Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#26 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mswilson2007
Lol...I was reading this thread and the picture above just randomly loaded and actually startled me.

Was way too big, sorry about that, I shrunk it

Quote: Originally posted by babele44
Those who have zombies during the day, did these spawn in daylight or are these "full moon night zombies" that remained active after 6am?
I'm asking because I think I found one reason why there might be zombies during the day:
Usually zombies that spawn during a full moon are healed as soon as the sun rises (6am in Sunset Valley). If, however, you save during the full moon and reload with some zombies around, the lunar cycle resets to something before or after full moon and then turns these zombies into a different breed, i.e. those under a zombification spell which then lasts for 2 days.

Interesting find, Babele. However, at least some of mine spawned in the daytime... that is, that's when they emerged from the ground... dunno if it's possible that the same zombie can "re-emerge" under some circumstances, I haven't kept track of who exactly they are.

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible that overactive zombies are related to the gatherer trait :O My witch is a gatherer, and collectible spawners are crazy for her... spawn every couple hours... is it possible that the zombie spawning code is related to that?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:28 PM
If you have testingcheatsenabled on, you can right click on your mailbox and you can add or remove supernaturals. Unfortunately, if you remove zombies it's only a temporary fix, and zombies will continue to spawn otherwise.

"It sucks because the vampires don't run fast enough. Lets be realistic - any vampire could run at leas a 4.5 40. These guys ran somewhere between a 4.8.-4.9."
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#28 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 7:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi

Interesting find, Babele. However, at least some of mine spawned in the daytime... that is, that's when they emerged from the ground... dunno if it's possible that the same zombie can "re-emerge" under some circumstances, I haven't kept track of who exactly they are.

Hmm, I wonder if it's possible that overactive zombies are related to the gatherer trait :O My witch is a gatherer, and collectible spawners are crazy for her... spawn every couple hours... is it possible that the zombie spawning code is related to that?
Don't know, but I have also noticed an increased re-spawn rate of all spawners with a perfectly ordinary Sim. When I sent Christopher Steele to spend the day in the Elixir Shop in Sunset Valley he was able to "harvest" the butterfly spawners there three times before nighttime.
When did those zombies spawn in the daytime? I had my first one at 6pm during a full moon in Central Park, but never before. It hit Styles McGraw, btw, he did not crawl from under ground but merely changed from normal to green while sitting at a picnic table, and he reverted back to normal at 6am straight. Resident Sims seem to just change while homeless Sims have been the only ones to rise from the ground in my games.
Test Subject
#29 Old 7th Sep 2012 at 8:08 PM
Like I said, I've had them spawn during the day, and not on full moon days... And it's a continual thing... It's annoying... and of course EA didn't allow us to turn them off permanently... Yes there's the mod listed in this thread.. but still...

And it's really weird to have your active sim household show up on the lot as zombies, as well as being there normally..

The One,
The Only,
The Original,
Cyber-Surfer - The Ghost in the World's Virtual Machine
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Following Aeval's suggestion, making a thread about how to turn off zombies, since that seemst o be the most common concern about SPN.

There's a mod by blugenjutsu at TFM's Naughty Sims Asylum here: http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...or-the-zombies/

You do need an account on that forum to read threads. Plenty of great mods over there, particularly tuning mods, so I'd recommend it anyway

I haven't tried this mod yet... there's a bunch of zombies that come over every night to chew on the wild mushrooms that grow outside my garden fence, but I just ignore em However, that could definitely get old eventually so I'll probably be putting it in, at least unless I decide to play a zombie-centric game at some point.

Thank you !
Test Subject
#31 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:33 AM
I'm going to try building a fence with gates that I can lock to everyone but my household and see if that keeps those lame zombies from my beautiful garden~

At first, I used Toadification on them, then they started growing immune to it! So I set them on fire.

Edit: It works! They yell because they can't route.

But what if they spawn INSIDE the fence? :/
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#32 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by megstows
But what if they spawn INSIDE the fence? :/

I still have yet to have that happen, and I have four or five zombies around my house (which is on a small lot) all the time, day and night, through every moon phase :p

I have a theory that zombies need a certain amount of space to emerge... so if you have an evenly planted garden, they won't find enough adjacent clear tiles. Just a guess... but if it's true, it gives you a way to prevent them spawning anywhere by using placeholder objects.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 12:59 PM
I love the no zombie mod. I do not miss them at all. they didn't just climb out of my garden. they climbed out of the ground anywhere on my lot. a place holder to keep them from spawning would make for a very crowded lot. Here's hoping EA releases a patch to inhibit the number of spawned zombies. Once in a while would be ok, but the zombies were more numerous than the stray cats and dogs!
Instructor
#34 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 5:35 PM
I love this mod too, especially, because I rather play with big families, that lives in several houses. I can't stand the fact, that neighbours related with my active family may became mutants or undead...
Scholar
#35 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ksstrek
...Here's hoping EA releases a patch to inhibit the number of spawned zombies. Once in a while would be ok...

I have such a mod...
http://www.simscrossing.net/smf/index.php?topic=898
Test Subject
#36 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 6:42 PM
Is anyone cooking up a zombie reduction mod? I don't want to completely rid my game of them but I will use the mod if it's the only option (aside from the second mod listed to kill or cure them). My witch Sim hasn't found the cure for them yet and she's a school teacher so she doesn't have much free time to being with. :P

EDIT: Guess I should've continued pass the front page xD
Trying out the above mod now! Hopefully I get the results I long for.
Instructor
#37 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cameranutz2
I have such a mod...

