Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 9:58 PM
Default More Perks!!!
Hi there!

I am new to OfB (actually still new to TS2, period!) and I saw a problem. Not enough perks!! I heard that the best business (max lvl) is level 10. That means a total of 10 perks you can get for your business. But I wanna earn them all!

Is there a mod that gives you more levels with another perk you can choose for each level? I don't want a mod that just let's you get all the perks without earning them. I need more EARNED perks! So umm.. ?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 10:15 PM
You can actually have multiple businesses to unlock them all. Not sure if that's what you're looking for though.
Instructor
#3 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 12:46 AM
If you start a new bussiness with the same sim they can get the other perks. The perks will apply to all the bussinesses though.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 10:08 AM
But I have a home business. When you have a business on a separate lot, it's always closed unless you're on that lot, right?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#5 Old 14th Dec 2014 at 10:56 AM
No - you can appoint a manager to run the business when your sim is not there.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
No - you can appoint a manager to run the business when your sim is not there.

The manager won't be stupid about it like most sims, right?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 12:36 AM
I never use managers, you have to ring in every day from home and it takes ages and even then every day the profits get less. i used a manager once back in, i don't know, the year OFB came out? Never again. There may of course be a mod out now to make managers work better, but I like my sim to go to their business and run it themselves.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#8 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 2:02 AM
Basically hiring a manager still lets your sims get some money from the bussiness but doesn't actually change anything. The lot won't change until you go there. If you want to build up a community lot bussiness you actually have to visit the lot regularly (or in one really long session) to get it to go up in rank.

Visit my ToT challenge here.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 15th Dec 2014 at 4:09 PM
There's a hack to stop the profits plummeting, I think it's a Pescado one. I can't remember the name but maybe someone else can. Antibusinessdecay maybe?

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Theorist
#10 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 2:25 AM
Once a sim has earned certain perks (like Perk Up or Head For Numbers), they can pass that perk along to other sims, whether those sims own a business or not. So you could have one sim earn 10 pass-along-able perks and pass them on to everybody, and then someone else learn 10 more and pass those along to everybody too. You could even set up a "business school," since the perks can be passed along at home or on a community lot. The wholesale and cash rewards each business owner would have to earn for themselves, but there are five of each, so maxing those out wouldn't take you over your ten available slots to earn.

EDIT: And the passing along process is pretty tedious even if you take the shortcut of using the start-stop method, so you could definitely say that you earned them!

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15