Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 9:15 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, Island Paradise
Default A Serious Error Has Occurred While Loading..
Ah, yes. Most of us have run into this loading error at some point or another. However, there are many solutions online, and most are able to find one that works. I have not.
This only affects one save files. New games and other old games load just fine. One particular save file will always end in the error message. Since the last time playing this save file, I have not added any new CC/Mods, nor have I removed any. Basically, it's been untouched.
Thing I've tried are as follows:
Restarting my computer
Deleting caches
Making a copy
Copying the files in the folder and replacing them with the ones in .backup
Creating a new game in the same world, copying files from the original borked game and using those to replace ones in the new game.
Replacing .sims3 with .backup
Unchecking Read-Only in the Properties menu of the EA folder
Installing (and using) Unlocker
Unchecking options in the msconfig

System Specs:

I appreciate any help I can get; this is a family I've put over a year's worth of work into, and I would hate to lose it. Thanks all!
Advertisement
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Dec 2015 at 10:02 PM
I don't, unfortunately. Not a recent one at least. How upsetting.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 4:57 AM
My sympathies Mistress Tiffany.

If I may advise..learned the hard way..don't even assume one back-up is enough. I once lost a save game AND the external hard drive I was using for backup also died that same night..what are the chances huh? So, I know how you must feel.

I now have two external hard drives AND a rotating series of flash drives. that i back up onto every other day. This game is so damn temperamental!

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.