Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 12:49 AM
Default 2016 is sad
just lost 2 people in 2016 :/
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 2:10 AM
((hugs))

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Scholar
#3 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 2:53 AM
Aah I'm sorry to hear that xxx
Sockpuppet
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 3:54 AM
Rip Prince :/
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 22nd Apr 2016 at 4:11 AM
I Love me some Prince and went to two of his Concert during the time of the popular "PURLE RAIN" time I have all his music. I feel so sad and upset
But his music will be forever a great talent he wrote all his songs played multi instruments, singer actor, Prince is a Legend :lovestruc music, music music forever.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Instructor
#6 Old 23rd Apr 2016 at 1:50 AM
*love to everyone and all their little simmies*

For me 2016 has turned out to be almost as miserable as 2012/2013. Minus the severe bout of depression.
I hate school and I can't wait for High School to be over. I'll miss certain aspects of school that I've gotten to know the past 13 years of my life, but overall I just need to get the hell out of this place. It feels like 9th grade all over again.

/angst
Field Researcher
#7 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 2:07 AM
Hmph. I just found out my local weatherman, who's been a staple of the community forever, has passed away due to an illness. That's obviously not on the same level as Prince and Bowie, and every year thousands pass away and thousands are born, but after hearing about a coworker's mom and now this, it's like death is everywhere.

WTF 2016?
Instructor
#8 Old 24th Apr 2016 at 4:58 AM
Garth Thomas the star of the first two seasons of Blake's 7 passed away this past week. For anyone like me who grew up watching late night PBS this is sad news. Blake's 7 for those who don't know was one of those shows that was made by the BBC that had awful special effects due to the budget but made up for it with great scripts, it used to air right after Doctor Who on my PBS station and it is the main reason I have a multi-region DvD player.

This is right up there with the deaths of Nimoy and Liz Sladen for me. For a huge fan of British Sf this is a huge punch to the gut the the year is only a quarter of the way over.

My PC specs.
Windows 7 64 bit,AMD FX 4300 quad core processor, 8 gigs DDR3 ram, 1 gig Geforce 9500 graphics card, patch 1.67.2
Every time I reinstall the game I run it clean without any CC, not even the store bought stuff so it isn't CC or mods that cause me trouble.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 11:38 AM
David Bowie
Alan Rickman
Prince

Yeah, this year is starting to suck.
With my cat Socks in a kitty heaven of sorts, I find being an obituary writer to be less romantic than I did when I was 14.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Scholar
#10 Old 27th Apr 2016 at 1:56 PM
I hate to sound cold, but I've really missed out on the sadness (had plenty of sadness last year), myself. The only one of these artists I even listened to was Glenn Frey in the Eagles.

David Bowie has never been my favorite, and Prince I only knew from one song, which was nothing but 80s cheese to me, sorry. 57 is very young to die, so it's sad...

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 16th May 2016 at 8:36 PM
This is not my first time with Celebrity Death Dominos. The Summer of Death 2009 was painful. It started the week after I graduated Valedictorian in my vocational training institute.

In fact, it was the subject of an episode of South Park for Halloween and Billy Mays III, son of late spokesman Billy Mays, applauded the team for lambasting the fact we only treat celebrities with respect in death and not in life.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#12 Old 17th May 2016 at 12:07 AM
^That was especially true of Michael Jackson.

I remember my sister making fun of him within months of his passing, and then all of the sudden when he passed away she was his biggest fan, she had a CD that we forced us to listen to in the car, etc. *shakes head*

And Prince, perhaps I live under a rock, but I may have known who he was, but I certainly didn't see him talked about much, I did not see many people listing him among their favorites, etc. Perhaps it was just my own bias... Or was he really pretty much forgotten (that's harsh, but it's the best way I can word it), only to be heralded as one of the greatest pop stars ever when he died?

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 20th May 2016 at 7:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bassoon_crazy
^That was especially true of Michael Jackson.

I remember my sister making fun of him within months of his passing, and then all of the sudden when he passed away she was his biggest fan, she had a CD that we forced us to listen to in the car, etc. *shakes head*

And Prince, perhaps I live under a rock, but I may have known who he was, but I certainly didn't see him talked about much, I did not see many people listing him among their favorites, etc. Perhaps it was just my own bias... Or was he really pretty much forgotten (that's harsh, but it's the best way I can word it), only to be heralded as one of the greatest pop stars ever when he died?

I treat those whom I show affection for with the utmost respect for them regardless of life status. :lovestruc

I think in part of Prince's case may stem from his ability to record his music by playing each instrument and using his voice in separate tracks and editing in the mixing room. At least that was what I heard.