Thank you very much, indeed a long awaited mod.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 7:24 PM
I have such a mod...

Will give this a try...haven't seen any zombillies in 5 sim days, though..maybe because I'm running Master Controller.

Simulis
απολαυστικά κακό
Alchemist
#39 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
For those who would prefer retaining zombies, there is a mod here which uses the Moodlet Manager reward item to kill zombies by fire, or cure them, whichever is preferred.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...killer-or-cure/

Thank you so much! I love this mod, utterly.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#40 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:28 AM
First official response on the issue:
Quote: Originally posted by SimGuruHydra
Hi Simmers,

We've been reading your feedback on the zombie invasions and have some tips to help you:
1. Turn off the full moon in the Lunar Cycle
2. Avoid saving your game during a full moon (between 5PM to 8PM the night of a full moon)
3. You can also try the tip mentioned in the Supernatural Hints & Tips blog post (if you haven't already): http://www.thesims3.com/community/b...l?blogid=453252

In the meantime, we are looking into a fix to alleviate the extra zombie spawns if you saved your game during a full moon.
http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/po...91.page#9429087
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 1:59 AM
I just do this when they show up, lol
Screenshots

“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."
Alchemist
#42 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 2:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by babele44

I appreciate that, babele44, thanks. I will be trying the mailbox tip very soon.
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 7:12 PM
I wish someone would make a zombie INCREASE mod. I dont know why this is but I've been through several full moods and I've only seen a grand total of TWO zombies. Its been pretty lackluster, i wonder how most people seem to have major zombie problems and I, who would love tons of zombies everywhere just arent getting any.
Top Secret Researcher
#44 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LordRikerQ
I wish someone would make a zombie INCREASE mod.

You should install [Vector] then, and enable one of the zombie virus modules.

Get plenty of zombies that way.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#45 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AzaraGore
EDIT: Guess I should've continued pass the front page xD
Trying out the above mod now! Hopefully I get the results I long for.

So I've downloaded the mod that changes the amount of zombies in the game (I used the 25% flavor) and I also downloaded the Mood Modifier Cure or Zap mod, both work heavenly! I hardly see zombies and they cure zombies for the most part. I still have a Sim or two resisting or changing back into a zombie the next night.
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#46 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:36 PM Last edited by Srikandi : 16th Sep 2012 at 9:29 PM.
Should probably add this new mod to this thread: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=486331 It prevents full moon zombie spawning.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 13th Sep 2012 at 10:55 PM
I have such a mod...

Thank you so much! All of a sudden I have the game spawn about 10 zombies in just a couple of sim hours and I hated it! Will try your mod with 0% spawning for now

-I Hate being obvious. All fangs and "grrr"! Takes the mystery out. Spike "Buffy The Vampire Slayer"
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 14th Sep 2012 at 1:13 AM
There's always one sure fire way to get rid of them. Save your sims to the library... start over in a new game. lol. I did that, now my zombie population is under control. I don't save the game on full moon days. I wait until the next morning to save or save the day before it becomes a full moon.
Test Subject
#49 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 3:44 AM
Zombies were a cool idea in the beginning. But then they started spawning 4-5 at a time. Then they started spawning 7-8 at a time and finally spawning during the day.

Now I have a total of 8 zombies on my lawn during the day, on the new moon. Unfortunately my family is Fairies and they are pretty much helpless so I've been keeping them locked in the house. Plus I have 2 newborns. >.<

This zombie thing is getting a tad out of control and I wish I could just turn them off.
Mad Poster
#50 Old 16th Sep 2012 at 3:07 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 16th Sep 2012 at 3:58 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lotus_Kiss
This zombie thing is getting a tad out of control and I wish I could just turn them off.
There have been some great suggestions, both for game play and for mods/cheats, given in this thread. Have you tried any of them, yet?

Quote: Originally posted by babel44
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimGuruHydra
Hi Simmers,

We've been reading your feedback on the zombie invasions and have some tips to help you:
1. Turn off the full moon in the Lunar Cycle
2. Avoid saving your game during a full moon (between 5PM to 8PM the night of a full moon)
3. You can also try the tip mentioned in the Supernatural Hints & Tips blog post (if you haven't already): http://www.thesims3.com/community/b...l?blogid=453252

In the meantime, we are looking into a fix to alleviate the extra zombie spawns if you saved your game during a full moon.
Thank you so much for the link to this page. I will definitely try this way of saving the game when I start a new town and will clean out the one I have now.

But I also so want to try this:

I have such a mod...
This is awesome! Thank you so much! I love that you offered choices in the amount of spawnage.

Oh, and Shimrod101 - This object is going in right away. I can't get to the page right now that gives instructions in how to cut down an already thriving population of zombies and I quite like the idea of restoring them to human form. I haven't noticed if any of them are actually turning back as they are supposed to. I suspect that they are not.
Quote: Originally posted by Shimrod101
For those who would prefer retaining zombies, there is a mod here which uses the Moodlet Manager reward item to kill zombies by fire, or cure them, whichever is preferred.
http://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.php...killer-or-cure/

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Page 2 of 4