Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Nov 2014 at 10:30 PM
Default InTeen AND Pregnant Sims Wear Any Outfit?
I am trying to make two things happen in my game, and I've done it before so I know it's possible, but I can't for the life of me figure out how I did it!

I have and love the InTeenimater. I love the option of teen pregnancy, but even more than that, I love the birth control, fertility treatment, and general control it gives me over pregnancies. So I really don't want to get rid of that! However, I also want to be able to choose what my pregnant sims wear so they're not stuck in those ugly Maxis maternity defaults. I play many of my households as very old-fashioned/religious, so it's really out of place for these women to wear pants (plus, seeing the same basic outfit over and over on my pregnant sims is so boring!) I DO NOT necessarily need a "pregnant sims wear ANY outfit" hack, as I do not want to dress them in such a way that they no longer look pregnant - that's not the goal. I just know that I have custom outfits in every category that have maternity meshes, but once the sim is pregnant I can no longer Plan Outfit for most types of categories. Specifically, once she spins into maternity wear, I can't plan an everyday outfit anymore (even though I can still use the Sim Blender to put her into whatever her everyday outfit was pre-pregnancy). I know I have in the past been able to get my pregnant sims into maternity wear of my choice, but I reinstalled my game twice in the last year and I'm going through all my downloads (trying to weed out some glitchy stuff I had before), and I have not been able to recreate that ability.

So basically my problem is that I have all these great custom outfits with maternity meshes but I can't use them! And I'm afraid to install Squinge's "pregnant sims wear any outfits" hack because I hear it conflicts with the InTeenimater really badly. Is this true? What happens? (If it's only minor glitches I may be willing to put up with it). Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
NewSimmer

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 3rd Nov 2014 at 2:25 AM
Jordi has 2 versions of pregsimswearanyoutfit here. One for ep5/seasons and one for ep7/freetime. Going by your profile, the first will work fine.
If you want to use squinge's version, or seasons is no longer your newest ep, you just need to make sure that squinge's mod loads after inteen. I've used squinge's version for AL with inteen using this method and didn't have any problems.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 3:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
Jordi has 2 versions of pregsimswearanyoutfit here. One for ep5/seasons and one for ep7/freetime. Going by your profile, the first will work fine.
If you want to use squinge's version, or seasons is no longer your newest ep, you just need to make sure that squinge's mod loads after inteen. I've used squinge's version for AL with inteen using this method and didn't have any problems.

Yeah, I have the Ultimate Collection now, but the hack by Jordi for Freetime should still work, right? Or would it have to be AL/M+G compatible? I generally really like Squinge's mods, so if there's a way to do that I'd love to. Forgive me for my ignorance, but how would I go about making it load after inteen?

THANK YOU!!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Mad Poster
#4 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NewSimmer
... how would I go about making it load after inteen?

Simple. add the letter x to the .package you will download and install from Squinge.
The game will then read it last.
So if for example Squinge's mod is called..: PregTeenWearAnyOutfit.package, rename it to xPregTeenWearAnyOutfit.package

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 4:30 AM
The game reads mods in alphabetical order, and the last mod that loads "wins" if there is a mod conflict, and putting z in front of a mod is a common way to make a specific mod load last. I've always seen put z like zPregwearanyoutfit to make it load last since z is later that i for Inteen. (I've never seen x before.)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 6:08 AM
lol! oops, I meant to write Z..dunno what happened.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 6:50 AM
They are right next to each other on the keyboard heh.

Beware of files in subfolders (if you have any). Subfolders are always loaded after the main folder, so if Inteen is in a subfolder and the other hack is not then it will load last no matter what you name it. Ideally they should at least be in the same folder.
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 8:03 AM
Yeah, I have the Ultimate Collection now, but the hack by Jordi for Freetime should still work, right? Or would it have to be AL/M+G compatible?

I wouldn't recommend using Jordi's freetime version with AL/M&G. You'll wanna use Squinge's mod for AL.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 4th Nov 2014 at 9:04 PM
Yep I have it. Inteen is in a folder called Inteen and Pregwearanyoutfit is in a folder called Squinge. So no renaming files, it already loads last. Agreed BTW, you want the AL version.

Or - I've just thought, if you want to specify particular outfits as maternity, you could change their category in SimPE and then use BO's hack called Plan Maternity Wear (which does what it says on the tin). Then install a default replacement for the normal maternity wear. It's a more complex solution but perhaps a more streamlined one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
They are right next to each other on the keyboard heh.

Beware of files in subfolders (if you have any). Subfolders are always loaded after the main folder, so if Inteen is in a subfolder and the other hack is not then it will load last no matter what you name it. Ideally they should at least be in the same folder.

Could I put Inteen in a subfolder called "Inteen" and the pregnancywearanyoutfit in a subfolder called "Z must load last" or something like that? If the subfolders are organized correctly by letter, will it still load in the right order?

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katreina
I wouldn't recommend using Jordi's freetime version with AL/M&G. You'll wanna use Squinge's mod for AL.

Thanks! I'm glad to hear that - I think Squinge's mod is what I used to use, so it's the one I'm already familiar with anyway.

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
Yep I have it. Inteen is in a folder called Inteen and Pregwearanyoutfit is in a folder called Squinge. So no renaming files, it already loads last. Agreed BTW, you want the AL version.

Or - I've just thought, if you want to specify particular outfits as maternity, you could change their category in SimPE and then use BO's hack called Plan Maternity Wear (which does what it says on the tin). Then install a default replacement for the normal maternity wear. It's a more complex solution but perhaps a more streamlined one.

That must be why it used to work for me! When I first started downloading, I just threw everything into the downloads folder all willy-nilly. Lucky me that one worked out!

I think anything in SimPE is kind of above me, but I'll keep it in the back of my mind as an option. Thanks!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Nov 2014 at 10:35 PM
Oh well here's something I didn't know. I've been trying to gradualyly reinstall my custom content (to isolate and eradicate anything buggy), and apparently I ALREADY had pregnancywearanyoutfit.package in Downloads/Hacks and Mods/Pregnancy 1 and the inteenimater in Downloads/Inteen. If I'm understanding correctly, This would have the maternity mod loading first, hence not working. I've moved the Inteen folder into the Hacks and Mods subfolder, so that folder (I) should load before the pregnancywearanyoutfit folder (P). Let's see if this works!!

Also, Squinge's website seems to be down. Thank goodness I already had the file on my computer!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."
Mad Poster
#14 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 1:32 AM
Could I put Inteen in a subfolder called "Inteen" and the pregnancywearanyoutfit in a subfolder called "Z must load last" or something like that? If the subfolders are organized correctly by letter, will it still load in the right order?

I think that would work. The way to test it is to set it up and then run HCDU. The first listed hack is the one read first.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 6th Nov 2014 at 5:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I think that would work. The way to test it is to set it up and then run HCDU. The first listed hack is the one read first.

Sweet, thanks!

"Ladies and gentlemen,
take my advice:
Pull down your pants,
and slide on the ice."