Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Space Pony
#13226 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 3:38 AM
1.2 - Newcomers

New chapter.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Advertisement
Alchemist
#13227 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 5:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AJH
Ok, I'm not entirely happy with my chapter, but I've got it done (even if it did wind up going in a completely different direction when writing that I'd intended when taking the pictures!)

http://clemetislegacy.blogspot.co.u...s-sorry-do.html

So far as the midlife crisis is concerned, I like the idea of it going under Misc Fun, and also incorporating the midlife crisis from Generations. I've had a think about the potential conflicts or issues and this is what I've come up with so far:

We'd have to remove the first suggested option of re-rolling Misc Fun - Would it be practical/desirable to replace that with re-rolling Generation Goal? Personally I'd prefer to find another roll to replace it with as otherwise it would leave you with only the Adult lifespan to complete the generation goal.

If rolled to change career and you've rolled Perfect Careers in Generation Goal then would that apply to both your original career and the re-rolled one? If not, which would it apply to? Would it be better to say that if you've rolled Perfect Careers you need to re-roll either Misc Fun or the change career roll in Midlife Crisis?

The Midlife Crisis roll to make a new purchase would conflict with Living Green if you've rolled that as your Generation Goal. Would it be better to make that a one-off exception to the Living Green conditions or re-roll the new purchase roll?

Are there any other potential Midlife Crisis rolls we could add? I've had a look at the link for the one you can get in-game, does anyone know if there's a list of the potential wishes you can receive for that anywhere? It might spark some other ideas.

We could just scrap the Sims 4 midlife crisis rolls and simply let people whose heir does not get an in game mid life crisis roll from a list of possible midlife crisis wishes. It would make things more even, I think.
I don't know of a printed list but ones I've gotten include:

Buy a car worth over $10k
Do 10k worth of home renovation (includes build & buy)
Change outfit on dresser
Get a makeover (AMB salon)
'Grow' facial hair (mirror)
Change hairstyle (mirror)
Flirt with 'someone else' (unspecified)
Flirt with *named Sim*
Get a divorce
Move house
Quit job

There are probably more, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Sims with a midlife crisis can get 1 or 2 wishes per day during the 7 day crisis, so you'd be able to ignore the life changing ones like moving and getting divorced if you wanted. But I know from experience, fulfilling 6 midlife crisis wishes is tough. I've had a few that have done it.
People who got the actual midlife crisis would have the advantage of choosing which wishes they wanted to fulfill (though being too choosy can cost you). People rolling for it would be at a disadvantage, unless we allowed them to roll twice a day and pick one of the two rolls.
Obviously the wishes involving quitting jobs and getting a divorce are problematic. We could allow for the midlife crisis to trump the family and career rolls (and any conflicting generational goal), if people opted to take those wishes. Maybe. That needs more thought. In the case of purchases in a Living Green generation, I think we could allow it. They Sim could have gotten a whole new consumerist attitude upon reaching adulthood, lol.
Top Secret Researcher
#13228 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 8:28 AM
There seem to be a lot of variables that add to the chance of a sim getting a MLC. Base chance is 10%, but things like job level, skill level, family relationship levels, and other things like divorce weigh in. Ambitious trait and commitment issue trait add more weight too. It can stack up, if I'm interpreting this right.
Scholar
#13229 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 11:43 AM
Chapter 79 , One more update then Gen 7 starts
Alchemist
#13230 Old 25th Sep 2014 at 12:49 PM Last edited by calisims : 25th Sep 2014 at 11:52 PM.
Keyneky, sorry I missed your question last night.
Yes, your Sim can sell her childhood paintings once she's reached the Artist time of her job hopper career, and then again sell the paintings made during the political phase under artist 2.
Also yes on 2, you can start your first career in the child/teen phase.

I use the in game camera to take pics. Use the tab key to get closer shots. While you are in tab mode, Q pans down, E pans up.

@Misty,
Yeah, I was pleasantly surprised by the list of factors that contribute to getting a midlife crisis, because so many of my Sims gets them and I could never figure out of it were random or what. I'd like to find a full list of possible wishes so we could make one for random rolling.
Also, despite the promise that Sims can get 1-2 MLC wishes per day. I'm pretty sure I've seen days in a crisis with no MLC wishes. Since it only lasts 7 days and a successful MLC requires 6 wishes fulfilled, it might get tough for players who got the crisis but didn't get enough wishes to fulfill. So we might allow them to roll for MLC events in the event that they didn't roll any wishes to fulfill during the day so they can make quota.
Lab Assistant
#13231 Old 26th Sep 2014 at 4:01 PM
Thanks for the info, Calisims!

