Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 8:43 AM Last edited by GlamourSims : 18th Feb 2013 at 8:35 AM.
Default Bridgeport CRASHES (Issue Resolved?) (Possibly bad graphics card given new info...)
Hey all,
So here's the thing: when I tried to load my Bridgeport game it did that thing where it Crashes and goes to the desktop, I tried removing mods and CC none of it worked. I read about the fix for it but thought I'd go about it differently. Since I hadn't done much in Bridgeport I figured I'd delete it and make it again. SUCCESS! I was in and I scanned for any lot that was Ambitions related . . . there was nothing.

so I made my sim and moved him into his new home. It was great, the sun was shining, the water looked great, all was right with the world. So I decided to see if the game would crash again if I loaded it. I went back to the main menu and reloaded Bridgeport. Not a single problem! . . . well . . . LOADING that is, however Bridgeport was NOT as I remember leaving it. The Sun wasn't bright, in fact nothing was, for a moment I thought I had somehow skipped to nighttime, but low and behold the clock read 11AM. 11AM and it was practically nighttime, this was funny seeing as how I left it in a much brighter state when I had saved it :/ *sighs*

Well, I exit to the desktop, relaunch the game, go back into Bridgeport and suddenly its bright again (well . . . bright for Bridgeport in any case)

And so I turned to the one place I know people band together to discuss these sorts of things and it led me here: ModTheSims
So, has anyone else notice this happen in their game?
Is it a bug or just some random "nature" of the city?

(BTW I hoped you liked my dramatic retelling of the story )

EDIT THAT: I just relaunched the game a second time and when I try to load Bridgeport it crashes again to the desktop =.= *sighs*
I used the Crash Log Analyzer and it say likely cause as WARNING Update Available: World Adventures, Late Night
My game is fully up to date so I'm kinda at a loss :/

Edit 2: So I found the patches online for both WA and LN and installed them, all should be fine now right? wrong! I go back to load Bridgeport and it STILL crashes and this time the Crash Log Analyzer says it's custom content >.< So I ran the game using the option to run it without CC and even removed my Mods folder and it STILL crashes when I try to load Bridgeport. I don't know what else to do other than possibly a clean reinstall thought I don't see why that would work considering when I tried the trick where you remove your sims 3 folder and make brdigeport and look for Ambitions lots I don't see ANY of them, no fire station, no dumpsite, nothing!! I don't REALLY want to go through the easily 2 hour process of uninstalling and reinstalling everything so before I do does anyone have ANY suggestions?

Crash Log Analyzer now says Unknown and here's the data it gives me to copy

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz
Processor Architecture: AMD64
Graphics Processor: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family (320 MiB)

Games Installed: The Sims™ 3 (1.48.5.020001), The Sims™ 3 World Adventures (2.17.2.011037), The Sims™ 3 Ambitions (4.10.1.011031), The Sims™ 3 Late Night (6.5.1.011037), The Sims™ 3 Generations (8.0.152.011001), The Sims™ 3 Showtime (12.0.273.015017), The Sims™ 3 Katy Perry's Sweet Treats (13.0.62.016001), The Sims™ 3 Supernatural (15.0.135.018001), The Sims™ 3 Seasons (16.0.136.019001)
Custom Content: Yes (5 found)

[UNKNOWN] 2/16/2013 4:26:59 AM
OS Version: 6.0.6002
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.195
Installed RAM: 7.99 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 2.61 GiB / 4.00 GiB
Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000f618
Crash Address: 0x05423e20 "C:\Windows\system32\igdumd32.dll":0x0001:0x002e2e20

[UNKNOWN] 2/16/2013 4:32:46 AM
OS Version: 6.0.6002
TS3 Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Game\Bin\TS3W.exe
TS3 Version: 0.2.0.195
Installed RAM: 7.99 GiB
TS3 Free VM: 2.65 GiB / 4.00 GiB
Crash Type: ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x0000f620
Crash Address: 0x04c94da5 "C:\Windows\system32\igdumd32.dll":0x0001:0x00003da5
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 2:16 PM
When you tried CC free, did you remember to delete cache files? You can't go CC free unless you do that because they hold data about your CC.

