Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 7:21 AM
Default How to put binned hair into the custom content bin
I have downloaded a few hairs in which the Red coloured hair looks very unnatural. I recoloured the hair and binned my recolours to the red bin, but how do I place the original red hair into the custom content bin? I don't want to delete the original red recolours, but I don't want them in my red hair bin...
Can I just copy a random code from another hair that is already in the custom content bin in SimPE, since non of the hair in the custom content bin have the same codes. (Like black is 00000001-0000-0000-0000-000000000000, ect.)
Thank you
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 9:42 AM
I wouldn't copy a random code - I'd make one up. Give it a try with a copy of the file and see if it works.

Or actually, easier and more sure, just make a non-edited copy of the hair in Bodyshop - you know, New Project > Import the hair without making any changes. That will force the game to make its own code. Then delete the original file.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 10:06 AM
I actually thought of doing the Bodyshop coping, I just thought that changing the code, if I could, would be easier and faster... I'll try making up a code for one, and see if it works. If not, the long way Bodyshop is up...
Thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 12:03 PM
Do you mean that BS takes a long time to load because you have a lot of CC? When I'm making custom stuff and testing, I take out nearly all of my CC. BS loads in about 30 seconds max - about the same as SimPE anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 10th Nov 2014 at 1:21 PM
Moved to bodyshop, as you'll likely get more accurate help.

Try using Hash Generator in Simpe. It won't create an exact hash in that format, but you should be able to get it for the last 12 digits.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 11th Nov 2014 at 2:23 PM
Default So I found my answer!
So I found my answer! After some more searching on Modthesims, I found this comment by "HystericalParoxysm" for reverse binning:

"Alternately, if you want to use SimPE to do it and apply it to the existing recolour files, you'll have to find them in your downloads, open the files, and then look under the Hairtone XML. There should be only one. Find the "family" value and copy it. Open the first Property Set (there will be one for each age) and find the "hairtone" line. Paste the "family" value from the Hairtone XML over the hairtone value in the Property Set. Commit, and repeat for each Property Set in the file. Save when you've done all of them. That'll switch that binned hair back to custom."

So I thought I would paste it here, in case someone search here in the future for answers.
I tested it, and it worked.

Btw, using the hash generator for a code, placed the hair in the custom bin, but if you click on in it in Body Shop, it hops to another hair...
Thank you for your suggestions