My gen 3 heir, Laurel, is about to start job 4 as a politician and her 2 children, Joslyn and Balor are teens. Gen 4 rolled Full House so I plan on making Joslyn's IF real so that he can live with her as well as one of the vampires I have roaming around town because she's shown a lot of interest in him (plus if the private investigator LTW takes too long, I may have him turn her until she can complete it). Not sure if I'll be keeping her brother in the house with her or possibly moving her father in so that her mother and father can get married. All 3 of my generations have been single parents and I feel so sad for them

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Test Subject
#13232 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 12:51 AM
I just completed my RLC! The first legacy I've stuck with to the end!
I'm not going to start my next one right away, but I think I'd like to try doing a blog and a story when I do.
Happy Friday everyone : )
Field Researcher
#13233 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 9:13 AM
I like the idea of using the MLC wishes from Generations. And the idea that MLC wishes trump previous rolls makes sense to me. Maybe after the MLC is over you could choose to go back or stick with the changes, as whatever makes sense? Like, if you had rolled for divorce, they could get remarried after the crisis is over, if it seems as though the character would regret the rash decision.

@PositronicGirl congrats on finishing the challenge! How long did it take you?
Field Researcher
#13234 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 1:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by calisims
We could just scrap the Sims 4 midlife crisis rolls and simply let people whose heir does not get an in game mid life crisis roll from a list of possible midlife crisis wishes. It would make things more even, I think.
I don't know of a printed list but ones I've gotten include:

Buy a car worth over $10k
Do 10k worth of home renovation (includes build & buy)
Change outfit on dresser
Get a makeover (AMB salon)
'Grow' facial hair (mirror)
Change hairstyle (mirror)
Flirt with 'someone else' (unspecified)
Flirt with *named Sim*
Get a divorce
Move house
Quit job

There are probably more, those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.
Sims with a midlife crisis can get 1 or 2 wishes per day during the 7 day crisis, so you'd be able to ignore the life changing ones like moving and getting divorced if you wanted. But I know from experience, fulfilling 6 midlife crisis wishes is tough. I've had a few that have done it.
People who got the actual midlife crisis would have the advantage of choosing which wishes they wanted to fulfill (though being too choosy can cost you). People rolling for it would be at a disadvantage, unless we allowed them to roll twice a day and pick one of the two rolls.
Obviously the wishes involving quitting jobs and getting a divorce are problematic. We could allow for the midlife crisis to trump the family and career rolls (and any conflicting generational goal), if people opted to take those wishes. Maybe. That needs more thought. In the case of purchases in a Living Green generation, I think we could allow it. They Sim could have gotten a whole new consumerist attitude upon reaching adulthood, lol.

I quite like that idea, especially if we could find a list of midlife crisis wishes, and I agree with allowing people who roll for the wishes to roll a couple a day and pick one. I wonder if it's possible to use a mod to trigger the midlife crisis?

So far as the wishes conflicting with other rolls is concerned, I agree with letting it trump the generation goal (but only for the wish itself), for the change in jobs we could either rule it out as a wish or require a career re-roll. I'm not sure what to do about getting a divorce, but I suppose we could say that it's allowed providing your sim reverts to their original family roll once the crisis is over (so they could divorce their spouse, but they'd have to get them back afterwards).

I shall go do some searching to see if anyone's come up with a list of midlife crisis wishes (there must be some way of finding them).

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Alchemist
#13235 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 3:24 PM
While I was searching for a list of midlife crisis wishes, (with no luck so far) I did find out that Woohooer conflicts with the MLC wish to flirt with 'someone else'. You can do the extramarital flirting but the wish doesn't get fulfilled.
That happened to me recently, but I didn't realize it was because of woohooer. Anyway, that's not a huge issue, there are quite a few situations I've encountered in this game where doing a wish does not fulfill it. We'd just have to allow people to count it as done if they do it whether or not the game counts it. The sucky thing with MLC wishes is once they are locked in, you can't right click them away. Any unfulfilled ones do go away when the crisis expires, though.
Also, it will be important to note that travel automatically cancels a midlife crisis, so anyone who rolls this will have to remember not to travel during midlife crisis week.

