Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:15 AM
Default Lock doors for toddlers and children?
Is there any mod or anything to keep children from going into certain rooms? It's something I've wanted for very long since it's getting annoying to have all my toddlers constantly going to the bathroom to play with the toilet or when the children decide to sleep in their parents bed. Worse, when they're going to make the parents bed and you can't even cancel their action! What even is the point of that in the game? I know there's an option to disallow pets so why aren't there an option for at least toddlers? I would be very happy if anyone knows a way to fix this.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:24 AM
Authorised Personnel Only at MATY.

There's also a hack at MATY called abortbedmaking which will allow you to cancel "Make Bed".

TwoJeffs made ToddlerPottyFixes which prevents the toddler from playing in the toilet unless they're in a bad mood. There's probably another hack which will stop it completely.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 12:20 PM
TwoJeffs hack for the toilet is a correction of a mistake EAxis made in the coding. It was originally intended that toddlers should only play in the toilet when they were in a bad mood but the coding that tested for their mood got left out of the process. TJ just put it back in. It does make a lot more sense and with the hack they stop playing in the loo quite a lot but not entirely which I find quite acceptable.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Inventor
#4 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chokladen94
Is there any mod or anything to keep children from going into certain rooms?

http://modthesims.info/d/497904
Forum Resident
#5 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:18 PM
Simlogical has several types of doors to allow/disallow access to certain age groups or certain people. I use them to keep the kids and toddlers out of the parent's bedrooms and to keep adults out of the kids room so they won't sleep in there instead of their own bed!

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...cessControl.htm
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:52 PM
Baby gate:http://modthesims.info/d/497904

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#7 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 8:20 AM
two jeffs smart beds is great for keeping children from trying to sleep in their parents' beds, or vice versa. once you direct a sim to sleep in a certain bed, that is the only bed they will choose to sleep in. Unless you have the grand trianon bunkbeds, for some reason all my sims wanted to sleep in them regardless of where they were supposed to sleep
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:37 PM
Thank you all so much!!! Now I just need to try it out to be sure it works with my game.
Theorist
#9 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:09 PM
Just a suggestion for those who prefer to limit the number of mods used. Toddlers will often play in toilet out of boredom. Keeping autonomous use toys & a toy box around the house give them more options. The stereo will also draw them in when toys seem to get boring, they love to dance. The fish tank, caged pets can also distract them for short periods. The only time I have toddlers head to the toilet is when the family first moves in as there are usually no toys available just yet & their moods are okay at this time. Now if the toilet only had a lid that closed, problem would be solved. (:

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 9:36 PM
If you wanted to stop the toddler without mods you could lock the toilet door for only one sim. 'Allow me only'. Of course you would need one toilet per child age+ sim on the lot.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 12:56 AM
Just wanted to say that the toddler-plays-in-toilets code is broken by Maxis. It was something that was only supposed to happen if the toddler is in a very bad mood or in aspiration failure. There is a mod that fixes the code so that it works as it was intended to work, located on this page: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=10.0 So, if you want that to work as intended, get the fix. Otherwise, you need to keep your toddlers occupied. Usually, if you direct them to use a toy, they'll do so unless/until you tell them to do something else.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.