Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:04 PM
Default Origin or Steam?
Does Steam install 1.69 or 1.67?

I've just about had it with Origin. Another game mucked up because 1.69 "forgets" which EP/SP's I've selected and I forget too! The thing is, Computers are supposed to be good at remembering things, and 1.69 isn't.

"Any Game Starter" by jonha, and the other game starter program which I've also used and now the name escapes me (because, of course, I'm not a computer and thus bad at remembering things) worked Great with 1.67. You'd think if Origin/EA were going to rip off mods, they'd AT LEAST do it right.

So, I was wondering... perhaps if I got the Steam version of Sims 3 the any game starters might work. Anyone know if Steam installs 1.67 or another version that works with Any Game Starter?

Or how to roll back a NEW install of Sims 3 from Origin (which has to be 1.69) to 1.67?

Edit: What happens is that sims with traits from a EP that you forget to include just disappear! I thought they'd get a empty trait slot. Nope! He's gone! This NPC that was central to my game just upped and disappeared. If you save after they disappear, well, they're gone for good.
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 11th May 2017 at 6:17 PM
I don't need to worry about Origin, and I have 1.67. It seems to me what you need is just to roll it back. The anygamestarter is from ralphaelninja and is called gameselector.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2017 at 8:32 PM
There is no way to rollback an Origin install that is already at 1.69 to 1.67 and no way to install from Origin and not accept 1.69 any longer. The only way to do this is to perform a fresh reinstall using all discs, no Origin based base game or EP/SPs at all, featuring a base game disc that was manufactured before Sept. 2012.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Patch+1.69

Or, if this is within reach (I've been annoyed at 1.69 for different reasons and so tempted to go there myself when Steam has those 80% off or whatever sales)...

Steam installs 1.67 only. There is no 1.69 for Steam.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:02 AM
Kewl... I have two Sims 3 disks, one is 2009 and the other is 2012. I tried to install without 1.67 on this "new" computer and couldn't do it.

Wonder if I deleted it and re-installed from my older disk?
dodgy builder
#5 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:55 AM Last edited by Volvenom : 12th May 2017 at 10:20 AM.
If you install from disc without net, they can't do anything, then you just need the right superpatcher file for 1.67. I might have it on my comp, I just have to fire it up.

It's too big for mts, so I'm uploading it for Onedrive

Superpatcher 1.67
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 12th May 2017 at 1:01 PM
When you install from 2009 disk and they ask you to download the EA download manager - just click no. The game will install fine, you can use the launcher, too. In later EP versions when the installation wizard offers to install Origin - again click no.

When you start the launcher you will get a message that it's not able to connect - hooray
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 12th May 2017 at 4:53 PM
Well, my path is clear... delete and install from my older 2009 disk. I have disks for all my favorite EPs and SPs as well...

Something to do this weekend, or later on today.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 12th May 2017 at 9:07 PM
The Steam version is 1.67, and remains there. (I am quite sure because this is the version I have and play.) One note: you can register Steam editions at Origin/the Sims 3 store (who am I to turn down freebies?) but you can't register Origin codes for Sims 3/DLC at Steam.