Also, I'm no tech wiz by far - and anyone is welcome to correct me at anytime - but that graphic chip you have... there are players back at the official forum having problems with it because it's not supported. Have you done the CanYouRunIt -test?
http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri
Site Helper
#3 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 4:09 PM
Can you run it isn't reliable. Comparing it to the System Requirements page here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements works better. (CanYouRunIt said my integrated graphics chip was good enough. It isn't.)

ETA: That one isn't, either. None of them are.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Feb 2013 at 5:04 PM Last edited by GlamourSims : 16th Feb 2013 at 11:14 PM.
Considering my graphics card is integrated and given the list Ghost gave me everything I have is a no LOL!
But yes, CanYouRunIt says I can and so far every other neighborhood works (for the most part, still some lag here and there but nothing major)
I've tried deleting and remaking Bridgeport (via the instructions of removing the sims3 folder and yada yada yada) and it's like I can run Bridgeport TWICE,
But on the third time onwards it just crashes. I've seen instructions on how to add LN to the DEP and might try doing that.
But I appreciate you guy's help so far

Edit: and yes, when I tried CC Free I deleted the Caches

A Brief Update: I moved my Sims3 folder to the desktop and ran the game again to let it generate the new Sims3 folder.
I moved in a family and launched the game/Bridgeport 3 times and all seems well I even switched to another active household and so far no crashing.
Maybe this was a weird Mod/CC issue although I don't see how considering I even tried the game without all them before :S
But hey, I'll take it at this point. If it continues to work then I'll just SLOWLY start moving things like Mods & CC back into the game.
I may have to abandon my previous families and all that hard work for their achievements TT_____TT but at least I saved a copy of my sims I made :3

Quick question though: Since what I did was move out the Sims3 Folder and let the game generate a new one does that mean the game isn't patched or does the patching get installed into the programs(x86) folder ? Sorry if that makes me sound UBER noobish but I just want to make sure that I didn't mess up anything by doing this The reason I ask is because when I go to my Downloads Dashboard and I install a store item it goes through that whole "there is a store patch would you like to install it" I say yes and two seconds later it says I'm good to go. I just don't want to have "un-patched" anything about the game if it patches to the Sims 3 Documents folder ^^;;

Another Thought: I had only just recently got Late Night, World Adventures, & Showtime from Origin when they had the simtasitc 13th anniversary sale. I had already had all other EPs (excluding Pets) installed and the only SP I have is Sweet Treats. Once I bought the other 3 EPs from Origin I had installed them. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with maybe having installed those EPs when I already had other saved games and that's why it crashed (in some weird way) but now that I let the game generate a "fresh" sims 3 folder it doesn't "notice" that they were installed out of order? (I'm just grasping at straws here )

NEW INFO: I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I've been slowly putting things back into my game like all my store content and a few Mods but no CC so far and I've loaded the game each time and gone into Bridgeport to one of the random families the game his in its bin. Everytime I've loaded it's been fine! So I decided before I put any CC back into the game, what if I choose my saved sim and put him back in? I had made a sim of me back when I first got the game and I had Supernatural at the time so I had made myself a witch sim. In every other town afterward I'd use my saved witch sim so I could have a "me" in every neighborhood but while in CAS I'd change myself as far as clothing and Life Time Goals and traits, and would have to go through the WHOLE processes of fixing my face, nose, ears, eyes, ALL over again (it took me an hour to make myelf the first time and I did a DANG good job ) Anyways, I repeated this process (like I always do) and changed my witch to a human and gave him new traits and clothes that were from the Late Night EP and even gave myself the Director Life Time Goal. What's weird is that when I clicked the goal the first time it didn't seem to take it since when I clicked to "finish" creating my sim it said I didn't choose a life time goal. SOOO I had to find it again in the list and chose it again and then I hit finished and all was good. I evicted the "test" family from the house I had before and put my sim me in there, saved and quited and loaded the game again. Bridgeport loaded and I was happy but decided to try and launch it again JUST-IN-CASE before I started putting any CC back in. Sure enough the second time I loaded the game/Bridgeport it crashed I take it it must be my sim? But I don't know why, he works fine in EVERY other town I edit him in. He uses NO CC! I made him with ALL EA based content. Any thoughts?

