Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#1376 Old 17th Dec 2012 at 1:48 PM
Hey there …Sorry to disturb...Since I can’t make sim clothes or hairs I am trying to make some poses…I have everything downloaded, but I can’t get the rig files to add in to blender. I have downloaded all sorts of rig files, but nothing works. I would be forever grateful if someone could help.

I have Blender 2.65, if that helps?
Advertisement
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1377 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by EileenJ
Hey there …Sorry to disturb...Since I can’t make sim clothes or hairs I am trying to make some poses…I have everything downloaded, but I can’t get the rig files to add in to blender. I have downloaded all sorts of rig files, but nothing works. I would be forever grateful if someone could help.

I have Blender 2.65, if that helps?
If you're using Blender you are best off using A's ClipTool and the set of rigs he made that goes with it. It was recently updated for Blender 2.64 so you may have to fall back in order to use it...I haven't tried it with 2.65 yet so I cannot say for sure. The link is here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=862.0

A actively supports both tool and rigs and there are multiple tutorials for them here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?board=48.0

If you have more questions feel free to post 'em there
Test Subject
#1378 Old 21st Dec 2012 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by orangemittens
If you're using Blender you are best off using A's ClipTool and the set of rigs he made that goes with it. It was recently updated for Blender 2.64 so you may have to fall back in order to use it...I haven't tried it with 2.65 yet so I cannot say for sure. The link is here:

http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo...php?topic=862.0

A actively supports both tool and rigs and there are multiple tutorials for them here:

If you have more questions feel free to post 'em there

Thank you very much :D
Test Subject
#1379 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 5:37 PM
Hi there, sorry to bother again. I have made my pose and I pressed "A" to highlight all the bones, then I pressed "I" and LocRot and I exported the SMD. I got a new folder named "anims".

I selected the file with the extension ".smd" in my pose folder, right clicked, and selected rename. I Pressed Ctrl + C on my keyboard. Then I opened the "anims" folder and clicked rename and paste what I have copied...

I opened the AnimTool and selected "SMD - > Clip". I selected the .smd file and clicked open, but it gave an error. So I went and opened the SMD folder in my pose folder and it said No Error...

I packaged my clip, everything went well until I tried my pose. All I got was a sim standing with arms opened...Like when you start to create your pose...

I'm following a tutorial that I found Here and I followed all of the instructions over and over again, but I just can't seem to get the pose to show in the game :/
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1380 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 9:15 PM
Hi there, sorry to bother again. I have made my pose and I pressed "A" to highlight all the bones, then I pressed "I" and LocRot and I exported the SMD. I got a new folder named "anims".

I selected the file with the extension ".smd" in my pose folder, right clicked, and selected rename. I Pressed Ctrl + C on my keyboard. Then I opened the "anims" folder and clicked rename and paste what I have copied...

I opened the AnimTool and selected "SMD - > Clip". I selected the .smd file and clicked open, but it gave an error. So I went and opened the SMD folder in my pose folder and it said No Error...

I packaged my clip, everything went well until I tried my pose. All I got was a sim standing with arms opened...Like when you start to create your pose...

I'm following a tutorial that I found Here and I followed all of the instructions over and over again, but I just can't seem to get the pose to show in the game :/
I apologize for saying so but I don't have time to support tutorials written by other people...I would have to read their tutorial to decide if it's even correct before starting to figure out where you're running into problems.

Again, I do not suggest the use of AnimTool with Blender because it requires the use of the .smd extension which is an extra step rendered obsolete by the newer ClipTool. I posted a link to that tool above. I've written several tutorials for that tool and it is the only tool I support for Sims 3 posing with Blender. If you download the ClipTool and rig set and follow the tutorial I wrote it will literally take you about 5 minutes to accomplish your first pose successfully...it really is that easy.
Test Subject
#1381 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 2:28 PM
I apologize for saying so but I don't have time to support tutorials written by other people...I would have to read their tutorial to decide if it's even correct before starting to figure out where you're running into problems.

Again, I do not suggest the use of AnimTool with Blender because it requires the use of the .smd extension which is an extra step rendered obsolete by the newer ClipTool. I posted a link to that tool above. I've written several tutorials for that tool and it is the only tool I support for Sims 3 posing with Blender. If you download the ClipTool and rig set and follow the tutorial I wrote it will literally take you about 5 minutes to accomplish your first pose successfully...it really is that easy.

I will go and take a look . Thank you so much for helping me, I really appreciate it
Test Subject
#1382 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 3:46 PM
I finally did it

I just want to say thanks for all of your help : orangemittens
I couldn't have done it without you :D
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1383 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 4:48 PM
I finally did it

I just want to say thanks for all of your help : orangemittens
I couldn't have done it without you :D
You're welcome...I'm glad it worked out for you
Test Subject
#1384 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 11:15 PM
I have Sims 3, but when I go to go to program files, there is no electronics arts folder...
Test Subject
#1385 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 11:18 PM
sorry,don't worry, I found it
Test Subject
#1386 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 8:50 AM
Me again. I wan't to make a pose with a gun...I have downloaded the gun accessory...How do I get the gun in blender so that I can make the pose with the gun?

P.S. I know how to add CAS objects in Blender I just want to know how to add downloaded stuff in to Blender
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1387 Old 24th Dec 2012 at 7:15 PM
Me again. I wan't to make a pose with a gun...I have downloaded the gun accessory...How do I get the gun in blender so that I can make the pose with the gun?

