Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:17 AM
Aww! I wanted that one too. Thanks for the heads up. I appreciate it. I was thinkin' about gettin' that one next. *pout*
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 12:25 AM
Alright, so here's how I did it:

The teen I started with had the following traits: friendly, charismatic, great kisser, hopeless romantic. The fifth trait I gave her when she grew up was either good sense of humor or schmoozer (can't remember, doesn't really matter). She played a lot of guitar in the park to get as many friends as possible, so I could invite them the day they died. That's the day after you get the message that a sim is getting pretty old... I also made sure all her charisma skills were maxed out. Such charismatic sims make friends just by introducing themselves and maybe one friendly interaction.

When I invited a near-dead sim, I saved frequently, so I had a save shortly before he/she died and the reaper appeared. So then it happened and HE showed up. I cancelled the mourn command for my sim and made her walk around while the reaper did his thing so she was always near the reaper and to prevent her from doing the stupid things sims do if you don't keep them on a leash.

Then two things can happen. Either the reaper sticks around for one hour or he disappears immediately. If he disappeared immediately, I reloaded. I did this until he stayed. Then of course my sim introduced herself and immediately started to seduce him, which went pretty smooth, thank you very much.

Of course, if you read the thread I posted earlier, you'll know that there are two reapers. Soon one of them was a romantic interest and the other one just an acquaintance. From then on I was only interested in Grim "romantic interest" Reaper.

So now I had to reload until the right reaper decided to stick around, which got really tedious and annoying, but life's a bitch and then you die... I also tried to make everything happen in the garden where I had enough space to put a bed near my sim and the reaper, because you really don't want to waste time or he'll leave before the woohooing.

As soon as I had the right reaper, I paused, saved, and placed a cheap bed, so I could reload with the right reaper already there if I made a stupid mistake. I got lucky pretty soon. Apparently the reaper was horny enough to get it on and that resulted in twin boys.

A day or so after they were born I repeated all that, but failed, because the reaper refused to woohoo. Fracking bastard! However, after reloading I settled for 'propose to go steady' and it worked. I should have done that earlier, because they're less likely to refuse to woohoo if they're going steady.

So another day or so later I did all that again, and Grim 'boyfriend' Reaper was a willing victim. That resulted in the girl and I decided I had done enough reloading, and my sim was nearly an elder. So I'll probably never do it again.

So that's my true story. I don't think I left out anything important.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 1:50 AM
O.O And I thought I had too much time on my hands. XD

Well, I'll give it a go. Might be a pain, but I'll try anyway. Thanks for your advice, simwit.
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:01 AM
Thanks, simwit. If anyone turns out with a pitch black baby, could they upload it somewhere for us? I kind of want one of them. xD
Scholar
#30 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:28 AM
Looks at her game, ::sighs:: looks like I am stalking the grim reaper to. I'm giving under peer pressure... You know, I am going to use a female ghost to chase after the reaper what better way. (Yeah screwed up).

Disclaimer: I am just being a goof ball, please ignore me if offended.
Scholar
#31 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 4:29 AM
PS: Someone should MAKING BABIES WITH THE REAPER for a challenge, see who can have the most babies with the reaper.

Field Researcher
#32 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 5:58 AM
You know how many townies you'd have to kill for that? Wow. It'd be perfect for people who love doing that.
Field Researcher
#33 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 11:35 AM
I made a Grim baby, but it turned out normal, so I had to age him up until he was a young adult and killed him. The Grim Reaper got really pissed and started yelling at my radio, TV, pool and microwave. Wow I wish I had caught it on camera xD
Test Subject
#34 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 6:42 PM
Don't install the newest update if you want a GR baby! To quote the list of things updated: "Sims can no longer "Try for Baby" with the Grim Reaper!!!!"

"My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can."
~Cary Grant
Test Subject
#35 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 8:50 PM Last edited by geckonator : 29th Jul 2009 at 7:42 PM. Reason: broken images
After reading this, I thought I should try to get a Grim Reaper baby myself. This is how it worked out for me:

My sim Bianca's husband had just died (of starvation, if it makes any difference). Grim came and went through his normal ritual. After dealing with the husband, he stayed for a while. I jacked his relationship with Bianca up to Best Friends using the 'testingcheatsenabled' cheat, but he left before I could get him into bed. :/

I needed someone else to kill so that he would return, so I called up the repairman, added her to the family when she arrived, and killed her by starvation. This time it was the second Grim, the one I had no relationship with, and he left as soon as he was finished with the repairman. I killed some more townies (4 in total) until the original Grim came and stayed for long enough for them to 'try for baby'. He left directly afterwards.

