Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 4:18 PM
Default A mod to be an employee
Is there a mod to be an employee in OFB? I mean I am not in that family but that family hires me and I go to work for thêm in a community lot. I mean real working, not just getting on a car and returning home.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 8:56 PM
You don't need a mod to hire somebody, have you business owner click on the sim you want and pick 'hire'. Then when you play the owner at his store and call in employees the sim you hired will come in for work. When you play the employees lot you will only see him or her leave in a car. You have to be playing the owner to see him actually working.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 5:53 AM
Well, that's the problem. I want to play an employee and work at the same time. I want to work in person, not just get into a car and disappear.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 6:22 AM
Well you could make them selectable when you play the owner, but if you are on the business lot, you have to be playing the business owner.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 6:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by worry_faraway
Well, that's the problem. I want to play an employee and work at the same time. I want to work in person, not just get into a car and disappear.

Well..then be an owner!
This is the only way. Owners can restock, sell, operate the cash register and all other task any employee would do.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 7:44 AM
I don't think they want to be the owner, not that there is any choice to that. If the owner was on the till he could make the employee selectable and have him restock or do sales. Or I guess get an automatic restock and cash till mods, tie the owner up in the back room and run it himself.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 8:05 AM
Ambitions was the EP that made me cave and buy the Sims 3. Going to work with your sims was cool (ultimately, not cool enough to outweigh all the crappy stuff though).
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 8:40 AM
It was cool, although I found it got a bit tedious after awhile because it was too scripted.

Op, what kind of business do you have in mind? My town hall/court house/newspaper office is a building owned by my mayor. He employes another playable as the 'newspaper reporter'. I can take my reporter down there and have him write an article at his desk on Monique's computer. You can do that kind of thing if you have an owner who has enough cash not to mind that he is paying an employee who doesn't actually do anything for him, one who isn't really needed. I will also be hiring a 'judge' for the court room.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 10:22 AM
Well, it seems impossible in the end. (
The things I love most about the sims 3 are those professional jobs but a business expansion pack in which you can be an owner wasn't made lol.
Scholar
#10 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 11:23 AM
Does the business you have in mind to be privately owned? Or a shop at all? If not, why not simply build a community lot that represents the business you want to work in and just pretend? For example you could have a community lot with lots of toy crafting stations, call it a toy factory, brick factory or something similar and send your sim there every day to work. Wages could be added by a money cheat. Adding a cafeteria and stuff helps the illusion along, the only immersion breaking thing is that none of the other sims that show up will do any work... except of course, you run a fishfarm, given how crazy the sims are about fishing.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 12:06 PM
You can use Simlogical's meeting controller to call 'employees' in and have them selectable, then you can make them do whatever you want. End the 'meeting' and they'll go home.
Theorist
#12 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 4:17 PM
Your sim can work on an established and un-owned community lot while earning money as a barista, DJ or bar tender by clicking on the counter, dj booth or bar and choose the 'work as' option (don't remember the proper wording on menu). Not sure if there are other options to randomly earn money. You could set up small community lots with the objects a sim can earn from and use that lot as their work place. Other ideas could be fishing for a living. or a park where they could dig for treasure.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Ambitions was the EP that made me cave and buy the Sims 3. Going to work with your sims was cool (ultimately, not cool enough to outweigh all the crappy stuff though).

Yeah, it's cool to park outside the rabbit hole and watch it for eight hours.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#14 Old 9th Dec 2014 at 9:31 PM
Ambitions was the one that you didn't have to park outside a rabbit hole for 8 hours, that's why it was cool. The firefighter or ghost hunter was my favourite but being scripted it got repetitive and tedious after awhile.

@worry_faraway if you are willing to think outside the box there are ways to follow your sim to work or to something that looks like work. Depending on how many mods and cheats you wish to use you can swing it so he or she never disappears in a car.
1) Buy a community lot and run it as a business and play the owner.
2) Hire only playables as your employees and make them selectable when they come in for work. To stop them leaving for work when you play their home lot put down the Simlogical school/job sign. There are at least two versions of that. I use that for my news paper reporter. I send him to the newspaper office and never let him get the car pool. He makes money when he completes writing articles.
3) Send your sim to the same community lot to be a DJ, bar tender or barista. They make about $16 an hour doing that.
4) Work from home. Novels, painting, articles.
5) Turn your home lot into a business. I have a B&B, police station, health Clinic, Fire station and Police Station set up that way. I do allow my DR, Fireman and police officer to leave for work. On days off they open the home business or again I can place the sign so they don't leave for work. I have also run a school on a home lot, but this current hood doesn't have one yet.
6) Make community lots that are unowned into an office or a factory. There are all kinds of downloads around. One I have lets the sim craft electronic items or build a computer.
7) Have you playable do an NPC job. There is a job pack on here. Again you can use the stop work sign or not, but the sim gets the title and the outfit. So if he in the Garden NPC career the garden truck shows up and he gets the NPC garden outfit for work. Instead of letting him go to work put out the sign. When you play other houses, summon him, make him selectable and have him work. You then pay him via Monique's computer or Christionlov's wallet controller. I just made the repairman for my new hood since two of the playables have been electrocuted (and lived) He will own a repair shop but I will also set him with the NPC repair man career while putting the stop work sign outside of his house. He will run his shop or be summoned to do repairs.
That's some ideas for you anyway.

Charity mentioned the meeting controller, that is something I tend to forget apart from actual meetings of the town council, but it would work for a factory as well.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 2:44 AM
Not exactly a respectable job, but for money earning there is also busking. Actually, for non respectable jobs Cyjon has a Brothel hack. XD
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Dec 2014 at 3:33 AM
One of my homeless sims busks and raids the trash. You can fish out some really 'nice' stuff like that. Then I send him to a restaurant and have him nick somebodies lobster.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#17 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 11:14 AM
How does he raid the trash, can they find something inside? Or do they... eat?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 11:59 AM
Your sim has to be really sloppy, either 0 or maybe 1 neat to dig in the trash. They rummage around, pull something out and sell it to the air.- I'll see if I have a picture.
Eating from the trash is a separate autonomous action which they can get food poisoning from. I have had one uncontrolled playable stop outside the family I was playing and eat from their trash and got food poisoning and one sim in an asylum challenge who often ate from the bin and never got sick.

I couldn't find the photo that i was after but I have this one from my trailer park challenge.

Kids up and any bin, inside or outside so long as some rubbish has been thrown away into it.
They seem to enjoy it lol, but their hygiene takes a hit.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#19 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 2:08 PM
Squinge made a mod that enables it for anyone.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,44821.0.html