Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 4:55 AM
Help help help! i've been asking this q alot and I've gotten no answers (yet) I have a problem with UV mapping that I just can't figure out. I created an object in a 3d prog. made the UV to it too. I bring it into Milshape and Milkshape sees the UV map perfectly fine. but when I export the mesh to the game either it's invisible of it has nothing but vertical (or other directions) lines all over it. Basically take a sheet of paper with the polys and lay it flat on a table then take an image and STAND it over the paper so ALL of the pollys only come in contact with just the bare edege of the texture image. Then just sweep the whole sheet in one directiono. Can aaaaaaaaaaaaannnny body help me? ;_; ???
Advertisement
Admin of Randomness
retired moderator
#2 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 5:59 AM
This was posted at the end of the milkshape body uvmapping tutorial.... so I moved this back into objects.

Now, maybe some screenshots to show your uvmap and your texture and object would help.

"Undertake something that is difficult; it will do you good. Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow." - Ronald E. Osborn

Please do NOT PM me with requests, creation questions, or game help questions. Click for help:
Game Help | Create | Content List | Where Can I Find?
Scholar
#3 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 7:18 AM
what 3d program are you using?
Part-time Hermit
#4 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 9:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ToRnado
what 3d program are you using?

In the first post they say Milkshape.
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Sep 2006 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by IgnorantBliss
In the first post they say Milkshape.

i dont think he is cos he said this

Quote:
I created an object in a 3d prog. made the UV to it too. I bring it into Milshape and Milkshape
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 3:56 AM
I'm using modo to make the actuall geometry. I was running it through milkshape to make sure the texture map was right. but either way i now have to say never mind cause I figured out was my problem was. turns out that the object needed tohave any kind of weight mapping befor I could even see it right. Thanks for your quick responces tho.