Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:48 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Aspiration-meter doens't respond
After installing Free Time I am experiencing this problem: The Aspiration Meter is locked at some aspiration level and whatever my sim does it won't change.

I have no hacks (not that I know) aside from the Solth Enable by Numenor and Numenor's Clothing Rack.

My system specs are ok for the game etc...

I tried the boolprop thestingcheats thingie to force a change in the aspiration level, with that the level of the meter actually changed, but then was just struck in the new position. I tired the lockaspiration cheat to lock and unlock it, but nothing happened.

Ooooh, my signature was too old, but I don't have anything to write now...
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 3:57 PM
Is this happening with just one sim or all sims? What happened when you removed your downloads folder as suggested in the FAQ?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 4:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Canoodle
Is this happening with just one sim or all sims? What happened when you removed your downloads folder as suggested in the FAQ?

All sims, and I tried it in the new 'hood too, withouth any donwload.

Née whiterider
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Mar 2008 at 10:10 PM
Annabanana!!

Did you try with a full set of clean userfiles, too?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 1:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by whiterider
Annabanana!!

Did you try with a full set of clean userfiles, too?

You think I should delete them all?

Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:27 PM
That's part of the game problems FAQ you're supposed to do prior to posting.

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:41 PM
Don't delete them - just move them. Yeah, do the clickthrough FAQ.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
That's part of the game problems FAQ you're supposed to do prior to posting.

I deleted the usual ones but not the neighbourhoods, mhe, seems I did an error here.

Super Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#9 Old 12th Mar 2008 at 4:30 PM
Dear annapic2,

Thank you for posting in the MTS2 Help section. In order to better solve your problem, please go through the following steps as listed below:

This is NOT multiple choice! You must read and go through ALL the FAQs!
  • General - Do the Game Problem FAQ
    You appear to have not gone through our main Game Help:Game Problemwiki FAQ. Please go through and do the steps on this FAQ, including any others that it links to (for example the Game Help:Game Problem-Problem Custom Contentwiki FAQ).

Usually, in the vast majority of cases, actually going through and doing the steps (doing, not just reading) fixes issues - sometimes you may be asked to remove custom content, or to patch - please rest assured that all of our FAQs have been tested by our staff and volunteers and we wouldn't suggest you do something unless it's been known to fix particular issues.

• Other FAQ
    You don't delete anything..you remove and test files. :)

Please read through all of the FAQs above! Doing only one or two of them (when more exist) will usually result in delays not fixing your particular problem.

On occasion you might be asked to do a long FAQ - please make sure you do all the steps and don't just skip over them. You'll often find that these long FAQs have all the details you need. If nothing in the above FAQs fixes your problem you may post again detail exactly which you have done and which steps failed.

Regards,
MTS2 Staff

This is a system generated message
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 11:40 AM
Re-deleted the user data, including the neighborhoods this time, error persisted (downloads folder prev iously removed).

I think I'm just going to reinstall everything.

*waves at whitey*