Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 4:37 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default My dogs can poof off fence.
I tried to look this up on the internet but I didn't find it.

So, my Sim family have 3 dogs, all of them can poof off their fences when they are trying to interact with their owners. Like, when my sim got back from work or when his kids got back from school, they'll just "poof" to the other side of the house to greet them (then weirdly enough, peed there before finding a corner to stuck in. If I have to go into greater detail on how they get stuck, but I think that's the base game navigation error because the dogs stuck in the corner of the house but the word bubble for stucking said the shrub blocked their path when in actuality, the shrub outside of the house) They didn't run out off the fences because all the doors are locked for pets. Today, I even went as far as to round them up & walled them off but they still poofed out. I didn't notice this problem before because my sim used to have 1 dog, they just moved to a bigger house. I don't know if it's a mod conflict or what, most of my mods are outfits, hair or skin mods. The few that aren't in the categories are items like vehicles or furniture, some scripts to decrease phone calls, upgrade time & shops but nothing for pets. This family doesn't have a teleporter so they are not supposed to teleport, right? Life time items this family have is just pet hygienator & the bed, so why is this even happening.

I've got
Base game 1.67.2.024017
World Adventures 2.0.86.002017 (Just got it today, but the problem exist even before world adventures)
Ambitions 4.0.87.006017
Late Night 6.0.81.009017
Pets 10.0.96.013017

Hope I have provided sufficient information.

Sorry, I'm still new to the sims.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:03 PM
Remove all mods and play if the problem is still there.

Then add one mod and play again.

And do it again untill the problem appears.

Be sure all the mods you are using are compatible with version 1.67.

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 6:37 PM
Hmm...
I'll try to remove the recent ones I've download first because that's the time I was starting to noticed it, also the rest are hairs or skin mods which takes the majority of what I have. So this might be a stupid question, can I simply remove all the files in "Package" & the game will still work fine? Or will there be any problems doing that?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:29 PM
If you're talking about mods in mods directory, yes. The game would run fine without them.

But if you remove package files from elsewhere, OUCH!

My flash animation
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/eflash.htm

A Christmas day at 25o Celcius
http://robingravel.byethost15.com/noel2014.htm
A girl whiches a warm day at Christmas.
Instructor
#5 Old 16th Oct 2014 at 10:42 PM
Have you tried starting a new save and see if the dogs "poof off" in that? Sometimes I have weird glitches, like kids not aging or can't buy from stores etc. I have't been able to fix those, so I just have to start a new save.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:15 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 17th Oct 2014 at 9:59 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
Have you tried starting a new save and see if the dogs "poof off" in that? Sometimes I have weird glitches, like kids not aging or can't buy from stores etc. I have't been able to fix those, so I just have to start a new save.

That's a great idea, maybe I should do that. Guess I'll create a new save & start a new family, see what happens.

EDIT
Just made a new family, I noticed that if I change my family, the dogs will get out off the fence on their own even if the doors aren't locked. I didn't see them teleporting though, not sure if it's because they didn't have kids.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 5:26 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 17th Oct 2014 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by robingravel
If you're talking about mods in mods directory, yes. The game would run fine without them.

But if you remove package files from elsewhere, OUCH!

Alright, just copied everything out to see if it solves anything. Hope the cause isn't a hair mod coz that's gonna ruin a couple of sims I've downloaded from here...

EDIT
Just tried, it still poofed out. Also tried Download folder, still didn't work.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
That's a great idea, maybe I should do that. Guess I'll create a new save & start a new family, see what happens.

EDIT
Just made a new family, I noticed that if I change my family, the dogs will get out off the fence on their own even if the doors aren't locked. I didn't see them teleporting though, not sure if it's because they didn't have kids.

I went and tried this myself. They do poof off in my games also. One question, do you have Nraas Overwatch? I think Overwatch "fixes" stuck sims, whether really are stuck or not. In this case, the dog thinks it's stuck becouse in can't find an exit and thus complains until the game poofs off them somewhere else.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Lonerbum : 22nd Oct 2014 at 7:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by miarell
I went and tried this myself. They do poof off in my games also. One question, do you have Nraas Overwatch? I think Overwatch "fixes" stuck sims, whether really are stuck or not. In this case, the dog thinks it's stuck becouse in can't find an exit and thus complains until the game poofs off them somewhere else.

Hmm.. Nope, I don't have Overwatch, but I guess I'll install it now.

Oh I also noticed I've been making a typo, it's pretty late where I live. I was trying to say that the dogs can still get out off fence even if the doors ARE locked.

EDIT
OK, I installed Overwatch. It worked, kinda. I received massive lag in my game while the mod is on, the dog poofed once, I didn't know what to do so I resetsim command & it didn't happen again...
yet...
my sim's daughter just got a job so she'll be leaving & returning home a lot, so I guess I'll get to see more if they'll still poof.

UPDATE
I've been watching, the poofing decreased to almost never. I saw it happened twice instead of all the time so I guess that's a good change. However, I found something else. So I switch to my other sim who live in Bridgeport, the mixologist will poof out of the juice station & sometimes my sim got poof off her apartment if she pick up her phone too close to the wall.