Add to the last thought: It actually crashes when I replace the "test" family with ANY family! Even another EA bin family! like I can replace them and that will work but as soon as I try to load the game again it crashes. But I can load it as MANY times as I want with the family I was just testing it with . . . there are only a handful of mods (like no mosaic, no intro, OMPS, just really SIMPLE mods ) and no CC and the only stuff I did install was some free EA store items as well as the worlds Riverview and Monte Vista . . . could that be the problem??? It would be very odd if it were...
Revision: Well I went back to the back up folder I had made when there was no Mods or Store content (including Monte Vista & Riverview) and I was able to switch my test family with another EA family, reload the game and it still worked, So I put in my saved sims and adjusted my sims, saved and quited, relaunched and it crashes Why? this was at the point in time where there was NO mods or store content all just game content . . . plus my saved sims.
this is getting frustrating cuz I can't pin point the problem now

At my wits end: so I RE-placed my backup folder where there were no Mods, no CC, no Store content, no Save Sims, I went to my test family, switched them out with another EA bin family restarted once, great, restarted twice, CRASH! I am VERY much at a loss at this point, my only other option seems to be to try and uninstall and re-install everything though I've read that doing that doesn't work for some people too I guess the only alternative is that I can just never play with Bridgeport

.... and yet if all I do is keep loading my test family the game works fine, just not when I switch them out with ANY other sim(s) which makes things even weirder cuz when I VERY first made Bridgeport the first "family" I had made was my sim me and when I did the test here this was the first sim family I made. But my first one crashed and this one can be loaded as many times as I want without crashing

WOAH!: I think I figured it out . . . it was the HOUSE that was cursed!!! Seriously! Instead of swapping out families again I just kept hopping from house to house and reloading the game and it was fine! I finally worked my way over to a high-rise, put in a random family loaded the game again and it still worked, I then put in my savedSims folder redid my beautiful sim and put them in the high rise and loaded the game twice so far without a hitch!
I'm going to try it now with the store content in it and report my findings!

CONFIRMED! IT WAS THE HOUSE!!! I tried out my sim me in a high rise with the back up I made where it was only store content and a few mods and no crash! I then put back my ORIGINAL Sims 3 folder (with all my lovely sims and their accomplishments) and I deleted my old Bridgeport, made a new one, edited my saved sim, moved them into a high rise, saved and quited and restarted the game 3 times and not ONCE has it crashed The pattern of my clothes is slightly blurred from what they looked like in CAS but I can deal with that! (there's also a weird issue where my sims face is brighter than the rest of their head which has only ever happened to me in Twinbrook, all other sims of me have their faces the same color has the rest of them). But YAY!! I can now finally play Bridgeport! And for those of you who are curious about what the evil house was, IT WAS CABIN POINT! I condemn that house!! D8<
I hope at the very least this helps some people out there who may be experiencing this issue and are using this house! Never again shall I move a sim into it!
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GlamourSims
Considering my graphics card is integrated and given the list Ghost gave me everything I have is a no LOL!
But yes, CanYouRunIt says I can and so far every other neighborhood works (for the most part, still some lag here and there but nothing major)
I've tried deleting and remaking Bridgeport (via the instructions of removing the sims3 folder and yada yada yada) and it's like I can run Bridgeport TWICE,
But on the third time onwards it just crashes. I've seen instructions on how to add LN to the DEP and might try doing that.
But I appreciate you guy's help so far

Edit: and yes, when I tried CC Free I deleted the Caches

A Brief Update: I moved my Sims3 folder to the desktop and ran the game again to let it generate the new Sims3 folder.
I moved in a family and launched the game/Bridgeport 3 times and all seems well I even switched to another active household and so far no crashing.
Maybe this was a weird Mod/CC issue although I don't see how considering I even tried the game without all them before :S
But hey, I'll take it at this point. If it continues to work then I'll just SLOWLY start moving things like Mods & CC back into the game.
I may have to abandon my previous families and all that hard work for their achievements TT_____TT but at least I saved a copy of my sims I made :3