I agree on the divorce thing, they'd have to revert back to their original family roll after the crisis. But, they could also do this by marrying someone new, not just remarrying the original spouse. The remarriage might be very difficult, actually, because the relationship will have tanked so low. In one of my wishacies, my midlife crisis sufferers got a divorce. Later, my heir wished to go on a date with his ex wife but I couldn't even get them to have a friendly conversation. There was only one interaction she would react favorably to, and the rest either made her bored or angry. And, she kept making things worse by mocking and insulting him. Hilarious, yes. But, there's was no way they were getting back together even for a date.

I don't know of any mods to trigger a MLC, there's just the list of factors that contribute to the chance. I think the reason I get it so often is my RLC Sims either marry right away or not all (either of those adds to the chance) and frequently live in the legacy house they grew up in (never moving house, adds 10% chance) and witnessing deaths is 20% chance each (my heirs will often witness the death of both grandparents before reaching adulthood). And there's a;so having a level skill. My Sims often have a skill they pick up on point on just through normal activity that they never develop. So, it all adds up.
I was kind of hoping Julian would get a midlife crisis so I could keep track of his wishes, but he didn't.

For the career change wish, the new career would have to be rolled for. And I guess we'd just have to disallow people who rolled perfect careers from fulfilling that particular wish (they could reroll to get a different wish) unless they'd already achieved the perfect career goal before getting the MLC, in which case, go for it.
Field Researcher
#13236 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 4:34 PM
While I was searching for a list of midlife crisis wishes, (with no luck so far) I did find out that Woohooer conflicts with the MLC wish to flirt with 'someone else'. You can do the extramarital flirting but the wish doesn't get fulfilled.

I've had no luck searching either, is there anyone on here who's any good at looking through the code to find stuff out?

I don't know of any mods to trigger a MLC, there's just the list of factors that contribute to the chance.

I doubt anyone's been moved to come up with a specific mod, but I was wondering if we could use MC to add the midlife crisis moodlet and if that would then trigger everything else? I may have to try that in game...

For the career change wish, the new career would have to be rolled for. And I guess we'd just have to disallow people who rolled perfect careers from fulfilling that particular wish (they could reroll to get a different wish) unless they'd already achieved the perfect career goal before getting the MLC, in which case, go for it.

I think that sounds like a reasonable option, and if anyone has rolled perfect careers and midlife crisis they'll be able to plan for trying to achieve it before the crisis (whether they'll succeed or not is another matter of course)

My name is Ali
My random legacy can be found here
Lab Assistant
#13237 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 5:40 PM
My Gen 4 heir just reached YA and I put her in the private investigator profession right away. She completed the first case without a problem and then started 4 different cases that she couldn't finish because once the first step was completed the game kept telling me the opportunity could not be completed because the target sim is missing or something to that effect. Talk about bugged!! Now I understand why solving 35 cases is going to be such a huge problem! *headdesk*

~*Keyneky*~

-Also, I can kill you with my brain.-
Alchemist
#13238 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 6:19 PM
I've completely given up on the Ambitions careers, myself. Every one of them has some bug that makes them more annoying or even downright unplayable. If you find the career is too buggy, feel free to reroll it. And I guess then you'd need to change your LTW, too. But you're allowed to do that if you end up with a buggy unplayable situation.

In other news, I posted a sort of non-chapter to my RLC. It's a just a photo album of sorts trying to catch up to where I am in game, dealing with the births and toddler stages of the Gen 2 kids. The narrative will pick up with the kids as kids, so this was just to show pics of them as toddlers before I jump ahead.

Entries from Julian's Diary
Field Researcher
#13239 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 4:44 AM
Haley has her birthday! :lovestruc Happy Birthday Cake

(Rachel grows up BEAUTIFUL!)
Field Researcher
#13240 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:21 AM
I had 'get a tattoo' as a midlife crisis wish last night (also had plan outfit - done; get a divorce, buy a car costing (loads of money), spend over $10,000 doing up the house which were all denied as I'm in gen 1 of a nothing in life is free random legacy, & we have no money or other potential spouses).

I didn't realise woohooer conflicted with flirt with someone else, I just thought I was rubbish at getting my Sims to successfully flirt with someone else!
Alchemist
#13241 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LucyBorgia
I had 'get a tattoo' as a midlife crisis wish last night (also had plan outfit - done; get a divorce, buy a car costing (loads of money), spend over $10,000 doing up the house which were all denied as I'm in gen 1 of a nothing in life is free random legacy, & we have no money or other potential spouses).