The pregnancy was regular, with no unusual happenings. The main difference between my sim's pregnancy and the others I've seen in this thread is that mine was born literally black! I've posted pictures below.

Bianca walking out of the hospital with the baby boy, Felix. I don't think Bianca being blue has anything to do with Felix's skincolour.

I aged him up fairly quickly, as his features were hardly noticeable as a baby. It's still hard to see his features as a toddler.

His face is much clearer in CAS. I think he's quite cute. :3

And a picture of his older twin sisters and Bianca again. I'm posting this to show that Bianca's kids are usually fairly consistent colour-wise, 50/50. Don't mind Mortimer there in the background, he's not related.

I think he's quite cool myself, but I'm most definately the horror movie type. ;p One thing a Grim baby might be useful for is a Japanese horror style little girl, if you were doing a machinima to that effect. I hope someone finds this useful!
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:02 PM
if you make you sim you want to have the baby unlucky they can't die! grim comes for them and brigs them back to life.
take your hunger bar to 0, die, grim comes and brings you back to life, then start flirtin
Scholar
#37 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:10 PM
AWWW YOUR BABY IS SO CUTE! I want one!

Field Researcher
#38 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:13 PM
The grim reaper waits around after your sim dies theres a great chance to get to know him and becomes friends or lovers ect ect ^^ lol

And the raven, never flitting, still is sitting, still is sitting
On the pallid bust of Pallas just above my chamber door;
And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming
Scholar
#39 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:14 PM
Yeah I got a play chess for sims life once before but stupid pregnant sim fainted.

Field Researcher
#40 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:21 PM
Aw Cute Baby!
Test Subject
#41 Old 28th Jul 2009 at 9:49 PM
Thanks ghostanimal and DrowingFishy! I thought I may as well add this while I'm spamming. :o
When I put the rainbow facepaint on Felix, the rainbow is completely black instead of, well, rainbow-coloured. It still looks like face paint, the black is different to his skintone, and none of the other facepaints are changed. I think it's kinda funny actually, no son of the Reaper would let rainbows be painted on his face, or some thing like that. xD
Forum Resident
#42 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 12:39 AM
I have a theory of how to preserve Grim babies even with the new patch. There are pitch black Grim-made Sims even right now up for download in the Exchange (and if EA removes them, I'm sure someone on here would be so kind as to provide...). Put some of them in your game, and Grim's genetics will be saved!
Not the same as getting them through bumping uglies with Grim I guess, but it might be a good surrogate method for the minority of players who shy away from mods (like me).
At least, in theory.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#43 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 3:56 AM
I don't mind mods. XD I have a giant folder of them already. Or at least the ones I can get for sims 3. Modders are slow! *pouts playfully*

Well, I thought maybe the WinterMute grim hack would work after I installed the update, so I'm gonna try now and see if it works. I just have to download it again. XD

I'll let you know how it goes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#44 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:07 AM
Yeah... No dice. Ruined by update.. and Wintermute's mod doesn't let my game load. >.<* wtf. So no babies with grim. -depressed-

I guess I have to settle for ghost babies. *pouts*
Field Researcher
#45 Old 29th Jul 2009 at 4:11 AM
I want Grim Babies, but I just installed awesomemod, which is already crashing my game a lot
Test Subject
#46 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:15 AM
After reading the details for wintermute's mod, all it does is allow you to call grimy on the phone and invite him over. But I think it ruins the whole idea of the thing. Killing random sims to gain a relationship with grimmy makes it more... realistic... yeah, like someone would do this in RL.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:22 AM
If I had a baby with the Grim Reaper in real life, explaining that to my parents would be kind of hard, not to mention they won't believe me rofl

My Website: http://thecrazyqueen.webs.com/
My Suckish Writing: http://www.fictionpress.com/~ghostanimal

My name is Kaya. Call me that.
Test Subject
#48 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:37 AM
My mom would believe me... And then she'd find him (even if it did mean killing someone), beat the heck out of him, and make him support me and the child.
Instructor
#49 Old 30th Jul 2009 at 1:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by bloodsight
My mom would believe me... And then she'd find him (even if it did mean killing someone), beat the heck out of him, and make him support me and the child.

Yes just what we need. A Family Guy style world where no one dies cause Mr Reaper is so busy with his kiddies.
Test Subject
#50 Old 1st Aug 2009 at 3:43 AM
Kiddies? Oh dear, I'm gonna need a bigger hypothetical house...

And my sim had a grimmy baby, then she died, and the baby was taken away... So I can only asume that grim was not happy with the outcome of the virtual custody battle.
Page 2 of 5