Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 6:53 PM
Default Need instructions
I have recoloured the Maxis dress but the old bump map is causing lines on the back. Please could someone give me instructions if it is possible to add an new bump map using CAS tools. As this can not be done with Sims 4 Studio. Thank you.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:07 PM
Not sure why you think this can't be done with Sims 4 Studio? Just clone the dress as 'Create 3D Mesh' instead of 'Create CAS Standalone.' That's because you need to make a clone that includes the mesh in order to be able to access the bump map - cloning a recolour doesn't include the bump map. It is indeed also possible to add a new bump map with CAS Tools by following a similar procedure. It's just down to whichever tool you feel the most comfortable with.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 7:09 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 28th Jul 2015 at 7:40 PM.
To change the bumpmap in CASTools, you need to select the "Mesh Manager" tab (because like Esmeralda already explained, this is linked via the mesh). You can import and export it from there like all of the other textures (you don't need to reclone anything, just open your existing package -- it'll add the mesh to it).

I'm also moving this to Create > CAS; the Feedback forum is more for getting opinions on which colour looks better and that kind of stuff, not for technical issues.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 9:41 PM
Thank you so much for the advise