Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2016 at 6:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default blurry graphics under water.
Hello!

I wanted my sims to dive, everything in my game looks well and the game runs smooth (in Isla Paradiso a little bit less, but that's normal, it's a huge world and iy doesn't make me grazy) but in the dive locations, it looks much, much, much, worser.

So, this is how my game looks above the water:

Doesn't look bad, eh?
This is how it looks underwater:

My specifications:

I have all my settings set on the highest, recommended by my graphics card program. My laptop is barely two months old. I don't have any lightning mods installed and I have a little bit custom content.
It doesn't have to look like this.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 7:26 AM
No, it isn't.

But I found a solution, thank you.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#4 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:19 AM
The solution I know is to go to game options and first disable advanced rendering and then enable it again every time you go diving. If your solution is different I'd like to know it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 9:52 AM
I already knew about putting off advanced rendering,but then I have to close my game every time I go diving. Someone else - on the official sism forums - give me also antoher solution I have to do in my graphics card program.
If that doesn't work, I'll try what you said!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 12:16 PM
I tried @Don Babilon's solution, and it worked!
#8 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 1:45 PM
And what was the other solution they gave you on the official forum?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 2:55 PM
Fooling around with my graphics card program, didn't help.
#10 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 4:39 PM
I don't think, however, that it is advisable to do this regularly. It may be okay to do it sometimes for screenshots but I'm not sure whether it is very healthy to do it regularly. I think that nitromon is right to a certain extent that EA may have intended a different effect underwater, which doesn't work correctly on some computers though.
If I recall correctly, there was a discussion on this in the past and it seems that some graphics card simply don't show the intended effect and show jagged corners instead of a blur effect, while others show it. It's a bit like the problems with pet fur, or outdoor shadows, or body hair on adult male Sims.