Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 8:21 AM
Default The Merits of Change and Sustainment...Your thoughts
For every human on Earth, we have extremely unique views.

In regards to change and sustainment, we have our thoughts.

For the Change side:
I admit I am a soda drinker and when I treat myself to a soda, I wish they go back to sugar as the sweetener and not high fructose corn syrup. HFCS actually has a dark side of messing with your brain and artificially demands more food. Sugar based sodas exist, but we pay extra for the ingredients and importing them from other countries.

I had tried stevia and monkfruit sweetened flavored drinks and drinks sweetened with just stevia and stevia isn't for everyone as some said the sweetener tastes like medicine. Monkfruit, when I tasted it with stevia, was just plain nasty.

Sugar may not have much of any nutrition, but when indulging, I rather take an inert ingredient over something giving me an appetite like PAC-MAN.

For this luxury, I demand change.

For the Sustainment side:
I am a Doll collector and the majority of the dolls are overly feminine and lively. So when Mattel decided to change Monster High after 6 years from the look to the message that once told to embrace imperfections. Apparently, trading your spine (morals) for your stomach (whatever is convenient) is now en vogue, because they look like they visited Barbie's plastic surgeons.

Now, granted, Barbie can now come in 3 new bodies, Petite, Tall and Curvy, but it only applies to the Fashionistas line.

The uniquities of Monster High were the reason for their popularity. Not my fault that someone was butthurt over the Addams Family styled jokes and analogs within the franchise.

Regarding Monster High, I demand sustainment.

Leave your thoughts below and stay within the guidelines.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 11:14 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Apr 2016 at 11:44 AM.
I think corn syrup is mainly an american thing. in Europe, sugar is usually listed on sodas. But atificial sweeteners don't automatically make sodas healthy. Several studies have even shown that some sweeteners can have an even worse effect on the body (combined with soda) than plain sugar, and that as long as the sweetener somehow gives you a rush like sugar does (yes, some do that), it's even more addicting. In any case, a smaller amount of the tastier real deal (maybe a 0.5 l bottle on a Saturday) will be better for the health than drinking a daily 1.5 l amount of sweetener-based soda (I know people who do that, and it's scary).

Why not try something else than soda? I prefer water over just about any drink, and if I'm in the mood for something else, then I'll usually drink smoothie or juice. I find it a LOT tastier than soda. Might be because I dislike bubbly drinks.

As for barbie dolls, I kinda think the Lammily dolls are great. I wish those had been a thing when I was younger. Monster High dolls? I've never bothered with it, since I'm not a doll collector (but I do have around 300 teddy bears). I do think they have much the same problems regarding proportions as Barbie dolls, though.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2016 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I think corn syrup is mainly an american thing. in Europe, sugar is usually listed on sodas. But atificial sweeteners don't automatically make sodas healthy. Several studies have even shown that some sweeteners can have an even worse effect on the body (combined with soda) than plain sugar, and that as long as the sweetener somehow gives you a rush like sugar does (yes, some do that), it's even more addicting. In any case, a smaller amount of the tastier real deal (maybe a 0.5 l bottle on a Saturday) will be better for the health than drinking a daily 1.5 l amount of sweetener-based soda (I know people who do that, and it's scary).

Why not try something else than soda? I prefer water over just about any drink, and if I'm in the mood for something else, then I'll usually drink smoothie or juice. I find it a LOT tastier than soda. Might be because I dislike bubbly drinks.

As for barbie dolls, I kinda think the Lammily dolls are great. I wish those had been a thing when I was younger. Monster High dolls? I've never bothered with it, since I'm not a doll collector (but I do have around 300 teddy bears). I do think they have much the same problems regarding proportions as Barbie dolls, though.

For the sake of clarity, I encourage you to have your own arguments for change and sustainment. What is something that you wanted changed in life and what thing that is changing that you want to remain the same?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: belongs in your social group