Quick question though: Since what I did was move out the Sims3 Folder and let the game generate a new one does that mean the game isn't patched or does the patching get installed into the programs(x86) folder ? Sorry if that makes me sound UBER noobish but I just want to make sure that I didn't mess up anything by doing this The reason I ask is because when I go to my Downloads Dashboard and I install a store item it goes through that whole "there is a store patch would you like to install it" I say yes and two seconds later it says I'm good to go. I just don't want to have "un-patched" anything about the game if it patches to the Sims 3 Documents folder ^^;;

Another Thought: I had only just recently got Late Night, World Adventures, & Showtime from Origin when they had the simtasitc 13th anniversary sale. I had already had all other EPs (excluding Pets) installed and the only SP I have is Sweet Treats. Once I bought the other 3 EPs from Origin I had installed them. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with maybe having installed those EPs when I already had other saved games and that's why it crashed (in some weird way) but now that I let the game generate a "fresh" sims 3 folder it doesn't "notice" that they were installed out of order? (I'm just grasping at straws here )

NEW INFO: I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I've been slowly putting things back into my game like all my store content and a few Mods but no CC so far and I've loaded the game each time and gone into Bridgeport to one of the random families the game his in its bin. Everytime I've loaded it's been fine! So I decided before I put any CC back into the game, what if I choose my saved sim and put him back in? I had made a sim of me back when I first got the game and I had Supernatural at the time so I had made myself a witch sim. In every other town afterward I'd use my saved witch sim so I could have a "me" in every neighborhood but while in CAS I'd change myself as far as clothing and Life Time Goals and traits, and would have to go through the WHOLE processes of fixing my face, nose, ears, eyes, ALL over again (it took me an hour to make myelf the first time and I did a DANG good job ) Anyways, I repeated this process (like I always do) and changed my witch to a human and gave him new traits and clothes that were from the Late Night EP and even gave myself the Director Life Time Goal. What's weird is that when I clicked the goal the first time it didn't seem to take it since when I clicked to "finish" creating my sim it said I didn't choose a life time goal. SOOO I had to find it again in the list and chose it again and then I hit finished and all was good. I evicted the "test" family from the house I had before and put my sim me in there, saved and quited and loaded the game again. Bridgeport loaded and I was happy but decided to try and launch it again JUST-IN-CASE before I started putting any CC back in. Sure enough the second time I loaded the game/Bridgeport it crashed I take it it must be my sim? But I don't know why, he works fine in EVERY other town I edit him in. He uses NO CC! I made him with ALL EA based content. Any thoughts?

Add to the last thought: It actually crashes when I replace the "test" family with ANY family! Even another EA bin family! like I can replace them and that will work but as soon as I try to load the game again it crashes. But I can load it as MANY times as I want with the family I was just testing it with . . . there are only a handful of mods (like no mosaic, no intro, OMPS, just really SIMPLE mods ) and no CC and the only stuff I did install was some free EA store items as well as the worlds Riverview and Monte Vista . . . could that be the problem??? It would be very odd if it were...
Revision: Well I went back to the back up folder I had made when there was no Mods or Store content (including Monte Vista & Riverview) and I was able to switch my test family with another EA family, reload the game and it still worked, So I put in my saved sims and adjusted my sims, saved and quited, relaunched and it crashes Why? this was at the point in time where there was NO mods or store content all just game content . . . plus my saved sims.
this is getting frustrating cuz I can't pin point the problem now

At my wits end: so I RE-placed my backup folder where there were no Mods, no CC, no Store content, no Save Sims, I went to my test family, switched them out with another EA bin family restarted once, great, restarted twice, CRASH! I am VERY much at a loss at this point, my only other option seems to be to try and uninstall and re-install everything though I've read that doing that doesn't work for some people too I guess the only alternative is that I can just never play with Bridgeport

.... and yet if all I do is keep loading my test family the game works fine, just not when I switch them out with ANY other sim(s) which makes things even weirder cuz when I VERY first made Bridgeport the first "family" I had made was my sim me and when I did the test here this was the first sim family I made. But my first one crashed and this one can be loaded as many times as I want without crashing

WOAH!: I think I figured it out . . . it was the HOUSE that was cursed!!! Seriously! Instead of swapping out families again I just kept hopping from house to house and reloading the game and it was fine! I finally worked my way over to a high-rise, put in a random family loaded the game again and it still worked, I then put in my savedSims folder redid my beautiful sim and put them in the high rise and loaded the game twice so far without a hitch!
I'm going to try it now with the store content in it and report my findings!

