Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2014 at 4:17 AM Last edited by FennecFox : 10th Aug 2014 at 4:46 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Generations, Pets, Seasons, University Life
Game won't start at all after installing Awesomemod?
Hey guys.

So I installed Awesomemod earlier today and I was so excited. I loved the autosave feature, etc. I played for a while, then I manually saved and quit. Well, about ten minutes ago I went to launch the game aaaaaand...nothing happened. Nothing. No launcher, no game, no error message. So I started following the game help guide. I got to the step where I remove my user files, then Windows wouldn't let me rename the folder, saying it was open in another program. I removed mods, all of that, nothing. Launcher doesn't show. Help would be REALLY REALLY appreciated.

PS: I don't think it's Awesomemod, since removing my mods hasn't let me launch the game, but I thought it relevant.

ETA: I fixed it! I'd really appreciate it if a mod could delete this for me,

"Just once, can you two behave like grown ups?" "We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants. I wouldn't hold out too much hope."
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 30th Aug 2014 at 10:06 PM
Default Please Help Me!!
I've read your post, and I am happy that you've figured out how to fix it. I am also having problems with trying to get my game to work with Awesome Mod...could you share with me how you fixed your problem? I don't know if it is that i'm installing it wrong or something...but I could really use some help!!

Quote: Originally posted by FennecFox
Hey guys.

So I installed Awesomemod earlier today and I was so excited. I loved the autosave feature, etc. I played for a while, then I manually saved and quit. Well, about ten minutes ago I went to launch the game aaaaaand...nothing happened. Nothing. No launcher, no game, no error message. So I started following the game help guide. I got to the step where I remove my user files, then Windows wouldn't let me rename the folder, saying it was open in another program. I removed mods, all of that, nothing. Launcher doesn't show. Help would be REALLY REALLY appreciated.

PS: I don't think it's Awesomemod, since removing my mods hasn't let me launch the game, but I thought it relevant.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Oct 2014 at 11:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FennecFox
Hey guys.

Actually Awesomemod does disable the launcher and you have to send a copy of the actual game to your desktop in order to play it. I know because I have made this mistake many times. Although that was not your case, just thought I'd put this out there for anyone else who has had this issue with Awesomemod.