P.S. I know how to add CAS objects in Blender I just want to know how to add downloaded stuff in to Blender
Is the gun an object or a CAS part? I wrote tutorials for how to add both into Blender and posted them at Simlogical here:

If you try those tutorials and run into trouble feel free to ask questions in the threads for the tutorials there.

kgdhnu I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about but that method is not going to allow someone to extract a mesh from a .package and import it into Blender.
Test Subject
#1388 Old 25th Dec 2012 at 8:51 AM
Is the gun an object or a CAS part? I wrote tutorials for how to add both into Blender and posted them at Simlogical here:

If you try those tutorials and run into trouble feel free to ask questions in the threads for the tutorials there.

kgdhnu I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about but that method is not going to allow someone to extract a mesh from a .package and import it into Blender.

Thank you very much for all of your help. May you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
Test Subject
#1389 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 8:36 PM
Default couple poses?
Okay, I think I searched pretty much the entire internet by now and I can't find a tutorial for creating couple poses.
I use milkshape btw
Test Subject
#1390 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 10:05 PM
Default Pregnant Rig
I used the search option to see whether anyone made mention of a pregnant rig for milkshape but the poster seemed to figure out a way that involved mixing a mesh that wasn't working and one of the old rigs. I don't really understand how he did it to be honest so is there a chance anyone will ever make a pregnant mesh for milkshape...blender is a little long winded for me, I don't really want to stress myself getting used to it and taking hours on a pose when it could take only a half hour to make the same pose in MS.
Or if there is already one somewhere could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1391 Old 11th Jan 2013 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Taiju
I used the search option to see whether anyone made mention of a pregnant rig for milkshape but the poster seemed to figure out a way that involved mixing a mesh that wasn't working and one of the old rigs. I don't really understand how he did it to be honest so is there a chance anyone will ever make a pregnant mesh for milkshape...blender is a little long winded for me, I don't really want to stress myself getting used to it and taking hours on a pose when it could take only a half hour to make the same pose in MS.
Or if there is already one somewhere could you point me in the right direction?

Thank you.
Cmar made some pregnant meshes and posted them in this thread in post #554. Iirc there was an issue with bone assignments that requires a little working around in order to use them. In post #557 someone who used them successfully describes the method they utilized.

Quote: Originally posted by littleliar990
Okay, I think I searched pretty much the entire internet by now and I can't find a tutorial for creating couple poses.
I use milkshape btw
I've described how this can be done several times in this thread. Read through the posts and if you have trouble finding where I discussed it post again
Lab Assistant
#1392 Old 12th Jan 2013 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by littleliar990
I use milkshape btw

http://simprovposes.com/tutorials/
Test Subject
#1393 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 3:02 PM
Default Im Such A Noob But...
Am I The Only Person Who Cant Get To Most Of These Links? When I Click On The Link For S3PE It Pops Up With 404 Not Found And For The Rigs A Page This x100!? Rar!ϐs
8tt��6�&#65533R�esS<3 adult_rigfile.txt���( P��|�������XG��w� ���,;�3cdRF-ƞ6�L������wd�I��E˝ɚ���<�x4K��|Q�I\5�@\��ыnn�Ƀ��6|z(ͪ����?E�2&BN���%xΌ��@ u��1�f;�F_�&�|�7��[��s����J���Cw9���ALBDkx���m��10ѿ��ީG����|� �Rx̮h�������~9�06��c2��8����D�f�qs�d��v��s���\�#�� �� �H`
I Also Have A Mac Is This Going To Affect The Way I Have To Make The Poses?
In the Arena
retired moderator
#1394 Old 12th Apr 2013 at 4:55 PM
Welcome to MTS, @SugarCoveredEllie!
May I recommend to read the Site Rules & Guidelines? You can find the link under the Site menu on the navigation bar.

Do you mean the S3PE auto-link (<-- the dotted underlined text) does not bring you to simlogical site, when you click on it?

You need to jump through some hoops to work with S3PE on a Mac; but as for making the poses themselves, if you use Blender, they have an OSX version. See this stickied thread to use Mono and S3PE on a Mac: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580
Test Subject
#1395 Old 12th May 2013 at 3:57 AM
Hi everyone! Feels nice to be back. I just have a question, I found orangemittens tutorials about pose making valuable but I can't just seem to access them

I know it was written in WordPress and I was just wondering if there's a new link or if the author really did bring it down?

Here's the link I tried to-revisit: http://s3py.wordpress.com/tutorials...teposetutorial/
Field Researcher
#1396 Old 12th May 2013 at 7:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Hunter Jin
Hi everyone! Feels nice to be back. I just have a question, I found orangemittens tutorials about pose making valuable but I can't just seem to access them

I know it was written in WordPress and I was just wondering if there's a new link or if the author really did bring it down?

Here's the link I tried to-revisit: http://s3py.wordpress.com/tutorials...teposetutorial/

I've been having that same problem. It says that it is not available anymore.
Test Subject
#1397 Old 12th May 2013 at 1:53 PM
Yeah that's so sad. And I'm already accustomed to Blender and to learn Milkshape will take me maybe an hour to learn. I just hope the new link will be available soon
Lab Assistant
#1398 Old 13th May 2013 at 3:22 PM
I needed it so much thanks you im glad you posted this tutorial
Test Subject
#1399 Old 15th May 2013 at 12:53 PM
Waaah! I really need to see the tutorial again T_T Can someone tell me what happened to A (the author of the blog)?
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1400 Old 16th May 2013 at 1:56 AM Last edited by orangemittens : 16th May 2013 at 7:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Hunter Jin
Waaah! I really need to see the tutorial again T_T Can someone tell me what happened to A (the author of the blog)?

http://sims3cliptool.wordpress.com/

The blog is back.
Page 56 of 58