CONFIRMED! IT WAS THE HOUSE!!! I tried out my sim me in a high rise with the back up I made where it was only store content and a few mods and no crash! I then put back my ORIGINAL Sims 3 folder (with all my lovely sims and their accomplishments) and I deleted my old Bridgeport, made a new one, edited my saved sim, moved them into a high rise, saved and quited and restarted the game 3 times and not ONCE has it crashed The pattern of my clothes is slightly blurred from what they looked like in CAS but I can deal with that! (there's also a weird issue where my sims face is brighter than the rest of their head which has only ever happened to me in Twinbrook, all other sims of me have their faces the same color has the rest of them). But YAY!! I can now finally play Bridgeport! And for those of you who are curious about what the evil house was, IT WAS CABIN POINT! I condemn that house!! D8<
I hope at the very least this helps some people out there who may be experiencing this issue and are using this house! Never again shall I move a sim into it!
If i will ever move in Bridgeport i will delete this lot.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Feb 2013 at 10:35 PM
Be aware that running on integrated graphics can damage your computer. You should read the following:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...nboard_Graphics
http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...r_is_Like_a_Car
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 8:01 AM Last edited by GlamourSims : 18th Feb 2013 at 8:34 AM.
I didn't know it could damage your computer I just figured you couldn't play it as well as other people
Though I have looked into better graphics cards for my computer, I just don't know much about installing them and knowing if what I'm getting is right for my PC
(I'm not very tech savvy) Though my computer isn't very old, it was able to run Sims 2 much better. But I know nothing of game cards and required power and cooling systems.
I know I could ask a techy at a store but chances are they'd take advantage of my lack of knowledge and screw me out of money somehow >.>
And I don't have a lot of money to play with either, I buy these games when they come down cheap, I got base game for like $8 and the most I spent was $20 each for Seasons and Supernatural. Still sucks to know that I shelled out all this cash for a game that's ruining my computer =.=
Why can't such a popular game be friendly to the average PC? *sighs*
Pardon me while I go cry in a corner for a bit.......

Also how do you know if all you need is just a new graphics card or if you need more than that?

Edit: I used CanYouRunIt on my laptop and it says it could run it there, I scrolled down to the graphics card section and it says my laptop has a "AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250" I don't see that one on the list here: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...em_Requirements but CanYouRunIt says it's ok (I know CanYouRunIt isn't totally reliable) but does anyone here know if the card I have there is good?

CYRI says this about my laptop:

CPU
Minimum: For XP 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
You Have: AMD Turion(tm) II P520 Dual-Core Processor.

CPU Speed
Minimum: For XP 2.0 GHz P4 processor or equivalent; For Windows Vista and Windows 7 2.4 GHz P4 processor or equivalent
You Have: 2.3 GHz

RAM
Minimum: For XP 1 GB RAM / Windows Vista and Windows 7 1.5 GB RAM
You Have: 3.8 GB

OS
Minimum: Windows XP SP2 / Vista SP1 / Windows 7
You Have: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit

Video Card
Minimum: 128 MB Video Card with support for Pixel Shader 2.0Nvidia GeForce 6 series or better (6100 not supported). ATI Radeon series card 9500 series or better. Intel Graphics Media Accelerator (GMA): GMA 3-Series, GMA 4-Series
You Have: AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

Features: Minimum attributes of your Video Card
Required You Have
Pixel Shader version 2.0 4.1
Vertex Shader version 2.0 4.1
Dedicated Video RAM 128 MB 256 MB

Sound Card
Minimum: Yes
You Have: ATI High Definition Audio Device
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Feb 2013 at 7:35 PM Last edited by GlamourSims : 18th Feb 2013 at 9:17 PM.
Also the Graphics of my PC that I'm currenty using is: Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
Which passes the canyourunit test for Sims 2 Apartment Life but not Sims 3 Seasons (something about having no Vertex Shader)