Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:56 AM
Default Favorite Creators for Game Mods
Who's game mods can you just not live without? If you were limited to only downloading game mods from one person who would it be? And second choice.

First Choice:

Numenor

For me without a doubt in my mind, first one that comes to mind is Numenor. So many great hacks, tools, mods, and new objects that are an absolute must in gameplay and creating for the sims 2. Like his handy shop at home for free coat rack, the magazine holder, of course this goes without saying, the CEP, followed by the any game starter, are my other two must haves by him. I think he's just extremely intelligent (without him, custom just about anything would be nearly impossible since he helped build the object workshop). And I can't wait to see what he comes with next.

Second choice:

MogHudson

I absolutely cannot live without her career finder board. As a creator of custom careers, this tool comes in extremely handy instead of waiting for a career to pop up on your computer screen, or newspaper, you now have the option of selecting all of your Maxis and Custom careers from a pie menu on the board. For gameplay her homework finder for children, teens and young adults is a must have for when children hide their homework, now they conveniently place them on the desk. Everything she does it seems turns to absolute gold, and I can't rave about her enough.

So who are your favorite creators for game mods?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:50 PM
Default Great Thread
ohhhhhh for this I had to seriously think... what do I use most, what do I ALWAYS use when playing.

First.. Numenor, I agree, primarily as a builder and fledgling creator, CEP, Object workshop etc etc, hardly a day goes past without firing up something that has Numenor on it.

Second.. well I too looked at the job board which is in all my hoods, but most of all, JoinMobile it's you. I NEVER play the game without unlimited uses of Elixir for Life. I don't do the ageing thing

Regards

Graham

Edit for spelling stupidity
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 31st May 2009 at 12:56 PM
I could not live without Inge's Mods. The Simlogical school system is heavily featured in my game, most probably becuase I aspire to be a teacher anyway so having a functioning school in my game is fun.

Second choice would be Numenor simply because he is a legend!

Hosting my first contest "Style and Culture" :D
Find it here: Style and culture contest
Theorist
#4 Old 31st May 2009 at 2:58 PM
Of course Numenor and Pescado I don't think I even need to give the reason here
Field Researcher
#5 Old 31st May 2009 at 3:11 PM
Monique. I think I have EVERY mod she's made. I can't imagine how I ever got by without her hacked computer. Pescado is another, and squinge.
Theorist
#6 Old 31st May 2009 at 5:27 PM
Obviously, Numenor for CEP and a lot of other wonderful things, but there is no single person that is my absolute favorite because there are way too many good ones out there. I love a lot of JFade's things, especially the aspiration reward objects like the career flamingo, the no ghosts wall hanging, and stuff like that. I love that I can do things like getting a Sim their dream career (Career Flamingo) in a way that's less cheaty (as in it uses aspiration points) than other methods I've seen for doing the same thing. I also have hundreds of tiny little files that squash major annoyances from Squinge, TwoJeff, Pescado, Dizzy, Monique, Inge and many others.

One of my all-time favorite cheaty type objects is the clothing rack made by MaryLou and Numenor, the one where my Sims can get new clothes without going shopping for them. I sure don't mind taking them shopping for clothes, but sometimes it's just a major inconvenience, like when they just came back from Uni and I just want to get them into a house as soon as possible before I need to do something else.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 9:27 AM
Rebecah is so awesome, I spent like ten minutes typing her a whole PM essay on how much I appreciate her work! She has custom animations even for toddlers.

Bruno
is another one I added. That person is very artistic and tasteful! I spend hours trying to texture and skin and can't get things as perfect as his stuff.

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 4:05 PM
[QUOTE=joninmobile]Who's game mods can you just not live without? If you were limited to only downloading game mods from one person who would it be? And second choice.

I'm assuming you mean actual game mods and not custom content like clothes, object and such. Don't throw rotten fruit at me for this, but I don't really use much in the way of mods in my game...lots of CC though, mostly by Hysterical Paroxysm and Bruno. So if I were to pick two general overall favorite artists, it would be them. The only mod I actually have is the insimenator and I use it mostly for NPC sims and families when I'm fine tuning them for my game. Geez, I feel boring now!

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Jul 2009 at 5:12 PM
I only use Gunmod's Radiance Light System and Numenor's Smarter Lights. Also Numenor's No Water for the Sprinklers.

So I would say...Numenor? haha. I don't use any other mods/hacks. I guess I'm boring too.
Scholar
#10 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cloffee
I only use Gunmod's Radiance Light System and Numenor's Smarter Lights. Also Numenor's No Water for the Sprinklers.

So I would say...Numenor? haha. I don't use any other mods/hacks. I guess I'm boring too.

Does Numenor's CEP count as a mod? I have that too. Cloffee, I've come to the conclusion that we're not boring, we're just not giving our games any excuses to slack off and not let us play.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Site Helper
#11 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 2:06 AM
I can't pick just one either. Numenor, Inge, Twojeffs, and Paladin would all be on the list.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook