Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#976 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 5:12 AM
FYI someone has been keeping the CAW Wiki updated!

It has a nice list of worlds categorized by world region:

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/Worlds_by_Themes
Advertisement
Scholar
#977 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 8:45 AM
Custom worlds confuse me.

What kind of problems can you expect when you don't have or don't want to install one of the listed ep's ? And can this be fixed without using CAW? Like for example replacing ep rabbitholes with your own etc.
Field Researcher
#978 Old 26th Dec 2015 at 5:52 PM
mthrak_nl, in most of the cases where I have installed custom worlds without the required expansions, all that happened is plants from whatever the expansion was got swapped out with base game ones. You can remove them if you don't like them where they are in Edit Town.
Upon rare occasion textures or too many other things from the expansion would be missing and those will either not install at all or I don't bother in the first place, knowing there will be problems.

I haven't had the experience of having to replace rabbit holes from Eps I don't have, so maybe someone else can address that point.

Most of the custom worlds i use have way better routing than many of the EA ones, btw. There are some very good creators out there who thoroughly play-test their work before releasing.

MTS does not allow us to delete our accounts. I will not be logging into this account anymore, so PMs would go unanswered.
Scholar
#979 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 11:19 AM
Ok, but the confusing part for me is that in a different thread I discussed using Appaloosa plains without installing Pets (so basically making a copy of the installed world and then removing Pets ep, or just using the fixed version). I don't want to install Pets because it always lags my game in a serious way, but I like that neighbourhood. Anyway, people expected that the game would have serious trouble with that and maybe not even load that neighbourhood without Pets installed.

This is what confuses me. I expected the ep worlds to behave the same as custom worlds in that way. Hoping I could use those worlds anyway, if for whatever reason I didn't want to install the respective ep. But how is it different for a world that comes with an ep?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#980 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 1:18 PM
@mithrak_nl- Appaloosa Plains without pets would basically be the terrain and nothing else. Any build elements (windows, doors, wallpapers, textures etc) would be missing, so the lots would not be viable and would need rebuilding. Furniture and objects would be missing. All of the terrain paints in Appaloosa Plains would be absent as they all came with the EP. The distant terrain would be missing. Any PetsEP Trees, bushes, plants, rabbitholes and world decor would be missing. So, your best bet to have Appaloosa Plains without pets would be to use the heightmap to make your own version of the world.
http://www.modthesims.info/showpost...077&postcount=4
Theorist
#981 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 10:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
FYI someone has been keeping the CAW Wiki updated!

It has a nice list of worlds categorized by world region:

http://cawtool.wikia.com/wiki/Worlds_by_Themes

Quote:
(Denmark/Netherlands) Dronningslund by FagerSims

Are there more of these (partly) Dutch(/German like the two on the same list) worlds of a similar townish/small city kind of places? Or sources who maybe have such worlds?
Mad Poster
#982 Old 27th Dec 2015 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Viktor86
Are there more of these (partly) Dutch(/German like the two on the same list) worlds of a similar townish/small city kind of places? Or sources who maybe have such worlds?

http://fagersims.tumblr.com/post/56...-older-versions
Mad Poster
#983 Old 6th Feb 2016 at 1:34 AM
Mad Poster
#984 Old 10th Feb 2016 at 3:43 AM
Lab Assistant
#985 Old 12th Feb 2016 at 7:02 PM
Here it is my world. It's a medieval/fantasy world without roads.
Hope you like it:

http://silfantasy.blogspot.com.es/2...-epic-sims.html
Mad Poster
#986 Old 28th Mar 2016 at 3:29 AM
Alchemist
#987 Old 25th May 2016 at 7:10 AM
I found a new favorite custom world, Legacy Island III, which defeats my other favorite custom world, Evansdale County. It has almost all lot assignments you need, has many empty lots, and is lightly populated. Perfect for players who want all features from all EPs integrated in one world like me. Some key negative points from me:
-Lack of several lot assignments / rabbit hole, includuing: fusion lounge, future lounge, stellar observatory, bot emporium, gallery shop, Chinese garden, rebel hangout, local watering hole, dance club, disco club, cafeteria, cat jungle, and dog park. These all can easily be added though, and there's a huge empty residential lot at the center of the town that can be converted into stellar observatory.
-It's good to have hidden islands, but there are 7 (or 6)! I don't think it's normally possible to discover all hidden islands to fulfill the LTW in Isla Paradiso, so I hated that there are as many here.
-There are 3 resorts. Too many to my taste, especially since for some reason I can never check in an unowned resort at all.
-Too many advanced bars. There's even an advanced bar placed on a lot assignment that only serves 1 drink.
-Some show venues don't have proprietor placement, making the NPC wander around the lot.
-I love that the town is lightly populated, but since some are returning TS2 Sims, it's hard to imagine them being played different (at least to me), like keeping Skip Broke and Darleen Dreamer alive.

