks that they've been away for several days instead of a few hours. Then you need to use the batbox to force errors and get them back. Similarly if it gets to the expected time and they're not back, which happens occasionally, you know that it's past the time it should be. I don't know if it's a problem to save while sims are off-lot, too, but I use it to avoid doing that.

I do wish though that the "expected back at ..." message box would stay while the "journey took x hours" one would vanish, currently it's the other way around.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...