Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 7:00 PM
Default Vampires Transform and Drink Blood Seperately
What I'd like to find is a way to allow my vampire Sims to drink the blood of any Sim they wanted, WITHOUT turning that Sim into a vampire themselves. At the same time, if there is a Sim who I DO want to turn into a vampire, I want to still have that option available in some form or another. From comments and stories other members have made, I know this is possible, and a quick look at the vampirism-related mods in the downloads section did turn up several promising candidates- but since I have so little CC of any sort in my game, I don't really know what I'm looking for! I imagine I've already seen the mod I'm looking for, and just didn't realize it- Any help from those of you who know these mods better than I would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th Dec 2014 at 7:06 PM
Here. : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=225894
bite neck satisfies hunger, and this is all it now does, while embrace will turn them into vampires..but is not autonomous

And if ever you'd like a deadly bite...combine with this one : http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=295358

I have just play tested them, thanks to Icad who linked it to me, as I am new to vampires, and they work great

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 6:48 AM
Aaaaand I was right! That was one of the ones I'd checked! Thanks for confirming my guess though- much appreciated! Tomorrow we'll see just what kind of chaos an undead bloodsucker can unleash without fear of overrunning the neighborhood with her kind!

Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 7:00 AM
Just so you know..I love vampires, now. (muahahah?)

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 17th Dec 2014 at 11:38 PM
Just one more question- when I went to download it, I saw the creator stated that all his mods were only up-to-date through FT. I have everything, so I just want to confirm that I'm not opening up a can of worms by installing this. (I'd assume not, since it looks like both you and iCad have all the EPs as well, but I figure it doesn't hurt to check!)

Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
Just one more question- when I went to download it, I saw the creator stated that all his mods were only up-to-date through FT. I have everything, so I just want to confirm that I'm not opening up a can of worms by installing this. (I'd assume not, since it looks like both you and iCad have all the EPs as well, but I figure it doesn't hurt to check!)

I have all EPs/SPs, and they work fine. I believe there's a load order issue if you have creaturefixes, though. I believe creaturefixes needs to load first. This shouldn't be a problem if you don't rename files, as the files as-is are named so that creaturefixes is alphabetically before the vampire ones and so will load first "naturally" if they're in the same folder. But if you're a person who puts things in folders or screws around with file names, it's something to consider.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:04 AM
HCDU doesn't bring up a conflict for me. How do you know that they conflict?
Undead Molten Llama
#8 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 2:34 AM
I'm not 100% certain that they do. I seem to recall, though, that when I had it ordered such that creaturefixes loaded after the vampire ones I use, the "Embrace" option wasn't there. It was years ago, though. I might not be remembering correctly, but I'm pretty certain I had to adjust that.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
HCDU doesn't bring up a conflict for me. How do you know that they conflict?

By me, post 28
http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...944#post4623944

Because of What J.M Pescado answered on his creaturefixes, reply 22
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...92729#msg492729

i think for me it was the deadly bite that showed up in HCDU alongside creaturefixes. So of course, i went on the creaturefixe site to see if it was a known conflict. here you go.

@Zarathustra i confirm. I too have all EP's and SP's and everything works. If you feel like reading, it is mentioned a few times in the downloads comments, at various times, by various simmer .

Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:37 AM
I checked creaturefixes and it turns out that I don't have the most recent version. Hmm, so do I update and worry that the biting thing will override whatever stops Mrs Crumplebottom being bitten or just stick with the old version ...
Undead Molten Llama
#11 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 6:41 AM
Unfortunately, I can't tell you if it will or not. Crumplebottom is banned on all my lots, so I don't have to worry about the issue. I have creaturefixes simply because it fixes the problem with teens and alien eyes.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 7:51 AM
Charity, one thing I know is that none of the vampire mods *I* linked for Zarathustra are autonomous.
So I don't think Mrs C. would get bitten unless you direct a sim to do the job.
I have the most recent version of creaturefixes, and as Icad said, if you do not rename the files, the vampire mods will load after creaturefixes, overwriting the bite thing. In short, making all vampire biting actions non autonomous.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 11:09 AM
Including the default bite? I mean does it change the Maxis bite or simply add other options?
Mad Poster
#14 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 5:45 PM
Reading the comments and all, I am pretty sure it overwrites the original bite..but maybe not. I can't be sure.

Undead Molten Llama
#15 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 10:27 PM
After thinking about it for a bit, I just wanted to add that I've been using the vampire bite mod in question for years and I can't recall seeing a grand vampire (or any other vampire, for that matter) bite anyone autonomously since installing the mod. So, I suspect that Rosebine is right in that the mod makes it so that all biting is non-autonomous. SO, I suspect it negates the vamps-biting-Crumplebottom issue, as well. I can't be sure of this, mind you, but it's my strong suspicion. For some "evidence": I have married in counts/contessas on occasion and I recall them at one point always wanting to bite their family members at some point in time, once married in, even those that they CAN'T bite, like toddlers. That changed, though, and the thing that would have made this change would have been the vampire mod in question, because I got creaturefixes only relatively recently, to fix the alien eye issue, and a long while AFTER I had installed the biting mods.

So, there's my thoughts. Again, not guaranteed, but it's what I'm observing in my game.