But honestly, there are much more good sides than bad ones from me. You should definitely try this world.

Just call me Nikel
Test Subject
#988 Old 25th May 2016 at 12:01 PM
If I play a custom world without listing a specific EP requirement, say Supernatural or Pets, do I still get all the features from the EP?

I am new to Sims so don't know how EP works and I only have the base game now. I don't care about the premium stuff packs as mods are better. Some EP do sound like they add more than goodies but might not worth the money for me if the added game mechanics are world specific.

Thanks
Instructor
#989 Old 25th May 2016 at 4:00 PM
@wr3sim3 No, the features that you would get if you had the EP would not be present in your game. For example, if you download a world with an elixir consignment store without having SN, the elixir consignment store will probably not show in your game, and if it does, it won't function like one. Also, all items from SN would also disappear and be replaced by base game items (furniture, landscaping, clothes, hairstyles, etc).
Test Subject
#990 Old 25th May 2016 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MistressTiffany
@wr3sim3 No, the features that you would get if you had the EP would not be present in your game. For example, if you download a world with an elixir consignment store without having SN, the elixir consignment store will probably not show in your game, and if it does, it won't function like one. Also, all items from SN would also disappear and be replaced by base game items (furniture, landscaping, clothes, hairstyles, etc).

I was thinking vice versa. For example, I am interested in Super Natural for the zombie infestation. Do zombies only show up in worlds that specifically lists SN as a requirement?
Top Secret Researcher
#991 Old 25th May 2016 at 5:14 PM
No, if you have the Supernatural EP, they will show up in any world unless you disable them with a mod. If you don't have the EP, they won't show regardless of requirements of the Custom world.
Mad Poster
#992 Old 26th May 2016 at 4:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
WIPS:

Sunlit City

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...onaires-edition

Sunlit City is apparently out for testing:
http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...dy-unpopulated/
Test Subject
#993 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 8:29 PM
Hey guys, I'm looking for New York City, there are a couple of them out there but I'm not sure they're up to date. A full, populated world with a similar city vibe would do as well. Any suggestions?
Scholar
#994 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 10:40 AM
Any of you cats got a sweet empty world that would be good for constructing a city? Something large but with a more condensed layout (No big empty spaces between skyscrapers, y'know?), doesn't require too many needed EPs, not an island. I feel like building a city and practicing constructing skyscrapers and urban lots but I hate CAW.

Edit: And, uh, doesn't require the latest patch. I refuse to let Origins molest my computer with its ghastly, crusty callused fingers.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Top Secret Researcher
#995 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 11:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
And, uh, doesn't require the latest patch. I refuse to let Origins molest my computer with its ghastly, crusty callused fingers.

There's a version of CAW out for Sims 3 1.69, and for those of us who are stuck with 1.69, it seems to work as well (and as badly) as the older CAW did with 1.67.

http://gb.thesims3.com/game/tools/world
Scholar
#996 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 8:12 AM
Haha. Just checked my Version, still on 1.66. I wouldn't actually mind having a go at CAW. I mean, I'd give up two roads in. Or, like, half way through the first floor of a building, but I've always wanted to see how it works. I have some ideas for a city world.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Mad Poster
#997 Old 25th Sep 2016 at 2:42 PM
I still love to work in CAW. That is one of the things I miss the most about 4. It takes a long, long, long time to do a world that is not totally horrible, but it is well worth it to me. I have done about 6 and they have been fun to do and I was very pleased with the results. I have one that is about 95% done that I need to finish.

More recently I have reworked and added to one done by someone else who shared the CAW files.
Test Subject
#998 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 7:01 AM
Recently I have been using Alpine county and I am loving it
Lab Assistant
#1000 Old 30th Nov 2016 at 6:03 PM
My personal favorite has to be Hylewood. It's just so pretty and doesn't lag badly like some of the other worlds I've played in. I'm tempted to check out Van Crest by catlover800, but I sadly don't have all the expansion packs and stuff packs she seems to use more often.
Page 40 of 42