Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 3:09 AM Last edited by 9b8ll : 19th Feb 2009 at 7:17 AM.
Default Weird Problems with SimPE
Hey,
okay I have two problems with SimPE. I installed AL DVD and the latest version of Simpe. I have windows XP. one problem I have is when I go to look trying to look for a mesh I get this annoying error. like this, Is this normal by the way?

Another problem is that when I tried object workshop I do not see any objects thumnails whatsoever. like this

SimPE was Normal, until I installed The AL DVD but know I don't know what to do at this point. Is it my AL DVD or SimPE?
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 9:26 AM
Some of the CRES resources in AL were broken (by EA). This was corrected in M&G, and if you do upgrade to M&G then untick AL from your EPs when making stuff in SimPE.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 10:03 AM
So does this means that I have to Get M&G to get it fixed? Because I don't have it. and when you say untick you mean the file tables?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 11:42 AM
Yes, in the filetable, and of course you have to reload the filetable then to drop the EP from it.

If it's not an actual AL object you're trying to clone or recolour, maybe you could untick AL anyway, without getting M&G.

I'll have a word with Peter and see if he can stop it giving up altogether just because it found a broken CRES - which probably wasn't even the one you wanted to use.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 19th Feb 2009 at 8:13 PM
Okay I just bought M&G today and It still doing it though, but I once I untick the AL File table and it worked! I can see the object thumbnails and there's no error popups. thank you so much for you help.