Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 3:43 AM Last edited by grammapat : 21st Jun 2019 at 4:39 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default pet births cause game crash
When a pet has babies I get the "name pets" screen, than everything freezes; game crashes. This happened before; now another family got 2 pets, bred them, but birth still crashes. SIMS can have babies as usual. I don't have any new mods. But have the horrible feeling that OUT OF THE BLUE something is conflicting; and if what I have found before is any hint, the conflict could have nothing to do with any pet hack. Anyone have any ideas before I have to do the dread 50/50?
-----------
would a copy of log be helpful? I couldn't make any sense of it.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 7:13 AM
Do you already have No Sim Loaded? I know pet pregnancy controllers are borked, but idk if that's your issue.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jun 2019 at 4:28 PM Last edited by grammapat : 21st Jun 2019 at 7:31 PM.
Default update
I do have No Sim Loaded, also a hack that fixes pregnancy controllers, but may have to redownload both.
For some reason, I have had to re-install a number of hacks. I re-downloaded BO's "no sim loaded - this one a newer version that includes a pregnancy controller. I also removed a hack by midgethetree that lets litter sizes be increased. Not only did a cat have a litter without crashing, but she had FOUR.

Alchemist
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 1:28 AM
Hmm, I wonder if MidgeTheTree's mod conflicts with something? Also, I wonder if pet litter size just depends on the room left in the household? Otherwise, perhaps you have duplicate files somewhere?

In any case, good to see your game is working right.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 4:38 AM
in an unmodded game the most amount of kittens or puppies they can have is already 4.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 5:52 AM
You said you have an error log - posting that (at least the top) would be helpful in figuring out your problem. Also, if my pet litter size mod were to conflict with another mod, the Hack Detection Conflict Utility should pick that up, so it might be worthwhile to run that and see if anything relevant shows up in the results.

AKA Midge the Tree
simblr // LJ // dreamwidth
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2019 at 3:44 PM
No longer have that error log; did try HDCU and got nothing. Thanks all.