Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 17th May 2017 at 2:45 AM
One thing I learned, try leaving the traits up to the random generator sometimes. Hit the randomizer button and built a story around that. For example, in the 4th generation of my legacy, I ended up with a loner, loves outdoors, green thumb sim. So moved her out onto a farm on the outskirts of town.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:06 AM
Pertaining to the OP - who else replaces all the townies first before playing in a new town? I always, always boot out the premade sims and move in my own creations. And yes, it does come down to the fact that to me, the premade sims are not interesting enough in that I'm not invested, I neither know nor care about their personalities or backstories...

omnis mundi creatura
Top Secret Researcher
#28 Old 17th May 2017 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kin.gyo1413
Pertaining to the OP - who else replaces all the townies first before playing in a new town? I always, always boot out the premade sims and move in my own creations. And yes, it does come down to the fact that to me, the premade sims are not interesting enough in that I'm not invested, I neither know nor care about their personalities or backstories...

I agree! I have a large bunch of pre-made sims. I play a populated world, but I don't care about the pre-made sims. I don't know 'em and finding out who they are is tedious and they have no significance to me.

I think I'm going to take your suggestion and just boot 'em all out, or use some of Rflong7's unpopulated worlds and move my crew in.
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 25th May 2017 at 5:36 PM
Double post but it's been 9 days... not sure that's makes it excusable...

I have one world totally populated by me. Aadams Family, the Bewitched family (not so hard as it was in Moonlight falls), Gilligan's Island, and sims that only have meaning to me.

Game came to a crawl! Had to get rid of about 20 of them. My game runs well with 112.

Lesson learned: Put Witch families in a world for SN, put science fiction families (what's that Jetson's family in ITF? I renamed them..) in the Science world, Island folks in an IP game, etc. Don't stuff 'em all in one world and then just play the families that fit the theme.

Really, I'm impressed I could find, pirate and create so many character that interest me.
Page 2 of 2