Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2014 at 7:21 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default The Sims 3 options menu is frozen
My Sims 3 game has had the following bugs for the last few months now...

1. Every time I start up the game particular game options reset and can't be changed such as enabling autonomy for pets, changing reflection quality, setting the temperature to Celsius and every option in the final page. The most annoying however is that the sim age span resets to 0 with every start up.
2. When in-game, the walls will maximize at random every so often.

Firstly, I have digital copies of the base game, Ambitions, Generations, High End Loft Stuff, Island Paradise, Late Night, Pets, Seasons, Town Life and University installed and my game is patched to version 1.67.
I've tried reinstalling the base game and expansions, but the options problem still persists. I've also done the DEP trick and tweaked the Options.ini file to no avail. I have lots of custom content installed, but it's all compressed using the s3pe, fixed for Pets and checked for corrupt files using Sims3Dashboard. I also use the Save_Cleaner before each start-up and delete the cache files.
I've gone through the Game Problem and Crashing check lists, but the problem still exists.

I have a desktop computer running Windows 8.
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4440 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.88 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor
I also have an AMD Radeon R9 200 Series graphics card which is now being recognized by the game.

Thanks,
Carla