I didn't realise woohooer conflicted with flirt with someone else, I just thought I was rubbish at getting my Sims to successfully flirt with someone else!

Thanks, Lucy. In my wishacy, my heir rolled that Flirt with Someone Else during his MLC, and first I had him flirt with his mistress (he was already having an affair), and when that didn't work, I thought maybe he needs to flirt with someone who is not currently a love interest, so I had him flirt with the maid. When that didn't I thought maybe NPCs don't count (though they should) so he flirted with some random woman on the street. When that didn't work I figured it was just broken and gave up.
I'd much rather just keep woohooer and accept that I can't fulfill that one wish.
#13242 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:24 PM
I've had it work when it's someone my sim had just met and they accepted. It's the one and only time I've had that wish fulfill. I've also had Move To A Highrise as a MLC wish pop up if there are apartments in the neighborhood.

If we knew each other's secrets, what comforts we should find-
Secrets of the Sixkillers
A Random Legacy
Field Researcher
#13243 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 6:32 PM
(Possibly late on the conversation but ah well) I think that there should be the option to roll. I know in my game, I hardly ever get wishes about MLC so it'll be difficult for me to complete without the option of rolling. With my Gen 1 help, she got three I think? All I remember was it wasn't enough get the positive thingymajig.

Update: Chapter 2.26 The Only One
Also, because it feels like forever since I last brought out a chapter (and this picture is probably my favourite of the chapter :lovestruc) so I added this

eternal trash x

currently suffering through a degree, but at least i'm a woman in stem i guess

live laugh love besties x
Lab Assistant
#13244 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 7:58 PM
New chapter up: 2.8 Freaks ahoy
It's really just another talking chapter, wish I could promise something more exciting in the near future It's a lot about Oriana there, as she needs a little reconnecting with.
Field Researcher
#13245 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 8:53 PM
I have an update, too: Chapter 5.8 "Memories"

@Urunwa I'm catching up on your legacy! Still in the first generation, though.

@Carrie
Lab Assistant
#13246 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 7:03 AM
Ok, continuing to strykfågel with getting some time over to actually play the game and WRITE . Not easy with a 6mo in the house.... <3 Hope to have a chapter out soon though
A question for the road: for different of reasons the toddler-hood of my second heir was not perfect and hence I got random trait rolls. These are now ritning my planned personalities for them on the head completly. Am I allowed to change traits somehow or do I have to rethink my plan?

My Legacies:
Granite RLC
Alchemist
#13247 Old 30th Sep 2014 at 1:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bloudwedd
Ok, continuing to strykfågel with getting some time over to actually play the game and WRITE . Not easy with a 6mo in the house.... <3 Hope to have a chapter out soon though
A question for the road: for different of reasons the toddler-hood of my second heir was not perfect and hence I got random trait rolls. These are now ritning my planned personalities for them on the head completly. Am I allowed to change traits somehow or do I have to rethink my plan?

You can change traits with the happiness points reward that lets you change traits. I believe it costs 20k points so you'll need to save up.
Space Pony
#13248 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 2:16 AM
1.3 - Pregnancy Blues

New chapter. Finally went on my computer yesterday for the first time in three days. Now I'm glued to it again.

My Sims 4 Random Legacy can be found here.
My simblr .
Scholar
#13249 Old 1st Oct 2014 at 10:28 AM Last edited by Skyegal19 : 2nd Oct 2014 at 1:13 PM.
Joining the update train with Chapter 80 , Meant to Update yesterday but got in too late, last chapter of Gen 6, Gen 7 starts tomorrow. Here's Chapter 1 of Gen 7, Chapter 81
Field Researcher
#13250 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 2:14 PM
Guys, I have a question about Idle Careers. I have another RL save that I play when I don't want to focus on a storyline and in that legacy the heir rolled Idle Careers and Rock Star as his career. I know the rules say we're not allowed to level the skills required for the career, but are we allowed the level those skills before the career requires it? Like I know logic is a required skill for the Music career (because I played the career before), but it doesn't actually show as a required skill yet in my heir's career tab. So would I be allowed to level it until it appears as a requirement, or will that be cheating?

Call me Ann, or ConDre/condre.

_~...~_
Page 530 of 676