Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2015 at 2:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Custom content downloading issues
Hi, so i recently got a new computer because my old one was to old and slow, and i re downloaded the sims 3. I use to have custom content from mine downloaded from the sims recourse or just the sims 3 website, i also had sliders and stuff. So today when i tried installing my custom content what happens is that when i click "Install" it will just freeze, nothing will happen, i can still use other applications, but i can't clcim anywhere in the sims 3. The game loads fine but the custom content won't download.
PLEASE HELP
Advertisement
#2 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 2:09 PM
Was your original install from a disk?

A download from the Sims 3 website will bring up the launcher and start the install process. This brings up a second dialog box, which is frequently behind the launcher. The second dialog box will ask you to press a button to acknowledge that the install has succeeded or failed.

If your original install was from disk, and your re-install is from Origin, it won't work. You have to re-install from disk and then you can download the additional content (stuff packs and expansion packs) from Origin.
Field Researcher
#3 Old 4th Dec 2015 at 4:27 PM
Ok..let me understand this @stuart-grey (or anyone else knowledgable) because this raises alarms for me... (I hope I did the "@" notification correctly?)

I have Sims 3 currently installed from disks. NO Origin on this computer..and DO NOT WANT.

If the gods of Simming do not favor me (I propitiate them daily to try to please them) and I HAVE to ever start playing Sims 3 via Origin, WHAT exactly happens to all my store purchases and CC? Supposing I can't use my disk anymore, for some terrible reason..

I have had to re-install numerous times and know the drill of moving back Mods folder and using Launcher to re-install worlds and store content, then putting back my saves. Its worked fine.

Are you saying that if I have to resort to using Origin to *completely* reinstall my Sims 3 game..no disks available for some reason, that I would not be able to get back all my PAID for store content nor be able to re-install worlds already in downloads as Sims3Packs?

How does one restore their game with all custom content and store purchases if their original install was on disk but they can no longer reinstall anything from disks and have to use Origin? I of course have saved, like 5 times over on separate storage devices, my mods folder and downloads folder and saves I want to keep.

Maybe in my panic upon reading this I am missing something...*fans self, gets smelling salts, looks for couch to faint upon*

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.